Aircraft Technician repairs different types of aircrafts. Duties include running tests, conducting maintenance, installing parts for malfunctions, stocking inventory, troubleshooting, and diagnosing issues with the aircraft.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Aircraft Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Aircraft Technician resumes for your reference.
Aircraft Technician Resume Sample 1
- Resolved an intermittent fault of engine overheating, poor throttle response, and reduced performance on a King Air 90.
- Upgraded King Air 350 cockpit avionics system with two new Multi-Function Displays and all associated wiring including three display controller modules, one active standby display controller. Installed three multi-function displays, one standby display unit, four CRT controllers, and two USB controllers.
- Successfully installed an Engine Anti-Ice Protection System (EaIPS) on the Bombardier Challenger 601 – 604.
- Unlocked the fuselage door lock on a Bombardier Challenger 601 – 604 to assist in a repair of the retractable landing gear.
- Served as the lead Electrical Technician for the inspection, overhaul and readiness for a First Amendment Mission (FAM) on a Gulfstream 450.
Aircraft Technician Resume Sample 2
- Trained to the full completion, from White to Black Belt, three private students in Ju-Jitsu instruction.
- Conducted independent research project on the history of Ju-Jitsu and its ancient Samurai roots.
- Earned award for excellence in customer service; recognized by peers for providing proficient service.
- Contributed to winning company performance by 6% through demonstrated skills in increasing productivity and quality of work.
- Achieved recognition as a call monitoring Superstar; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to banks’ guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.
Aircraft Technician Resume Sample 3
- Scheduled and optimized maintenance procedures for the aircraft repair facility; ensured the safety of planes and crews.
- Performed Quality Control inspections on all parts; maintained 100% QC standards.
- Trained over one hundred techs in the proper maintenance functions; established effective training programs that increased overall efficiency due to a decrease in training time.
- Assisted during the construction of new engine test stand; aided in ensuring completion under budget, ahead of schedule, with an average of 15% savings per year.
- Increased sales & generated corporate revenue by three (3) times the original goal after initiating direct marketing strategies to individuals & businesses alike.
Aircraft Technician Resume Sample 4
- Successfully completed maintenance requirements at an airframe overhaul facility.
- Responsible for maintaining aircraft engine hour and condition monitoring.
- Dedicated eight hours per day, five days per week to maintain equipment of the heavy equipment unit.
- Informed supervisor of apparatus needs and made recommendations to achieve highest efficiency level.
- Predicted preventive maintenance needs based on given parameters and predicted future needs based on upcoming missions within the unit’s operating schedule.
Aircraft Technician Resume Sample 5
- Worked closely with pilots to maintain, repair, and overhaul several aircraft systems.
- Added an electric oven to an airplane; inventoried and refinished all interior components of a Cessna 310.
- Collapsed the landing gear on a Firestone F406-RR aircraft tire; repaired and re-installed hydraulic lines on a DeHavilland Twin Otter.
- Repaired hydraulic circuit malfunction in Pratt & Whitney R1340 engine by restoring proper pump pattern after failure; installed inoperative Vortac beacon on Beechcraft King Air 200.
- Installed new heat exchanger on PT6A engine to restore proper operation for flight safety; replaced defective circuit breaker for landing gear extension.
Aircraft Technician Resume Sample 6
- Completed 2000+ hours of aircraft maintenance and repair at a major US commercial carrier.
- Restored commercial aircraft engines and landing gear to proper operating condition as required by FAA regulations.
- Trained in engine repair, overhaul, inspections and certification, landing gear repair, and hydraulic systems.
- Recognized for excellence in the workplace through numerous awards, including “Most Valuable Aircraft Maintenance Tech” for outstanding safety and instructional protocol.
- Achieved the highest annual safety rating of zero lost time accidents or incidents during my tenure with a major airline carrier.
Aircraft Technician Resume Sample 7
- Responsible for ensuring that all systems are in proper operation and maintenance.
- Assigned tasks, evaluated results, made necessary modifications to maintenance schedules.
- Supported the Chief Engineer by maintaining the aircraft’s computers and communications system. Worked on a technical level with the crew to ensure outstanding performance of aircrews.
- Developed process improvements to eliminate “hot” work tasks which required more time than necessary, thereby saving valuable maintenance time.
- Applied research in electronics, computer programming, and mechanics while designing new and innovative equipment. Helped reduce maintenance costs by avoiding unnecessary repair work and waste of materials.
Aircraft Technician Resume Sample 8
- Qualified as an aircraft maintenance technician.
- Advanced and maintained aircraft by perusing technical manuals, diagnostics, and procedures.
- Trained on multiple types of equipment and applied knowledge to provide routine maintenance and repair services to assigned aircraft.
- Performed multiple preventive maintenance tasks during inspections of aircraft, engines, cabin pressure system, instrument panel.
- Effectively executed requests for inspections to minimize the cost of maintenance operations through proactive scheduling and efficient problem analysis.
Aircraft Technician Resume Sample 9
- Performed routine and advanced maintenance on aircraft and electro-mechanical systems; insured safety of air traffic.
- Achieved award for identifying improper maintenance actions by the pilot that resulted in $30,000 worth of damage to the rotor system.
- Held position of Lead Technician in charge of Two Full-Time technicians; managed operations and resolved issues for two business tenants.
- Trained staff on effective communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills through active listening, open discussion, team-building exercises.
- Diagnosed recurring problems with computer hardware through extensive analysis; saved company an estimated $10,000 in downtime and repairs costs.
Aircraft Technician Resume Sample 10
- Diagnosed and solved aircraft systems malfunction by using electronic testing equipment, memory units, and aircraft manuals.
- Maximized efficiency and accuracy of troubleshooting through effective communication with pilots, other mechanics, and customers.
- Achieved goal of a 15% increase in earnings with re-design of work schedule that allowed for more time to perform necessary repairs as stated in the annual goal statement.
- Became an expert in several software programs used for precision metal cutting and 3D modeling that paid for self-taught education upon graduation from a technical school.
- Proven ability to overcome obstacles by refining communication skills that led to the state-certified exam that allowed employees to utilize computer programming and design in the aerospace industry.
Aircraft Technician Resume Sample 11
- Improved customer satisfaction, efficiency, and productivity by identifying, fixing, and replacing defective electrical systems on jet airframes.
- Designed custom electric generators for two airframe maintenance areas to minimize “overhead”.
- Ensured customer satisfaction through excellent job performance.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strong interpersonal relationships in establishing customer service standards for the entire maintenance department.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Customer Service through professional attitude, exceptional quality of work, and motivating others.
Aircraft Technician Resume Sample 12
- Quickly responded and repaired an inoperative fuel tank valve; averting potential disaster.
- Detected faulty microprocessor chips and replaced them, overhauling aircraft navigation system; adhering to FAA Part 145 regulation requirements.
- Performed scheduled maintenance on a 450,000-pound aggregate load crane, covering all hydraulics, brakes, and electrical systems with limited supervision and no injuries to workers.
- Diagnosed malfunctioning sensor for airspeed indicator panel on a multimillion-dollar military helicopter; identifying the problem with preflight inspection in flight.
- Achieved record of zero accident-related incidents with commercial flight crew and company.
To work as an Aircraft Technician, you must be 18 years old, you must have 18-30 hours of work experience in related fields or graduate from FAA-Approved Aviation Maintenance Technician School, and you must pass all testing. Aircraft Technicians must demonstrate knowledge of aircraft parts, machinery repair methods, precision technical plans, safety procedures, equipment maintenance procedures, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.