An Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the accounts payable department at an organization. Their duties include review accounting reports, reconcile accounts, prepares budget reports, ensure that records are being maintained properly, prepare 1099 for vendors, and abiding by all tax regulations.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Accounts Payable Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Supervised the monthly and quarterly processing of $30 million in accounting and auditing related invoices, maintaining the accurate and timely recording of information for all financial transactions.
- Maintained high level of accuracy and also meeting revenue projections for company invoicing.
- Managed an accounts payable team of 3 people; track all payroll expenses, review vendors contracts, discuss expense policy with AP managers, monitor vendor payments.
- Effectively manage the department to ensure proper controls are in place and adhering to the departments policies, guidelines and procedures and working closely with vendor’s representatives to ensure timely payment release.
- Accurately and timely record vendor invoices as well as prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Organized and maintained department records with accuracy and control, adhering to A&P guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Directed a team of 3 employees in the processing of over 200 monthly payrolls; ensured that each employee met or exceeded all documentation deadlines throughout the month.
- Handled payroll discrepancies regarding employee benefits, overtime, holiday pay, vacation pay, retirement contributions; dealt with insurance plan issues for human resources in HR.
- Delivered accurate time card data to the Human Resources Department by each employee’s end of month payday.
Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Analyzed actuals and totaled daily receipts.
- Paid vendors within 15 days of receipt of funds; tracked costs, approved invoicing and sent them to accounting.
- Placed ad hoc reports on a timely basis; tracked and controlled bank expenses with daily approval process.
- Efficiently processed accounts receivables through all stages of the payment cycle; consistently paid off accounts by the 10th day following receipt of accounts receivable.
- Recognized for exceptional performance in banking, business, family relations, and self-improvement.
Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Recognized for being the best, most successful person at the company in Accounts Payable.
- Achieved award for highest manufacturing cost savings because of accurate, timely processing of invoiced payments and collateral accounts receivables.
- Graduated from various accounting courses and became certified as an Associate Certified Public Accountant.
- Stood out among peers for the achievement of the Certified Professional in Accounting (CPA) Exam in November 2000.
- Supervised countless numbers of employees through their first year as a highly-skilled professional accountant.
Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Scored in the 90th percentile on Accounts Payable Performance review test.
- Recovered over $200,000 in misapplied and misplaced payments through a series of mandatory training sessions provided to employees.
- Received “Pay It Forward” Award for significant contributions to organizational improvements.
- Employed innovative and efficient solutions when faced with unusually high-volume workloads; led a team of three employees in reducing accounts payable processing cycle by 15% without decreasing productivity or quality of work.
- Closed the year with $700,000+ reduction in Accounts Payable backlog; earned acclaim from Regional Vice-President as a result.
Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Contributed to the development of a department from a low-performing, disorganized mess to one of the highest performing departments at the firm.
- Managed staff performance, disciplined and promoted employees in accordance with company guidelines.
- Adhered to policies and procedures; maintained accurate records; adhered to deadlines for filing accruals and posting of vendor entitlements.
- Analyzed and tracked numbers for accuracy; monitored daily ledgers’ analysis by personnel in order to ensure accurate reporting.
- Fostered an atmosphere of trust among partners, accountants, auditors, and other work force personnel.
Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Completed assigned tasks on schedule, frequently ahead of schedule, and maintained a processing accuracy rate of 100%.
- Selected to oversee the accounts payable area while still in junior-level status.
- Gathered information from diverse areas and evaluated results, making recommendations regarding future improvements.
- Appointed as Quality Control Auditor by company President; responsible for evaluating the performance of all financial staff.
- Awarded “Employee of the Year” for establishing effective controls that identified an error in financial reporting process.
Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Reconciled daily financial reports for all departments and department heads, including Legal, Human Resources, and Operations.
- Collaborated with management teams to improve accounting records and procedures.
- Evaluated information systems during the course of one year; based on the findings, designed, developed, and implemented changes in accounting software.
- Trained staff in the areas of computer operations to meet the requirements of a new distributed processing system.
- Approved monthly flow-down procedures for two accounting groups to determine appropriate cost allocations to individual accounts administered.
Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Served as second in command in a position of high responsibility; served as the acting supervisor for over six months.
- Completed time and labor reports on time, within required guidelines.
- Established procedures which reduced expenditures by 10%; gained recognition and promotion as a result of cost-cutting initiative.
- Achieved expert status in terms of data compilation and reporting; recognized by management for proficiency in Accounts Payable activities.
- Designed analysis methods to evaluate accuracy and timeliness of accounts payable transactions; achieved highest rating from external auditors, resulting from improved performance.
Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Mentored employees; trained and supervised close to 100 new employees in the Accounts Payable Department for a total of more than 500 hours of training within one year.
- Achieved award for 10% reduction in costs through vendor relations; negotiated with three firms to reduce charges by 50% each.
- Streamlined daily operations by ensuring that payables were processed accurately and timely.
- Resolved complex problems while developing a long-term strategy to support rapidly expanding business needs.
- Maintained positive attitude as a self-starter and received recognition for my proactive role in successful financial improvement at my organization.
Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Provided leadership to the Accounts Payable staff by recommending policies and procedures, conducting monthly performance reviews, and serving as a role model.
- Streamlined Accounts Payable operations by implementing time and budget management controls, contract negotiations, and vendor rating assessments to reduce costs and improve service.
- Received acknowledgement for 100% accuracy rating on Department of Defense audits.
- Increased employee morale through innovative team building activities; enhanced departmental communication.
- Earned award for excellence in customer service from the Department of Air Force; reduced payment processing costs by 15%.
Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Supervised a staff of seven in the accurate production of payroll documents and maintains books, records, and financial statements.
- Was a team leader for the department for over 3 years.
- Recognized as a top performer by both management and co-workers.
- Received an award from one of our clients as the best supervisor among all financial consultants.
- Maintained an A+ rating from former employees in several departments to date.
Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Sample 13
- Supervised accounts payable functions in order to maintain accounts effective and accurate.
- Processed all checks associated with purchase orders, invoices, and customer matter.
- Created customer monthly financial reports within a deadline; distributed reports to all departments.
- Successfully completed reconciliation process for month-end closing on time.
- Receive an outstanding report from the Quality Department.
To become an Accounts Payable Supervisor, you will need a bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration. The skills needed for this position are strong mathematical skills, strong computer skills, attention to detail, analytical skills, strong leadership skills, problem-solving skills, and time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.