Hydraulic technicians are tasked with operating, maintaining and installing hydraulic components and systems. Their duties include inspection of hydraulic systems, testing and installing hydraulic components, tearing down and repairing hydraulic systems, cleaning the equipment, and troubleshooting hydraulic systems.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Hydraulic Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Hydraulic Technician resumes for your reference.
Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 1
- Repaired hydraulic systems in flight simulators used for pilot training.
- Installed new components to extend life of hydraulic pumps.
- Rewired control valves in order to provide maximum safety and efficiency while repairing equipment.
- Maintained storage tanks, drained oil from grinders, repaired two tank trucks that included painting, sandblasting, repair welding on the bodies of the truck.
- Rebuilt pump assemblies for forklifts at a national distribution center resulting in increased productivity due to increased reliability.
Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 2
- Handled matters effectively and efficiently to minimize downtime; recognized for performance by Plant Manager.
- Provided leadership in the development of new technology related to hydraulic equipment; recognized by team members, peers, and management for efforts.
- Determined root cause analysis of hydraulic failure; implemented improved process controls that resolved many malfunctions.
- Maximized available resources to meet production goals while maintaining cost efficiency according to specifications defined in contracts.
- Created financial savings opportunities by identifying obsolete inventory purchases.
Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 3
- Rewired a hydraulic system from the jib of a 5,000-ton ship to control thrusters and propellers in less than twelve hours.
- Diagnosed an obscure power steering pump malfunction in less than ten minutes after being called into service.
- Successfully re-engineered a wheelhouse crane that had been inoperative for two weeks due to controller failure within a period of fourteen days.
- Detected a faulty wire in a submerged emergency generator located beneath eight feet of water, salvaged parts, and mended the wire all before 20 minutes were up.
- Replaced failed joystick controller for underwater ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle), restored rudder function to a malfunctioning automated tow vessel in less than four hours.
Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 4
- Performed over 25 hydraulic repairs of varying degrees including the use of high-pressure water cleaning method to rectify extensive oil spills.
- Certified in all aspects of General Motors factory training for front axle, rear axle, steering, and engine assembly equipment.
- Pioneered innovative methods for overhauling grease systems; designed modifications to existing machinery which allowed unit operation at extreme levels while protecting against contamination.
- Conducted extensive preventative maintenance checks on major plant machines daily; identified potential problems before they became an issue.
- Reached efficiency rating of 97% on fleet vehicles; quickened turnaround time by 40%.
Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 5
- Designed, fabricated, and installed hydraulic custom apparatus to meet manufacturing tolerances.
- Installed electro-pneumatic diagnostic system on 20 piece production line at factory wide assembly area.
- Modified process equipment including high pressure valves, accumulators, pumps, cylinders, positioners.
- Detected failing compressor oil seals through careful use of pneumatic leakage tester to avoid costly repairs.
- Managed preventative maintenance program for local automotive dealership’s fleet of over one hundred vehicles.
Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 6
- Assisted in the operation of one of the largest hydraulic distribution centers in South Central United States.
- Built teams for planning and managing inventory which reduced costs by $11,000 per month.
- Established cost-effective preventive maintenance program that reduced repair costs by over 15% within 12 months.
- Conducted well-received energy conservation seminars to increase awareness for reducing energy consumption among employees.
- Designed, developed, and maintained comprehensive records regarding vehicle specifications, testing methods, calibration specifics, and other relevant data used to improve future designs.
Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 7
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance of all hydraulic systems.
- Troubleshot failed hydraulic pumps, motors, hoses, and regulators to restore normal operation quickly and safely without any damage or injuries.
- Developed improved methods of tracking fluid levels in storage tanks by developing a system to track fluid level changes using Microsoft Excel.
- Solved problems associated with repairs on defective valves that were used during the manufacturing process of mobile homes by replacing the defective ones with new parts.
- Removed faulty parts from electric submersible pumps (ESP) and replaced them with new parts to ensure proper function after being called out in emergency situations.
Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 8
- Diagnosed faulty hydraulic components, replaced failed pumps and repaired other hydraulic systems.
- Operated forklift truck to haul heavy equipment throughout warehouse; maintained inventory control by recording items received or shipped off-site.
- Identified the cause of malfunctioning pump through testing, prior experience with similar components, and use of manufacturer’s handbook for reference material.
- Provided guidance to apprentice technicians during on-the-job training prior to attaining journeyman status; established procedures that are still used today.
- Successfully completed project working long hours beyond normal duty to meet deadline due to missing parts from vendor.
Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 9
- Successfully replaced defective hydraulic valves on a 900-ton mining excavator that required lifting into the air with a crane.
- Identified and diagnosed over 50 common machine malfunctions while working on a particular machine in less than half a day, resulting in increased productivity.
- Restored functionality to a malfunctioning high line loader while working by myself, isolated from any power or lighting, without outside communication for 10 hours.
- Conducted field testing of new truck hoist parts for safety compliance to ensure that they were safe before production began.
- Developed new electrical training materials after being taught insufficient material by management; these have been utilized to train 15 additional technicians since implementation.
Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 10
- Installed and serviced hydraulic systems for fire trucks, construction equipment, and dump truck bodies.
- Built and repaired the welding machines.
- Helped to maintain all of the company’s production machinery and electrical components on a twenty-four-hour basis so as to serve customers at their convenience.
- Managed inventory control of parts required for field service operations.
- Efficiently managed costs by maintaining accurate records of time spent per order as well as material usage data which reduced expenses by $20,000 per year.
Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 11
- Troubleshot and repaired hydraulic systems on tractors, backhoes, ditchers, and motorgraders without error.
- Provided customers with effective solutions to problems during emergency service calls; eliminated faulty equipment downtime.
- Established leadership abilities as a project leader for team of mechanics and technicians by conducting and supervising repairs and upgrades on several pieces of heavy construction equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform tasks under extreme pressure while participating in restoration efforts after Hurricane Katrina.
- Instituted best practices for hydraulic system repair; designed new decal/instrument panel layout that streamlined work flow processes.
Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 12
- Performed heavy equipment service, repair, and troubleshooting on hydraulic systems to resolve complex system malfunctions.
- Consistently contributed immensely to the productivity of the department by maintaining a safe workplace environment, completing all assigned tasks on time.
- Promoted after one year at junior technician grade based upon exceptional quality performance of duties.
- Elevated company revenue stream by identifying critical errors in hydraulic system design documentation that resulted in new product development opportunities with significant economic impact for the enterprise.
- Pioneered the production of an innovative line of hydraulically powered equipment after developing new concepts that met market demands while boosting company image through highly publicized competitive events involving original prototype demonstration.
To be a hydraulic technician you must have a high school diploma or GED and there is a preference for technical school training or an apprenticeship. Hydraulic technicians must know shop math, understand the use of inspection equipment, know how to read technical drawings, be skilled with mechanical tools, be skilled in mechanical assembly, understand troubleshooting techniques, and be familiar with hydraulic plumbing.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Hydraulic Technician Resume Samples
- Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 1
- Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 2
- Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 3
- Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 4
- Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 5
- Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 6
- Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 7
- Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 8
- Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 9
- Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 10
- Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 11
- Hydraulic Technician Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up