Learning and Development Managers are responsible for the professional development and learning of an organization’s employees. Their duties include developing and implementing training programs, identifying areas of improvement, determining the effectiveness of a program, supervising and managing supporting staff, leading projects and providing feedback.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Learning And Development Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Learning And Development Manager resumes for your reference.
Learning and Development Manager Resume Sample 1
- Designed a leadership development workshop for employees in a large hotel and convention center with over 3000 employees.
- During the 2-month organization, identified and corrected numerous problems, improved quality control, reduced overtime costs for all departments by 20%, increased sales and decreased employee turnover.
- Developed plans to improve personnel productivity by reducing time management issues for 1st shift supervisor and creating a meeting room for her department.
- Improved worker morale by performing management training and fair performance review to reduce work-related stress.
- Served as resource banker for the American Heart Association / American Cancer Society; lead health fairs which raised $30,000 annually.
Learning and Development Manager Resume Sample 2
- Researched, designed, and developed new training systems for multiple-division Fortune 500 companies.
- Conceived, designed, and analyzed performance statistics for corporate training budgeting.
- Trained as an instructor of multiple high-technology machines in one of the largest technical education centers in the United States.
- Dropped a self-imposed disability to earn Eagle Scout recognition.
- Identified, recruited, and trained four volunteers who went on to establish a corporation that earned $500,000 in annual sales volume.
Learning and Development Manager Resume Sample 3
- Provided guidance and support to new associates.
- Developed written and verbal communication skills of lower-performing associates.
- Trained a team of individuals in Microsoft Excel, allowing them to more effectively use automated tools to improve business processes.
- Trained an entire staff of employees in a new product line, resulting in increased sales and higher morale.
- Recognized for assisting the Human Resources department with improving employee retention efforts by 30 percent through face-to-face training sessions on company policies and procedures that were focused at the individual level, thus reducing the amount of time spent on training by nearly 50 percent with the same effectiveness.
Learning and Development Manager Resume Sample 4
- Identified, developed, and implemented training and development programs that improved productivity.
- Designed, implemented, and evaluated training programs to convert organizational skills into individual performance.
- Spawned a new product line by developing a new course. Instructed new employees in company procedures and policies in the course of a year.
- Found new markets for our products through the marketing plan I developed.
- Successfully managed a small organization during my 18-month tenure to see it every way possible to succeed. I learned an infinite amount of information about leadership as well as how your business can be run efficiently.
Learning and Development Manager Resume Sample 5
- Chaired monthly L&D committee to guide the direction of training initiatives.
- Ensured more effective evidence-based learning transfer between classroom and job setting by completing required competency assessments.
- Achieved recognition as highly effective facilitator; evidenced by 85% employee participation rates, top ratings in constructive feedback survey, and timely completion of the annual goal attainment process.
- Conducted face-to-face training for new L&D employee orientation and provided daily communication support and coordination.
- Improved team morale through targeted staff professional development and individualized coaching strategies.
Learning and Development Manager Resume Sample 6
- Established the foundation for an excellent working relationship with R and D and Marketing, enabling them to accomplish the greatest results
- Coordinated all pre-launch activities for a new product line to ensure its success.
- Spearheaded the successful launch of a new product line, which incurred a projected net income of $2 million for company.
- Planned, organized and directed activities that enabled company to achieve 17% annual growth in sales.
- Founded a new training department and designed initial curriculum to teach employees how to use newly acquired skills in their work responsibilities.
Learning and Development Manager Resume Sample 7
- Managed the development of over 20 annual online training products for organizations within the United States; designed educational products to gain competitive advantage.
- Trained over 10,000 employees within electronic and online learning solutions on a variety of topics; facilitated customized learning solutions.
- Determined and documented needs for corporate wide product development and created analytical tools for the evaluation of new ideas.
- Achieved award for outstanding contribution to company’s legal agreement training program; developed resources in reference to new banking regulations.
- Recognized for extraordinary product development; developed over 250 new learning products that increased employee productivity by 6%.
Learning and Development Manager Resume Sample 8
- Developed and implemented a new project management system for the R&D, Marketing, and Production teams.
- Identified, vetted, and approved an applicant from outside the company to head the R&D department.
- Evaluated employee career growth opportunities by developing a skills matrix covering all employees.
- Assisted in reducing product development time by 50% through direct supervision of creative, technical product development specialists.
- Managed and enhanced production processes to maintain profitability through improved manufacturing techniques.
Learning and Development Manager Resume Sample 9
- Coached, trained and supported business development managers, sales team members, and service representatives in systems change initiatives.
- Created a set of written standards for better customer service through effective analysis and measurement of client satisfaction.
- Developed strategic plans for client training that were successful in winning new customer accounts.
- Received award for creating and implementing a system that resulted in the highest client retention performance record at the company.
- Established positive relationships with shareholders to secure funding for growth initiatives as required by senior management.
Learning and Development Manager Resume Sample 10
- Established an efficient, effective Learning and Performance Development Unit that developed and trained employees in all company departments.
- Initiated and implemented the company Video for Management program, a training and development resource for both managers and employees.
- Developed an award-winning Total Quality program; recognized as the leading department in a multi-national corporation by management.
- Efficiently directed the L&D team during mergers of two corporations with diverse cultures; established the first corporate-wide training and development department.
- Promoted cooperation among departments by fostering understanding of individual roles, responsibilities, and interdepartmental relationships within a matrix organization structure to attain corporate goals.
Learning and Development Manager Resume Sample 11
- Supervised an annual budget of $40,000 for the development and implementation of an innovative HR strategy for a multinational corporation in the technology industry.
- Organized conference presentations with over 280 attendees from more than thirty countries in six days of sessions that addressed multidimensional issues in HR.
- Designed and executed a new employee relations program for the organization using an educational approach to inform, empower, and support employees to meet their personal and career goals.
- Created a database with standard format data regarding employee benefits, employee recognition programs, educational assistance programs for employees participating in study abroad programs abroad.
- Developed public relations campaigns for the organization by publishing informative HR articles in major business magazines for the benefit of prospective employees.
Learning and Development Manager Resume Sample 12
- Oversaw employee training and development programs, ensuring compliance with Department of Labor regulations.
- Created a financial development program that saved the company over $75,000 in two months.
- Collaborated with members of the executive team to co-develop new product strategies for marketing to government contracting agencies.
- Wrote and taught presentations for customers that increased annual sales revenues by $150,000.
- Hosted seminars on leadership and motivation; assisted department staff in completing entrepreneurial training coursework.
To work as a Learning and Development Manager you’ll need a Bachelor’s Degree and experience in training and leadership. Learning and Development Managers must demonstrate leadership, organization, clear communication, adaptability, problem-solving, ability to work in a fast paced environment and critical thinking skills to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.