A Surveillance Operator ensures the security of a building and its premises. Their duties include using surveillance equipment to monitor the premises, updating and maintaining security records of suspicious activity, ensuring cameras and video storage systems are functioning properly, maintain the safety and confidentiality of the company, and alerting authorities of theft and other criminal activities.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Surveillance Operator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Surveillance Operator resumes for your reference.
Surveillance Operator Resume Sample 1
- Accomplished duties as a member of a surveillance team during a non-violent, crowd control scenario.
- Accomplished duties as a member of a surveillance team ensuring students entering and leaving school grounds were screened for weapons.
- Accomplished duties as a member of a security team at perimeter checkpoints during the operation of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Accomplished duties as a member of an armed security team during operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Accomplished duties as a member of an armed escort team during the operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Surveillance Operator Resume Sample 2
- Performed cueing and security check-in for law enforcement and military personnel and staff prior to departing, transferring, and re-entering secured locations. Secured sensitive assets in excess of 2 million dollars.
- Specialized in surveillance operations; conducted continuous surveillance at a federally mandated location; conducted various coverage responsibilities; provided post-shift security evaluations; maintained site equipment inventory.
- Provided daily security assessments and supervisor’s reports for a government installation; managed site protection and security system.
- Managed a multi-site surveillance operation consisting of 35 sites.
- Gained industry recognition for excellent work performance, dedication, and team spirit.
Surveillance Operator Resume Sample 3
- Completed law enforcement courses; awarded a letter of commendation for the capture of a violent criminal.
- Demonstrated leadership during hostage negotiations; crisis averted when criminal released hostages unharmed.
- Won civil leadership award; solved numerous conflicts without bloodshed.
- Achieved Civil Service Merit Award; resolved tenant-landlord squabbles without legal action.
- Awarded letter of commendation based on surveillance work; tracked movements of a suspect to a known criminal’s residence.
Surveillance Operator Resume Sample 4
- Monitored video surveillance of assigned sites while adhering to proper codes, regulations, and accepted practices.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust equipment to provide optimum recording of subjects who performed suspicious acts including narcotics transactions, burglaries, assaults, and robberies.
- Performed tasks in support of the investigations of various criminal activities including burglary, robbery, drug violations, vehicle theft, murders/manslaughters among others.
- Developed surveillance program that increased capacity of assigned sites for continued monitoring.
- Recognized by Special Assistant for outstanding performance; effectively manipulated CT-100 computer programming software to improve the analysis of videotapes.
Surveillance Operator Resume Sample 5
- Maintained quality surveillance records by thoroughly documenting and reporting all equipment, actions, and findings.
- Performed surveillance duties to monitor activities of individuals.
- Assisted in the arrest and conviction of fugitives and criminals.
- Conducted safety inspections and ensured safety guidelines were followed.
- Trained security personnel to prepare, maintain, and use firearms; certified weapons master with SWAT team precision; awarded outstanding quality award; upgraded departmental computer system; certified as a State Law Enforcement Trooper (SLED).
Surveillance Operator Resume Sample 6
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively monitored normal patrols.
- My supervisors recognized me for consecutive years of employment with the department. Earned the same award year after year.
- Received exceptional supervisory rating, realized APA awards and achieved Superior Performance Rating for exemplary work ethic. Recognized by peers as the most improved employee in the division.
Surveillance Operator Resume Sample 7
- Operated remote surveillance equipment for multiple agencies including 911, local police, fire department, and emergencies.
- Deployed cameras to assist in the capture of suspects or missing individuals.
- Actively participated in neighborhood watch program; established positive rapport with community members by identifying suspicious activities around the neighborhood.
- Directly managed an alarm response team for the large retail corporations; managed vehicle usage and established schedules to ensure timely response times within company guidelines.
- Directly managed a team of two individuals; identified issues throughout their work performance that led to appropriate corrective action.
Surveillance Operator Resume Sample 8
- Performed surveillance and observation of suspicious activity in conjunction with police or military teams. Advised officers on the specific nature of the area and provided them with necessary information relating to background checks.
- Conducted surveillance operations, including foot patrols, in a high crime neighborhood under a tight time schedule. Incorporated effective use of cover and concealment by moving through facades to avoid being seen by the subject or suspects in an attempt to gather intelligence.
