Quality Assurance (QA) Directors are responsible for managing all quality assurance activities in an organization. Their main duties include performing quality audits and reporting the findings to the president, evaluating the performance of the production process, performing inspections and quality tests, ensuring that safety standards are observed, creating training materials for staff and implementing quality assurance measures.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best QA Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real QA Director resumes for your reference.
QA Director Resume Sample 1
- Introduced and implemented a “zero defect, flawless product” policy across the organization; managed the development and implementation of this policy.
- Maintained an open and honest environment where people could be exposed to the company’s values and expectations for honesty and integrity.
- Reviewed inspection reports to identify non-conformities. Investigated those inspections as well as those prompted by change control requests.
- Trained juniors in quality control procedures to ensure proper completeness, accuracy, timeliness, and timeliness of execution of work orders.
- Established a hard driving work ethic that set a high standard for everyone who worked with him.
QA Director Resume Sample 2
- Staged logistic functions that integrate engineering direction, human resources, purchasing, and other unit functions into an efficient operation.
- Directed production for transportation of logistic raw materials to the front line for processing at the shop.
- Trained personnel on best practices for weekly shop inventory procedures.
- Conducted regular inventory inspections of finished goods to ensure timely deliveries.
- Served as a role model to new hire technicians by demonstrating leadership skills and problem solving capabilities.
QA Director Resume Sample 3
- Revamped Quality Assurance department; implemented the Centralized Quality control Program; trained employees in all aspects of production quality assurance tasks.
- Acted as lead troubleshooter for remediation of defects found in the manufacturing process.
- Implemented an improvement program to meet monthly targets for 90-day Product Return rate, Product Defect rate, and Inventory Turnover Rate.
- Trained over 400 employees how to avoid manufacturing defects, reduce Production Time, and improve quality output during 12 straight months of successful Quality Assurance training.
- Streamlined employee knowledge through an employee handbook, Quality Control Manual.
QA Director Resume Sample 4
- Directed product testing to meet quality standards.
- Managed 12 team members to ensure quality control of work products.
- Selected and managed two interns as QA coordinators to prepare for the QA manager position.
- Developed a new program incorporating self-testing for managers and developed a variety of test plans from instructor request.
- Accurately analyzed issues with product design and new technologies, and responded to all problems appropriately.
QA Director Resume Sample 5
- Evaluated and trained employees on the use and operation of testing and measuring equipment.
- Proved to be an effective team leader for employees working in a fast- paced semiconductor facility.
- Guided department staff through the process of converting from manual to computerized testing equipment.
- Developed maintenance programs for manufacturing, measuring, and testing machines based on plant policies.
- Assisted safety staff with investigating employee accidents; helped employee return to work as soon as possible.
QA Director Resume Sample 6
- Completed an upgrade using test management process, project planning, and execution.
- Controlled the QA framework to ensure a minimum of 4.5 out of a possible 5 points on a 5-point scale for higher customer satisfaction ratings.
- Conducted quality training for all QA staff to improve quality standard compliance during the post-production phase.
- Trained employees in STLC (software testing life cycle) methodology to ensure maximum performance from contract vendors and their personnel.
- Analyzed, monitored, and implemented improvements for continual efficiency gains from operations personnel in reducing rework costs and meeting deadlines for delivery of products..
QA Director Resume Sample 7
- Assisted in the development of manufacturing procedures to ensure accuracy of production, especially for aircraft parts are manufactured.
- Supervised 14 engineers, five draftsmen, two machine operators, two set-up men, one QC inspector and one inspector.
- Managed eight engineers and six draftsmen to complete several complex projects.
- Supervised production department to ensure approval of 3 days lead time on all orders.
- Developed the second largest CAD file in the government with 8 megabytes of information.
QA Director Resume Sample 8
- Consistently met customers’ needs by providing technical support and training.
- Inventoried, classified, and stored spare parts.
- Managed inventory to ensure timely delivery of customer orders.
- Designed a standard work process for a “Quality Control” department for a start-up company.
- Guided the “Quality Control” department through ISO 9001 certification by quality systems audit team from The Boeing Company.
QA Director Resume Sample 9
- Reviewed and approved all incoming and outgoing invoices. Kept track of bills and paid them promptly.
- Reviewed numerous vendors to ensure proper billing, auditing, and payment terms.
- Audited contracts for accuracy.
- Ensured that invoices met payment terms, invoice terms, and discount marks.
- Identified opportunities for savings through negotiations with vendors including discounts on supplies, renovation costs, goods returned for defective parts, etc.
QA Director Resume Sample 10
- Directed employees to develop testing methods, plan test schedules, and direct testing activities.
- Reviewed all completed tests to ensure conformance with data type specifications.
- Abstracted the results of analyses to determine cause for failures.
- Developed special procedures for simulating production environments.
- Performed training sessions for new hires.
QA Director Resume Sample 11
- Analyzed field data to produce cost savings, increases in dollars per square foot, and overall efficiency.
- Presided over ensuring the quality of process equipment and facility.
- Conducted advanced design and manufacturing projects for cleanroom facility.
- Gained new skills as a professional Engineer, completed college coursework on project management, public speaking, and various computer languages.
- Established relationship with all departments within the company (including production and management).
QA Director Resume Sample 12
- Directed a software inspection organization to improve QA processes and achieve improved software inspection capabilities.
- Contributed to the development of new testing tools for implementing automated testing from legacy applications.
- Developed process improvement initiatives for increasing the productivity of the software inspection organization.
- Received recognition from management as an outstanding performer in professional development, quality, and customer satisfaction areas.
- Led a group of dedicated engineers to develop a PC-based training module for other departments on online documentation management system.
QA Director Resume Sample 13
- Directed 6 SPS/IEQ engineers in the organization of QA program. Established training curriculum for new QA engineers.
- Managed 6 SPS/IEQ engineers to aid in the documentation of software development standards.
- Maintained organizational policies, procedures, and standards for QA staff.
- Consulted with R&D team members to ensure compliance to corporate policies, procedures, and standards.
- Reduced backlogs by identifying problem areas and implementing solutions to automate testing efforts in order to reduce costs and improve quality.
QA Director Resume Sample 14
- Correctly identified and reported over $1,000,000 of production errors.
- Diagnosed non-conformances on manufacturing processes that are new to the QA Department.
- Successfully transferred skills from Engineering to Production to train machinists to inspect parts made with new equipment.
- Diagnosed over $7,500,000 of quality problems using statistical process control throughout the vehicle assembly process.
- Provided guidance on new systems for tracking quality issues through the vehicle assembly process.
To work as a quality assurance director, you require a bachelor’s degree in engineering or its equivalent and a certification by the American Society for Quality (ASQ). Quality Assurance directors must demonstrate organizational skills, creativity skills, good communication skills, analytical skills, teamwork, managerial skills and leadership skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best QA Director Resume Samples
- QA Director Resume Sample 1
- QA Director Resume Sample 2
- QA Director Resume Sample 3
- QA Director Resume Sample 4
- QA Director Resume Sample 5
- QA Director Resume Sample 6
- QA Director Resume Sample 7
- QA Director Resume Sample 8
- QA Director Resume Sample 9
- QA Director Resume Sample 10
- QA Director Resume Sample 11
- QA Director Resume Sample 12
- QA Director Resume Sample 13
- QA Director Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up