Funeral Directors must be able to work well independently, possess excellent time management skills and organizational abilities, and show great attention to detail. The top skills for this position are interpersonal skills/relations, decision making, critical thinking skills, problem-solving, analysis, leadership skills, and communication. A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position; however, some employers may prefer those with a bachelor’s degree or higher in funeral services.
The Best Funeral Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Funeral Director resumes for your reference.
- Oversee cremation process; this includes securing permits, placing deceased persons in an appropriate container, and transport to the crematory.
- Responsible for commonly used funeral home cafÃ© software memorial/register books.
- Responsible for scanning and cropping photos, funeral programs including uploading service information online.
- Used a variety of marketing techniques to grow our funeral business.
- Served as President for three years, and Vice President for one year, on the Board of Directors for Boyer Funeral Home.
- Offer counseling and comfort to bereaved family members and friends.
- Utilize pre-need arrangement program for funeral services which guarantees specific prices and secures clients’ trust in the business. Scheduled funeral services coordinate burials and arrange cremations.
- Consult with the families of the deceased regarding final arrangements in a tactful manner.
- Identified and implemented ways to reduce operating costs which resulted in a net loss in 1999 of $39,248.
- Initiated an aggressive marketing plan with family and friends which resulted in new personal accounts.
- Worked with my Location Manager to implement measures to increase revenue and customer service procedures.
- Worked with Family Service counselors with pre-arrangement to insure when families returned their expectations were met or exceeded.
- Created catering menus with providers to ensure each family had an option they could afford at each price point.
- Served on the Grand Jury as a member of the Justice of the Peace Court-which provides service in a varied area of responsibility within Jefferson County, Colorado.
- Provided customer service through the sale of funeral flowers and other products.
- Experience with working under stressful conditions and being flexible and adaptable to change.
- Met with families to assure that their needs were met in a timely manner and their loved one was taken care of appropriately.
- Collected and input demographic data into various software systems.
- Served as an expert on all facets of the funeral profession and was a premier resource for families.
- Met with families and assisted them in many ways to help them during what can be a period of high anxiety, stress, and grief.
- Meet with Family that has lost a loved one, coordinate everything involved for the funeral as talking with the person to officiate it, cemetery, contacting digging service, etc.
- Sales of pre need to families that want to pre-pay for their funerals like insurance.
- Monument sales, Cemetery plot sales, account receivables/payables, excel, word, and fax.
- Developed a successful business that produced a 100% profit margin; achieved $600,000 gross sales volume in year one and twice that amount in year two.
- Received outstanding employee award; displayed strong leadership skills by motivating employees to excel both inside the workplace and outside it.
- Perform the duties of funeral directors, including coordinating funeral activities.
- Assist in placing caskets in hearses and organizing cemetery processions.
- Serve as pallbearers, attend visiting rooms, and provide other assistance to the bereaved.
- Conduct interviews to arrange for the preparation of obituary notice, to assist with the selection of caskets, urns, and to determine the location and time of burials or cremations.
- Organized and coordinated all events from conception, pre-production, set-up, and clean-up without glitches.
- Awarded the best audit scores in the East Texas Region based on regulatory compliance regulated by the FTC (Federal Trade Commission).
- In the top five percent in sales in the East Texas Region on funeral merchandise and products.
- Selected as the designated salesforce trainer for poor-performing Funeral Directors.
- Managed a funeral home for two years including expansion of the facilities on two occasions.
- Gathered statistical data for use in determining funeral arrangements, special requests, and payment.
- Coordinate with the cemeteries and be informed about the opening and closing of graves.
- Arrange for transportation of the family members and clergy members for conducting required services.
- Greet clients at services and guide them with the proceedings of the service.
- Designed unique funeral plans which provided all necessary information in a concise format.
- Conducted interviews with people expressing interest to operate the funeral home or donate to charity. Also handled all funeral costs and personnel matters in a professional manner while maintaining integrity and confidentiality of clients’ needs.
- Discussed the nature of the funeral service, the disposition of the remains, and funeral costs with family members.
- Communicated with insurance companies to secure death benefits for the families of the deceased.
- Discussed pre-arranged funeral options and explained pricing to clients.
- Displayed the highest level of professionalism and sensitivity when dealing with grieving family members.
- Provided exceptional service to customers with genuine sympathy and compassion.
- Managed scheduling, reports, inventory, and maintained clientele book and records.
- Coordinated and oversaw funeral service requests, burials, and cremations.
- Consulted with government and insurance agencies, newspapers, and fraternal and veterans organizations.
- Directed family-oriented visitation procedures including funeral, burial, or cremation services.
- Coordinated activities to fulfill pre-arranged funeral services for families in need of Cremation and Burial Assistance.
- Consulted with the families of the deceased regarding the final arrangements of the deceased, the nature of the funeral service, the disposition of the remains, funeral costs, and prepared obituaries.
- Answered death calls and arranged for the transfer of the deceased from the place of death to the funeral home.
- Assisted families in working with Insurance companies to receive death benefits.
- Prepared legal documents and death certificates, as well as discussed and negotiated pre-arranged funerals with clients.
- Accurately documented all services in accordance with business standards and state requirements.
- Implemented a V.A. Service Program to assist the families of deceased Veterans.
- Helped implement a grief library to facilitate the grieving process for our families.
- Educated Hospice employees on the process of funeral operations.
- Established positive working relationships with clients and employees through the careful use of communication skills.
- Accomplished professional funeral service, including embalming and traditional casketing, in a timely, cost-effective manner.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.