These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Funeral Director resumes for your reference.
- Oversee cremation process; this includes securing permits, placing deceased persons in appropriate container, and transport to crematory.
- Responsible for commonly used funeral home café software memorial/register books.
- Responsible for scanning and cropping photos, funeral programs including uploading service information online.
- Offer counseling and comfort to bereaved family members and friends.
- Utilize pre-need arrangement program for funeral services which guarantees specific prices and secures clients’ trust in the business. Schedule funeral services coordinate burials and arrange cremations.
- Consult with the families of the deceased regarding final arrangements in a tactful manner.
- Worked with my Location Manager to implement measures to increase revenue and customer service procedures.
- Worked with Family Service counselors with pre-arrangement to insure when families returned their expectations were met or exceeded.
- Created catering menus with providers to ensure each family had an option they could afford at each price point.
- Experience with working under stressful conditions and being flexible and adaptable to change.
- Met with families to assure that their needs were met in a timely manner and their loved one was taken care of appropriately.
- Collected and input demographic data into various software systems.
- Meet with Family that has lost a loved one, coordinate everything involved for funeral as in talking with person to officiate it, cemetery, contacting digging service etc.
- Sales of pre needs to families that want to pre pay for their funerals like insurance.
- Monument sales, Cemetery plot sales, account receivables/payables, excel, word and fax.
- Perform the duties of funeral directors, including coordinating funeral activities.
- Assist placing caskets in hearses and organize cemetery processions.
- Serve as pallbearers, attend visiting rooms, and provide other assistance to the bereaved.
- Conduct interviews to arrange for the preparation of obituary notice, to assist with the selection of caskets, urns, and to determine the location and time of burials or cremations.
- Awarded the best audit scores in the East Texas Region based on regulatory compliance regulated by the FTC (Federal Trade Commission).
- In the top five percent in sales in the East Texas Region on funeral merchandise and products.
- Selected as the designated sales force trainer for poor performing Funeral Directors.
- Coordinate with the cemeteries and be informed about the opening and closing of graves.
- Arrange for transportation of the family members and clergy members for conducting required services.
- Greet clients at services and guide them with the proceedings of the service.
- Discussed the nature of the funeral service, the disposition of the remains and funeral costs with family members.
- Communicated with insurance companies to secure death benefits for the families of the deceased.
- Discussed pre-arranged funeral options and explained pricing to clients.
- Displayed the highest level of professionalism and sensitivity when dealing with grieving family members.
- Managed scheduling, reports, inventory, and maintained clientele book and records.
- Coordinated and oversaw funeral service requests, burials, and cremations.
- Consulted with government and insurance agencies, newspapers, and fraternal and veteran organizations.
- Consulted with the families of the deceased regarding the final arrangements of the deceased, the nature of the funeral service, the disposition of the remains, funeral costs and prepared obituaries.
- Answered death calls and arranged for the transfer of the deceased from the place of death to the funeral home.
- Assisted families in working with Insurance companies to receive death benefits.
- Prepared legal documents and death certificates, as well as discussed and negotiated pre-arranged funerals with clients.
- Implemented a V.A. Service Program to assist the families of deceased Veterans.
- Helped implement a grief library to facilitate the grieving process for our families.
- Educated Hospice employees on the process of funeral operations.