A safety consultant in the law enforcement, security or military field is someone who consults with these departments to keep officers safe. Duties of a safety consultant can include developing safety plans, implementing plans, gathering data, writing reports, addressing safety issues and concerns, and working with different departments to find weak spots within their safety plans.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Safety Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Safety Consultant resumes for your reference.
Safety Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Became the first specialist in the State of California to provide firearms and tactical training to police, military and security forces for national and international use.
- Refined and expanded practical defensive tactics to train military and law enforcement personnel to accurately identify, control areas, attack enemies, and survive deadly situations.
- Educated staff by providing course materials on how civilians can effectively combat terrorist threats through firearms training.
- Developed curriculum for local police academy; trained officers in personal protection, administration of force techniques, weapons retention & non-lethal force training.
- Trained instructors at the U.S.
Safety Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Convinced Vice President of Technology Division of $20 billion corporation to switch from Windows to Mac and Linux, and consolidate web and email services resulting in over $1-million savings per year.
- Conducted on-site physical inspections for new property acquisitions, and property inspections for new properties within existing facility; thereby ensuring the property was safe for employee use.
- Researched and documented practices for consumer safety of airline passenger safety devices; thus enabling passengers to continue using these devices during times of emergency without interruption of air travel or safety regulations.
- Reviewed and documented correct use of lanyards for life jackets; thus reducing the number of accidental deaths related to improper usage during times of emergency.
- Ensured that all government employee records were stored in a secure location; thereby preventing loss of records due to fire, water damage, equipment failure, etc.
Safety Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Provided education to workers on life threatening safety hazards; required no medical training.
- Obtained status as an expert witness in court proceedings; educated jury on how to identify safety violations.
- Conducted safety audits of facilities; conducted pre-employment walkthroughs.
- Managed employees; identified and eliminated workplace hazards; increased workplace productivity by 30%.
- Reduced safety incident reports by 78% over a 15-month period with a combination of training and auditing techniques.
Safety Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Consulted with over 200 public safety agencies across the U.S. to develop safety programs, policies, and standards.
- Designed and implemented safety training programs for Law Enforcement Officers who provided security for diplomats, dignitaries, and members of the Honorable Order of Pacific Palms in Washington D.C..
- Developed security plans for government sponsored U.S. military operations overseas during war time conditions in which senior leaders were absent from foreign bases due to active hostilities with occupying forces.
- Consulted with federal agency administrators on anti-terrorism initiatives, weapons identification techniques, procedures on site protection of diplomatic personnel during travel to hostile regions.
- Educated and trained over 100 mid- and low-level military personnel on topics of tactical law enforcement requirements, weapons identification & procurement, and Operation Iraqi Freedom principles of security.
Safety Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Devised safety programs for police officers to reduce liability risks.
- Federal compliance program designed, implemented, and maintained for VHA, FMGNC, FDA, GSA, and DOD.
- Restructured the organization’s cost savings systems to increase profits despite decreased resources.
- Handled public relations during crisis situations using media relations strategies to facilitate smooth communication between government agencies and media outlets.
- Reduced security breaches by 40% after initiating a hidden video surveillance system that analyzed all activity in building halls and lobbies.
Safety Consultant Resume Sample 6
- With the aid of the military, conducted over 100 safety seminars for over 1,500 attendees at various professional and community functions.
- Managed training requirements, personnel requirements, and personnel development of fifty junior members for a for-profit martial arts school.
- Provided first responder security training services to individuals and businesses v/c on-site consultations on security systems.
- Conducted over 400 weapons safety courses to officers of the U.S. Armed Forces at both military bases overseas & domestic sites & assisted in annual weapons qualifications for thousands of troops v/c written examinations / practical tests.
- Established and maintained training waiver procedures at the local metro police department for over 1,000 sworn officers.
Safety Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Collected and analyzed data for over 200 work-related injuries or accidents in a ten-month period; identified trends and made recommendations to the employer to reduce the potential for injury.
- Reduced workplace injury by 50% in six months; drafted recommendations for equipment improvements and safety procedures.
- Reviewed and revised department policies and procedures; drafted specific standards for compliance with federal regulations in one area of responsibility.
- Wrote, followed, and verified all safety requirements in a twelve-month period.
- Suggested training program that increased employee skills by 25%.
Safety Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Aided in the decrease of industrial accidents by improving workplace conditions after an audit of the facilities.
- Assisted in the safe return of a child who had wandered into private property; recognized by local newspapers for successful conclusion to this missing person case.
- Conducted environmental inspections for asbestos abatement after discovering probable carcinogenic contamination of town water supply.
- Designed emergency preparedness plans for floods, fires, and electrical outages while taking into account local transportation routes.
- Increased law enforcement success rates through cooperative investigations with other agencies while minimizing police-civilian conflict.
Safety Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Served as a Field Training Officer while maintaining an exemplary record of controlling and enforcing all Bureau policies while demonstrating skills in the areas of patrol, tactics, and civil process.
- Authored a comprehensive policy on employee drug testing for a large manufacturing company with a diverse employee base; designed to avoid legal challenges and maximize employee cooperation; company tested over 90% of employees in less than one year.
- Compelled by leadership to educate subordinate officers, supervisors, Police Chief, City Attorney, and City Manager about the intricacies of law enforcement liability; effectively reducing future lawsuits against the City.
- Achieved award for outstanding job performance by Police Chief, City Manager, Legal Counsel to the City, and all other employee groups; respected employee was promoted to higher rank due to exceptional performance.
- Attended two professional courses conducted by Chief of Law Enforcement Training at Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
Safety Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Instilled a strong sense of security within office personnel, personnel at military bases, and plants with protection details.
- Created deterrents for employee theft by conducting training on codes of conduct.
- Received commendation for safety improvements made in one year.
- Set up safety committees to disseminate information, establish goals, and establish objectives.
- Achieved goal for zero incidents due to employee theft in one year.
Safety Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Presented new safety policies to employees; resulting in $100,000 decrease in insurance premiums.
- Thoroughly investigated truck related accidents; guided driver training to reduce liability costs by $250,000.
- Created new security checkpoints; cut down on contraband entering the secured facility by 70%.
- Helped mediate arguments explaining why conflicts were not worth escalating into violence; which helped reduce violent crime rate within the region.
- Discovered clues of ongoing embezzlement scheme; which saved corporation $400,000 in profit losses.
Educational requirements to become a safety consultant include an Associates degree in a relevant field, as well as any other training or certifications required by the state or employer. Skills necessary include safety-oriented mindset, excellent written and verbal communication, ability to draft and implement safety plans, problem-solving skills, reliability, competency, integrity, and teambuilding skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Safety Consultant Resume Samples
- Safety Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Safety Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Safety Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Safety Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Safety Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Safety Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Safety Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Safety Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Safety Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Safety Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Safety Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up