- Effectively monitored a group of four convicted felons, applying geographical intelligence during foot patrols in order to accurately assess their current locations and movements.
- Effectively interrogated individuals running surveillance operations in order to gather information relating to criminal activity.
- Employed effective use of perimeter control, vehicle checkpoints, and pursuit driving techniques to ensure the safety of police officers.
Surveillance Operator Resume Sample 9
- Recognized for outstanding performance when I conducted surveillance of a suspect who was later arrested for arson.
- Named Operator of the Month; completed surveillance and led to the arrest of 3 (three) suspects involved in an assault and battery case.
- Earned award for apprehending a bank robber; tracked and located the suspect within an hour of the robbery.
- Received award for apprehending a murder suspect; coordinated with other agencies and successfully located and arrested the suspect after he had eluded authorities for 2 (two) years.
- Received award recognitions from local media; interviewed concerning several major news stories on crime in my community over the past year.
Surveillance Operator Resume Sample 10
- Monitored and recorded activity of unauthorized individuals, vehicles, and suspicious activities; satisfied the needs of law enforcement officers by assisting in the movement of suspects.
- Recognized by supervisors for exceptional performance; wrote detailed narrative reports documenting activities related to assigned areas.
- Earned award for exceptional performance as a patrolman who was a member of a patrol unit that was awarded a Superior Unit Citation.
- Achieved award for superior performance while patrolling in an assigned area; received awards from established organizations established to recognize outstanding police units for their outstanding accomplishments in law enforcement.
- Received recognition from the State Competitiveness Council as an organization promoting excellence through integrity, teamwork, professionalism, and innovation.
Surveillance Operator Resume Sample 11
- Monitored and reported emergency and non-emergency calls over the Communications Division’s telephone and communications systems; documented and reported incidents.
- Made recommendations to management for improvements in systems, procedures, and employee performance.
- Operated a 9-1-1 Dispatch system; correctly dispatched emergency, non-emergency, and routine calls pertaining to police, fire, rescue, security problems/incidents during assigned shift; determined type of response within guidelines.
- Monitored an unsupervised console while a co-worker was on break; subsequently handled emergency medical calls without incident.
- Received an outstanding quality award in recognition of participation in the Quality Council; actively suggested and implemented changes to improve effectiveness and efficiency of calls.
Surveillance Operator Resume Sample 12
- Called into Duty; responded to calls of service; effectively handled calls; promptly solved various cases; properly designated roles and responded appropriately to varied situations.
- Participated in Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape (S.E.R.E), Officer’s Training Course (O.T.C.), and Basic Law Enforcement Officer’s Course (B.L.E.O.).
- Prepared the suspects for interrogation, participated in the interviewing of suspects utilizing SERE tactics and skills to extract the truth from lies.
- Acted as a decoy in high crime areas, protecting the public from rape, robbery, and assault.
- Performed the duties of a Criminal Investigator; identified suspects by physical descriptions matching surveillance videos.
Surveillance Operator Resume Sample 13
- Consistently maintained surveillance post for 24-hour coverage, seven days a week.
- Actively appraised surroundings for suspicious activities.
- Evaluated, documented, and reported suspicious activities to supervisor.
- Met established qualifications for annual firearms qualification.
- Completed 40 hour training class in security operations, surveillance post operations, and retreat security instructions.
Surveillance Operator Resume Sample 14
- Secured case documentation and captured video evidence of suspected criminal activity.
- Conducted photo surveillance in the field, in high-risk areas, in order to solve crimes and prevent further offenses.
- Provided protection for dignitaries including the Vice President, the President of the United States, visiting celebrities, world-class athletes, diplomats, business leaders, heads of state, and members of royalty.
- Supported law enforcement efforts by providing immediate reaction to emergency situations; effectively secured the perimeter during evolving terrorist events.
- Served honorably during military conflicts including World War II, Vietnam War I & II, Korean Conflict, and Gulf War I & II.
To work as a Surveillance Operator, you must have a high school diploma or equivalent as well as experience with operating surveillance equipment. Surveillance Operators should demonstrate reliability, ability to sit for long periods of time, great focus and attention to detail, and excellent observation skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.