These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Game Artist resumes for your reference.
- Pre-visualize art style of games, playing a large role in final look development.
- Help manage a team of artists, delegate tasks, provide direction, feedback, and mentoring, ensuring the creation of high quality assets that are delivered on time.
- Create concept and design of game art, characters, environments and props.
- Work cohesively across multi-functional team to create a strong culture and a great product.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Lead Artists to explore and create various visual systems for our game titles.
- Conceptualize and illustrate game assets, characters, environments, props, icons, etc. based on the project and play a key supportive role in defining the art direction of the projects.
- Provide graphics for websites, logos, and promotions for marketing purposes.
- Created concepts for characters, props, and promotional material for new and existing IP.
- Lead projects with teams of outsource artists, taking concepts forward to game-ready assets.
- Developed style and training guides while establishing a resource database to streamline training.
- Reviewed assets for bug checking and assure quick movement through the pipeline.
- Illustration, concept art, training, game design, communication with developers, animators, and audio engineers.
- Participated in design and illustration for 11 titles in 8 months, including 7 which I completed all graphics for the theme myself.
- Themes included symbols, backgrounds, titles, font treatments, special screens, characters, and advertising materials.
- Worked with the art director and lead designer to create assets for a iOS game.
- Created high quality 2D assets in flash that were consistent with the style of the game while being optimized for mobile.
- Assisted in quickly creating assets for a 3 month vertical slice.
- Conceptualized the look of different levels and stages for PC games.
- Created and managed art assets in both 2D (Hi-res and pixel art) and 3D (texturing backgrounds and props).
- Worked closely with Content Manager and Producers to develop and produce game assets such as painted backgrounds, items for avatars, props, game buttons, and UI art assets.
- Proposed new game ideas, including game names, game play, bonus screens, symbols and animations.
- Developed high resolution digital art for UI layouts, animations and glass art.
- Cultivated a positive learning environment through effective collaboration with Junior Artists and Staff.
- Oversee and supervise daily game art production for desktop and mobile applications.
- Generate original concept art and principal 2D/3D game visual aesthetic for art team creation.
- Coordinate overall game production with Designer and Programming Director.
- Art team technical trainer and Art internship coordinator/ mentor.
- Responsible for numerous tasks on each project including lighting, texturing, animation, and compositing.
- Created video game trailers for platforms such as Android, Apple and Amazon.
- Worked within weekly schedules with team members and also individually.
- Responsible for researching, modeling, texturing, and lighting IHRA Drag race track.
- Worked heavily on environment modeling and LOD optimization to create realistic.
- Designed and developed several fantasy tracks for Sportsman Edition.
- Produce concept art of stylized characters, props, and sets for upcoming media/social game applications.
- Successfully illustrates appealing visual designs in color, form, line, weight, and composition by communicating with the design, engineering, and marketing team.
- Utilizes Illustrator and Photoshop to effectively create a consistent and high quality appearance to be implemented into software.
- Designed graphics for icons, landing pages, user interfaces, environment, screenshots and animations for IOS and Android games.
- Documented process, including updates during development and revision to existing platforms.
- Developed user-centered design process utilizing expertise in information/interaction design, visual design, usability, and current web technologies.
- Reviewed existing applications and games and identify improvement opportunities for user experience.