A literacy coach works with educators and the school administration to develop lesson plans. Duties include identifying issues with curriculum and students, goal setting, problem-solving, collaborating with faculty to develop lesson plans, conduct assessments, perform analysis on student work, counseling students, and performing class audits.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Literacy Coach Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Literacy Coach resumes for your reference.
Literacy Coach Resume Sample 1
- Accomplished a range of responsibilities from helping students with their reading skills to leading teacher team meetings.
- Adeptly led small groups in hands-on lessons that included comprehension, fiction and nonfiction, phonics, writing, and vocabulary development for 6 elementary schools.
- Identified specific areas where students needed extra help; created lesson plans to develop the skill sets required for mastery of targeted material.
- Provided differentiated instruction through scaffolded assignments to meet each student at his or her current instructional level; helped students reach beyond their perceived capabilities through innovative teaching techniques.
- Created after school literacy clubs; motivated struggling readers to reach their personal bests.
Literacy Coach Resume Sample 2
- Facilitate literacy skills in children from multi-cultural backgrounds .
- Work with adults to advance their knowledge of basic reading and writing.
- Develop effective lesson plans for early learners, reinforcing phonological awareness and phonics.
- Mentor tutors and provide training in a program tailored exclusively to the needs of students with severe learning disabilities.
- Engage students in hands-on activities that encourage them to express themselves creatively while building language skills during weekly art class.
Literacy Coach Resume Sample 3
- Put together ESL curriculum for monthly three-hour sessions of intensive English instruction; strengthened students’ proficiency, writing skills, and comprehension.
- Instructed twice weekly ESL classes for high school students who had recently moved to the US from foreign countries.
- Introduced children to science by creating engaging activities that also emphasized academic language requirements.
- Aided second-graders with learning disabilities during daily structured reading lessons; observed improvement in student motivation and participation.
- Collaborated with classroom teachers throughout all reading levels to develop appropriate assessments, guides, and materials for children based on state standards.
Literacy Coach Resume Sample 4
- Supervised children in classroom to ensure compliance with curriculum and state standards.
- Provided individual tutoring for kindergarten-level students in reading, writing/composition, English language development, mathematics/numeracy, computer literacy programs.
- Taught parents how to improve their child’s literacy skills through giving out free books and promoting a love of reading in their homes.
- Assisted the Children’s Librarian by developing early literacy kits in Spanish and English to assist families who do not speak English as a first language or have low literacy skills.
- Developed culturally inclusive professional development support program that improved teacher knowledge of early childhood education instructional.
Literacy Coach Resume Sample 5
- Helped children learn to read by assessing their abilities, creating learning plans, and setting goals.
- Provided direct instruction in reading strategies to students.
- Developed a new after-school reading program for an inner city school; developed parent relationships through literacy events including a book club and story times.
- Worked with parents to improve prenatal literacy and increase the number of books they read with their children from three per week to one per day.
- Assisted preschool teachers in training of early language skills, establishing daily routines which promote positive social behaviors, using scripted lessons that are designed to supplement existing curricula .
Literacy Coach Resume Sample 6
- Worked with ten literacy elementary students to enhance concepts of science, social studies, and math while improving reading and writing skills.
- Participated in professional development workshops, sharing ideas and learning new strategies to improve curriculum and instruction.
- Engaged over 100 parents at parent nights by developing lesson plans based on their children’s interests.
- Received an award for Outstanding Literacy Coach; contributed to the overall success of the school through student achievement in reading.
- Improved test scores for state assessment tests by 30%; recognized by district administrators as a model coach who sets high expectations and delivers results.
Literacy Coach Resume Sample 7
- Provided one-on-one and small group tutoring to help students develop reading, writing, and math skills.
- Trained staff on the use of research based literacy strategies through collaborative meetings and implemented them across all elementary grade levels.
- Developed a digital summer enrichment program for K-5th graders that provided weekly lessons aimed at developing critical thinking and problem solving skills while also reinforcing reading and comprehension strategies. The initiative was an overwhelming success, serving over 500 students in six schools; it received National recognition by the Office of Innovation.
- Spearheaded after school tutoring program which served more than 100 children with individualized instruction aimed at improving literacy rates by 5% each year.
- Promoted to Curriculum Coordinator; increased literacy rates by 10% each year. Collaborated with library staff on creation of literacy learning resource center, highlighting books and software.
Literacy Coach Resume Sample 8
- Facilitate functional literacy growth for adults through one-on-one tutoring, small group workshops, and family literacy programs.
- Developed a new series of workshops for children based on the theme “Reading = Dreams”. Evaluated effectiveness by recording increased student enrolment in reading classes after introducing program to parents.
- Mentor high school students throughout high school career to support them as they develop life skills that foster self-awareness, self-advocacy, critical thinking skills, academic excellence, global awareness.
- Organize team building activities and games that promote positive relationships between participants and volunteer mentors; recognized by management with special awards of appreciation exceptional service and leadership.
- Serve as the contact person for families to coordinate delivery of literacy support services.
Literacy Coach Resume Sample 9
- Fostered early literacy skills in students at the elementary school level by teaching sight word recognition, vocabulary, and phonics.
- Promoted independence and responsibility with a group of new readers by creating a class reading club.
- Tracked student progress through weekly assessment practices and used data to communicate with parents about how their child was doing in terms of literacy growth.
- Negotiated classroom management strategies with teachers within an inclusive setting for children who struggled with learning differences/disabilities.
- Developed student’s social skills by incorporating cooperative learning activities into lessons that were culturally relevant to each pupil.
Literacy Coach Resume Sample 10
- Spearheaded program to raise awareness about the importance of literacy; organized first-ever “Read-A-Thon” event.
- Developed and implemented individualized plan to engage struggling readers; motivated children to become proficient in core reading skills.
- Trained teachers how to teach students with dyslexia through teaching life skills affecting organization, memory, attention, processing speed, sequencing, visual perception, auditory processing and time management.
- Raised $500 for Grand Slam for Literacy by auctioning off original art work painted by students who had defeated illiteracy challenges.
- Redesigned library space through outreached community connections resulting in doubling of daily student usage.
A master’s degree in an education-related field is typically required, additional certifications may be required, and previous experience is often desired. Skills to succeed as a literacy coach include strong public speaking skills, knowledge of reading processes, excellent oral communication, excellent written communication, familiarity with office and educational software, experience with coaching educators, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to pass background checks.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Literacy Coach Resume Samples
- Literacy Coach Resume Sample 1
- Literacy Coach Resume Sample 2
- Literacy Coach Resume Sample 3
- Literacy Coach Resume Sample 4
- Literacy Coach Resume Sample 5
- Literacy Coach Resume Sample 6
- Literacy Coach Resume Sample 7
- Literacy Coach Resume Sample 8
- Literacy Coach Resume Sample 9
- Literacy Coach Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up