Game Artists are responsible for creating and implementing the visual aspects of a video game. This includes designing characters, weapons, landscapes, and other features. They also work with programmers to ensure that each element is possible within the virtual world’s technical parameters. Game artists often work together collaboratively on specific projects. A bachelor’s degree in fine arts or computer science is required, but prior experience in computer programing can be beneficial.
The Best Game Artist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Game Artist resumes for your reference.
- The pre-visualized art style of games plays a large role in final look development.
- Help manage a team of artists, delegate tasks, provide direction, feedback, and mentoring, ensuring the creation of high-quality assets that are delivered on time.
- Create concept and design of game art, characters, environments, and props.
- Work cohesively across the multi-functional teams to create a strong culture and a great product.
- Created art and designs that inspired and exceeded clients’ expectations.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Lead Artists to explore and create various visual systems for our game titles.
- Conceptualize and illustrate game assets, characters, environments, props, icons, etc. based on the project and play a key supportive role in defining the art direction of the projects.
- Provide graphics for websites, logos, and promotions for marketing purposes.
- Oversaw the completion of a film project, including storyboarding and character design, as well as being responsible for the production of key animatronics.
- Created unique toys unique to the market based on his artistic style.
- Created concepts for characters, props, and promotional material for new and existing IP.
- Lead projects with teams of outsource artists, taking concepts forward to game-ready assets.
- Developed style and training guides while establishing a resource database to streamline training.
- Reviewed assets for bug checking and assure quick movement through the pipeline.
- Designed and produced character animation for 3D models with state-of-the-art lighting and shading techniques for television commercials.
- Illustration, concept art, training, game design, communication with developers, animators, and audio engineers.
- Participated in design and illustration for 11 titles in 8 months, including 7 which I completed all graphics for the theme myself.
- Themes included symbols, backgrounds, titles, font treatments, special screens, characters, and advertising materials.
- Designed, reworked, orchestrated, animated, supervised, and lead a large team of artists in creating a full live-action feature film including locations, casting actors, special effects editorials.
- Completed several projects including Packaging Design, Art Book/Document, and Concept Art for a major game development company.
- Worked with the art director and lead designer to create assets for an iOS game.
- Created high-quality 2D assets in a flash that were consistent with the style of the game while being optimized for mobile.
- Assisted in quickly creating assets for a 3-month vertical slice.
- Created characters and storyboards for presentation to directors of major films.
- Designed artwork for various websites including Sonic Underground on Cartoon Network’s “TNT”.
- Conceptualized the look of different levels and stages for PC games.
- Created and managed art assets in both 2D (Hi-res and pixel art) and 3D (texturing backgrounds and props).
- Worked closely with Content Manager and Producers to develop and produce game assets such as painted backgrounds, items for avatars, props, game buttons, and UI art assets.
- Created an art book for visual artist’s portfolio as well as designing merchandise including tee shirts.
- Created “Dream Diary” front cover, done in watercolor by Kawamori-sensei, a biography of the character designed by him in his twenties.
- Proposed new game ideas, including game names, game play, bonus screens, symbols, and animations.
- Developed high-resolution digital art for UI layouts, animations and glass art.
- Cultivated a positive learning environment through effective collaboration with Junior Artists and Staff.
- Over 40 different projects as a game artist and character designer.
- Designed, scripted, and oversaw the production of multi-episode series of animated cartoons, including ‘The Animaniacs’, ‘Hulk & Red’, ‘The X-Men’, and others.
- Oversee and supervise daily game art production for desktop and mobile applications.
- Generate original concept art and principal 2D/3D game visual aesthetic for art team creation.
- Coordinate overall game production with Designer and Programming Director.
- Art team technical trainer and Art internship coordinator/ mentor.
- Created the tilesets for ‘Duck Tales and several other independent games.
- Responsible for numerous tasks on each project including lighting, texturing, animation, and compositing.
- Created video game trailers for platforms such as Android, Apple, and Amazon.
- Worked within weekly schedules with team members and also individually.
- Designed and created unique tile-based icons for the international Lottoland betting website, through which thousands of customers have invested over $5 million in cash prizes playing Lotto/Lotteries.
- Designed weapons and pirate ships in Microsoft Imagine’s ‘Pirates!’ game.
- Responsible for researching, modeling, texturing, and lighting IHRA Drag race track.
- Worked heavily on environment modeling and LOD optimization to create realistic.
- Designed and developed several fantasy tracks for Sportsman Edition.
- Created a collection of 9 original paintings selling to local art galleries and online customers.
- Designed and created over 40 unique logos for companies, organizations, and individuals.
- Produce concept art of stylized characters, props, and sets for upcoming media/social game applications.
- Successfully illustrates appealing visual designs in color, form, line, weight, and composition by communicating with the design, engineering, and marketing team.
- Utilizes Illustrator and Photoshop to effectively create a consistent and high-quality appearance to be implemented into the software.
- Worked with a team to develop an original 2D side-scroller video game; successfully finished the first playable level in 8 weeks.
- Made positive changes to company identity by increasing logo visibility during the production of a new creative corporate branding campaign.
- Designed graphics for icons, landing pages, user interfaces, environment, screenshots and animations for IOS and Android games.
- Documented process, including updates during development and revision to existing platforms.
- Developed user-centered design process utilizing expertise in information/interaction design, visual design, usability, and current web technologies.
- Reviewed existing applications and games and identify improvement opportunities for user experience.
- Created original game artwork for ArenaNet.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.