The Claims Assistant is key to supporting the claims department and the administration of professional liability claims. Their duties include assembling documents for additional handling by adjusters, entering and retrieving information, complying with claims manual and all standard work, correspondence with clients and claimants, issuing payments,coordinating appointments and drafting documents.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Claims Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Claims Assistant resumes for your reference.
Claims Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Reviewed medical records and claims to determine eligibility for reimbursement.
- Interviewed medical records and reviewed investigators’ reports for accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Obtained authorization from appropriate Boards of Directors to enter into a contract with an employer to send employees up to twelve miles from work to a conference for training purposes.
- Obtained authorization from appropriate Boards of Directors to issue a coupon book that covered the cost of the conference for all participating employees.
- Achieved outstanding on-time complaint resolution rating by the front-line staff on a quarterly basis on improvement objectives related to customer satisfaction and claim resolution.
Claims Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Increased efficiency of the Claims Department by more than 20 percent while maintaining the same level of customer service for all customers.
- Assisted in resolving complex customer issues with dedication and on schedule.
- Resolved consumers’ concerns regarding payment processing through online accounts, increasing efficiency of the department.
- Sent letters on behalf of clients notifying insurers to adjust their payments into the account that was set up to be easily accessible for them.
- Resolved customer inquiries regarding claims, including letters of explanation regarding lost or damaged merchandise.
Claims Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Accessing, analyzing, and collecting data from numerous sources for the purpose of assisting the Underwriters with claim application investigation.
- Verifying documentation to ensure that all required information was present, accurate, and comprehensive; prepared memorandums documenting findings.
- Efficiently answering phones; addressed customer’s questions; handled difficult and hostile callers by diplomatically resolving their concerns and requests.
- Completed assigned research projects in a timely manner; organized and indexed insurance claims for fast retrieval.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance; raised the departmental standard of excellence by recognizing potential obstacles and proactively addressing them before they become problems.
Claims Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Processed claims from two fire claims agencies.
- Analyzed and picked up on initial problems with insurance carriers as they arose.
- Effectively handled the initial settlement of a claim as it was adjudicated by one of the insurance agents.
- Participated in a simulated claim settlement analysis with a state agency, which provided real-world experience in handling litigation issues.
- Developed an effective process to manage conflicts with insurance agents.
Claims Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Processed open claims according to company guidelines including arbitration requests and medical examiners’ reports.
- Trained new claims processors on necessary procedures.
- Researched difficult cases to determine reasons for claims being paid, which resulted in a 25% decrease in new complaints from customers.
- Provided outstanding customer service while taking complaints; ensured speedy resolution of complaints, which resulted in an increase of repeat customer calls by 10%.
- Acted as liaison between public adjusters and the claims department; earned respect within the industry by effectively working with both parties, which involved resolving disputes between public adjusters and management.
Claims Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Informed clients of benefits, limitations, eligibility requirements.
- Participated in the review and monitoring of status on claims; created and maintained accurate records.
- Achieved excellence in communication and customer service while maintaining guidelines through evaluation of claims.
- Received quality award; achieved excellence in communication and customer service while maintaining guidelines through evaluation of claims.
- Recognized for exceptional sales performance; helped sell insurance products that resulted in more than $100,000 additional revenue per year after commission was factored into commissions.
Claims Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Formulated and compiled paperwork for medical necessity submission for personal injury claims.
- Stayed current with current medical practices and procedures; did not accept or deny claims without proper documentation, therefore knowing the best way to present the case.
- Designed education materials for an insurance class.
- Received award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a policy.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had filed a claim.
Claims Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Responded to customer inquiries regarding claim processing by conducting research, filing necessary reports, and following up with claims personnel.
- Accomplished busy work orders. Adhered to standard banking procedures by completing all forms according to protocol.
- Accomplished tasks according to departmental protocol by completing company documentation correctly. Carefully processed all loan payments to vendors, ensuring the claims were accurately documented for management review.
- Achieved exceptional customer service participation awards for outstanding performance at work; received positive feedback from customers who were pleased with service received. Supported sales efforts with excellent contact management skills and demonstrated the ability to effectively communicate with customers.
- Received recognition for outstanding communication skills by following internal procedures and executing customer communication procedures.
Claims Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Recognized by the Claims Supervisor for excellent work ethic, assistance to customers, and overall performance.
- Referred to the Director of Risk Management by the Claims Supervisor for outstanding performance and exemplary attention to detail; processed complex, multi-party claims on time and within budget.
- Recommended by the Claims Supervisor for promotion; effectively researched, prepared and presented case summaries.
- Assigned as a lead staff member of a special claims unit; completed assigned tasks on time and within budget.
- Promoted to Senior Claims Assistant; successfully processed customer service-related issues on time and within budget.
Claims Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Identified and analyzed claims in order to minimize the number of claims we had to payout.
- Planned and implemented process improvements such as loan documentation review and reduction in rejecting existing claims.
- Achieved award for highest quality standard; effectively communicate with clients regarding their current status on an ongoing basis.
- Received award for outstanding quality standard; inspected, reviewed, and processed customer accounts in a timely and expeditious manner.
- Received award for excellent customer service; effectively communicate with clients regarding their claim experience.
Claims Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Worked on a claim that had been denied by two other Claims Assistants; instigated a review of the entire case and successfully reversed the denial decision.
- Received a quality award for saving the company money by arranging alternative transportation for a customer who was to be transported by ambulance.
- Processed over 100 claims per day, ranging from personal injury to property damage.
- Was responsible for notifying customers of awards and settlements, as well as filing claims with companies to which the business would be responsible for paying court judgments or settlements.
- Empowered co-workers through peer coaching and mentoring; received a “Certificate of Appreciation” from the manager.
Claims Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Resolved an isolated, time-sensitive claim by providing the customer with options to resend the claim.
- Processed new business submissions in a timely manner by communicating with customers regarding documentation required to process new business claims.
- Secured all assets with insurance companies on behalf of the company with favorable results by employing quality service practices.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance; established effective collaboration with the underwriting department, production staff, and members by interacting in a professional manner.
- Received outstanding quality award; established effective collaboration with the underwriting department, production staff, and members by interacting in a professional manner.
A high school diploma with related experience is required to become a Claims Assistant. Successful Claims Assistants must demonstrate communication skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, subject matter expertise, effective time management, strong typing skills and data entry skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.