Night Managers are in charge of overseeing hotel operations during the overnight shift. Their duties include making sure accommodations are being met, acting as manager on duty when front office manager absent, completing the nightly audit, overseeing summary reports, staying up to date on procedures and policies, and reporting any suspicious persons or issues to security or front office manager.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Night Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Night Manager resumes for your reference.
Night Manager Resume Sample 1
- Recognized for outstanding customer service; responsible for training, accountability, and performance while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction.
- Monitored guest feedback to refine service procedures; achieved a 95% rating on the guest satisfaction survey, an exceptional customer satisfaction rating.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain working relationships with other departments, outside agencies, and customers; achieved outstanding performance in this area.
- Handled customer complaints in a professional way; gained respect from peers as an outstanding manager.
- Developed effective management skills to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and maintain adequate records of activities.
Night Manager Resume Sample 2
- Restored capacity and order to the restaurant after a state health agency inspection; ensured all kitchen contents were properly stored.
- Initiated an automatic time-entry program, which reduced payroll and increased staff efficiency.
- Courteously welcomed over 200 guests during weekend shifts; five times, provided directions to lost patrons in the parking lot.
- Responded positively to customer complaints about incorrect orders and prices; negotiated conflict resolution with a customer who was unhappy about being charged for additional items he did not receive.
- Reorganized employee schedules for maximum utilization of staff during periods of peak activity using time-management software.
Night Manager Resume Sample 3
- Consistently re-gained quick occupancy of over 90% with a five-day turnaround for all motel units.
- Grew occupancy to over 90% per month for 44 months in a row by exceeding market standards by 6%.
- Effectively eliminated theft and prevented damages by training and motivating employees.
- Provided exceptional customer service through exemplary communication skills, personal attention to all guests, and ensuring the highest quality of workmanship.
- Maximized net profit through asset management by streamlining expenses and increasing revenue.
Night Manager Resume Sample 4
- Managed the nightly management of the hotel’s on-site casino and hotel, including guest relations, food, beverage, and guest services.
- Handled all aspects of the on-site restaurant, including wait staff and kitchen operations.
- Set up guests’ rooms with a view to their comfort and easy access to recreation areas.
- Maintained the public areas near the casino floor and in the hotel’s dining room.
- Assisted in developing creative new ways to better serve customers by creating new menu items that captured customer attention.
Night Manager Resume Sample 5
- Managed and supervised the operations of a 139-room hotel while coordinating the activities of over 220 employees.
- Implemented standard operating procedures for all aspects of hotel management including receiving, key embossing, and room accounting.
- Presented an evening banquet for over 1400 guests; personally experienced over 200 hours of line-manning.
- Recognized for outstanding service to guests by the Regional Manager.
- Extensive management experience within a millionaire’s club; recognized as Night Manager of the year.
Night Manager Resume Sample 6
- Handled over 200 customer complaints by effectively and professionally assessing, seeking resolutions, and reporting to management.
- Assisted in the training of new employees on company products and policies.
- Coordinated staff schedules and payroll with planning, scheduling, and management skills.
- Achieved award as a top-performer; provided recommendations for improving branch operations that were realized by the branch manager.
- Attained award as a top salesperson; increased sales by 2% from previous year through personal influence, relationships, product knowledge, and ability to sell.
Night Manager Resume Sample 7
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the hotel’s business operations and guest satisfaction during non-daylight hours.
- Developed company standards for all departments, developed department heads, and trained staff to adhere to those standards.
- Monitored on-site security system 24/7, contacted police and emergency services in real-time for assistance; total responsibility for property occupancy.
- Recommended business opportunities from host customer inquiries; most successful clerk in the hotel’s history based on sales volume.
- Promoted from sales associate after winning spirit and cash prizes at company competitions.
Night Manager Resume Sample 8
- Generated a 19% increase in sales and 15% growth in operating income.
- Created housing, staff, and staffing to ensure the optimal quantity of seats at the maximum available price point with an average occupancy of 70%.
- Ran a $1 billion budget at 3/4 of a time staff, while increasing revenues by 15%.
- Increased food sales by 40%, created new menu items, and an increased menu offering from 4 to 6 entrees.
- Reduced labor costs by 50% by using skilled labor for certain tasks, reducing the need for overtime work hours.
Night Manager Resume Sample 9
- Maintained a “No-Fault” service policy for customers.
- Understood the needs and demands of both employees and customers.
- Learned how to consult, where to compromise, and how to get people to want things done.
- Contributed to the development of a strong work ethic throughout the organization.
- Showed my ability to train others by training myself. Learned effective techniques on being able to hire, fire, evaluate, select, and motivate individuals.
Night Manager Resume Sample 10
- Coordinated five restaurants and bars.
- Anticipated orders, served customers, and assisted managers for a large banquet facility; developed weekly schedules based on staffing needs.
- Trained, directed, and mentored the high school honor roll students to enhance managerial skills through leadership training.
- Assisted a public relations staff with public speaking by providing input on image coordination, name recognition, and product development ideas.
- Anticipated employee needs and coordinated specialty items requested by employees; facilitated purchase order delivery within two days of merchandise availability to avoid shipment deadlines.
Night Manager Resume Sample 11
- Exhibited keeping the hotel in full compliance with governmental and hotel policy guidelines while maintaining a cleanliness standard of 95%.
- Trained all housekeeping, security, and catering personnel to effectively perform their jobs to all guests.
- Promoted teamwork and cooperation within the entire hotel workforce to achieve a maximum level of customer satisfaction.
- Recognized by guests as the “best night manager” ever worked at this hospital; was nominated by customers for the employee-of-the-year award.
- Understudied and performed managerial functions for three weeks during the employment transition period pending full replacement of manager.
Night Manager Resume Sample 12
- Managed a profit-driven hotel at peak performance in less than 1 month; recognized by the Regional Director as a highly qualified candidate with exceptional potential.
- Established a customer satisfaction review system that met or exceeded customer expectations of consistency and quality.
- Formulated procedures and implemented a time-oriented cost control system to manage over 40 daily shifts, creating the first “hub” on the itinerary.
- Oversaw construction of the first “hub” on an international cruise ship, where additional profit was generated by meeting an increasingly demanding clientele’s demands.
- Increased employee satisfaction by coordinating training programs to suit the needs of the entire staff; recognized as an exemplary leader.
Night Manager Resume Sample 13
- Recognized for service excellence with a “Customer Service Award” for sales volume increase of 70%.
- Aided in the development and implementation of programs that positively impacted clients’ perception of the restaurant’s brand.
- Developed and implemented an employee training program that increased product knowledge and customer satisfaction.
- Assisted in implementing a 5% cost savings program; realized $32,000 savings per month.
- Spent 15 years serving as a successful Restaurant Manager before being promoted to Night Manager, where I increased department sales by 7%.
Night Manager must have a bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Hotel Management. Night Managers must demonstrate communication skills, customer service skills, computer skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, problem-solving skills, and organizational skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.