Camp Supervisors are responsible for creating leisure programs for children, and supervise them during their time in the camp. Their duties include conducting the training of the staff, assessing the inventory, talking to parents, teaching camp curriculum, organising the camp’s activities, recording the attendance of the children.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Camp Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Camp Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Camp Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Supervised and educated 30 campers, aged 8-11, for five consecutive summer seasons.
- Mentored 20 high school students through college scholarship application and 8 month academic year volunteer program that included community service and financial literacy education.
- Promoted self-esteem and positive behavior during weekly activities to reduce violence in the neighborhood by collaborating with neighborhood leaders.
- Gained respect from community members as a peacemaker after resolving disputes between parents and teenagers over custody of children who were left unattended during daytime hours.
- Uplifted spirits of discouraged residents within an underserved area as a Community Outreach Worker for one year helping them find jobs, acquire transportation services, locate affordable housing, and build trust with law enforcement.
Camp Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Managed an average of 150 campers and 15 counselors during the day, while maintaining safety supervision around campus.
- Developed a new after-school program for at-risk teens, providing valuable experience in life-changing alternatives.
- Pioneered a new concept, “Camp Without Walls,” allowing outdoor learning and field trips on camping trips to local rivers and forests.
- Aided in organizing electronic games, sports tournaments, dances, and other events to promote healthy social interactions.
- Introduced several recycling programs which reduced waste production by 60% while creating more jobs for staff members.
Camp Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Instructed and instructed staff to safely conduct and develop positive camp experiences for children.
- Developed daily schedules and program plans, including games, activities, crafts, songs, skits, and storytimes; promoted increased self-esteem by increasing art skills; fostered organizational abilities by requiring staff to file weekly reports.
- Achieved high camper attendance record during the summer of ’96 at a state-of-the-art summer camp facility within 30 days of my hiring date; recognized as Employee of Year for 1996.
- Relieved stress due to overcrowding; supervised over 100 children without incident on or off facility grounds with one counselor on day trips 5 miles away from camp.
- Procured $12,000 in scholarship funds by soliciting funds from local businesses and writing to alumni; awarded $500 annually for four years.
Camp Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Led and managed a group of over 30 camp counselors, instructors, and staff.
- Provided supervision and guidance to children aged 5 to 12 years old during overnight camping trips.
- Facilitated arts-based learning activities that promoted creative expression, individual choice, and cooperative play for the needs of diverse learners.
- Maintained a safe environment by enforcing policies regarding food/drink storage, hazardous items, proper clothing attire for outdoor activities, cleanliness standards in cabin areas, and lifeguarding techniques.
- Promoted healthy choices through cooking demonstrations with a focus on nutrition education; supported good parenting practices through student field trip presentations at Bright Horizons.
Camp Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Maintained proper order and discipline at all times; maintained accurate records on campers, counselors, and day-to-day activities.
- Interacted with children in a professional manner; was highly organized and able to effectively communicate with parents and employees of the organization.
- Promoted physical fitness, mental awareness, sound character development, and cultural understanding by coordinating two outdoor camps for over 150 children per session.
- Coordinated activities such as archery, canoeing/kayaking, climbing wall, low ropes course activities with special emphasis on water safety.
- Composed letters to parents informing them about their child’s progress both socially and educationally during one season. Researched, prepared, and distributed newsletters during each month of one season.
Camp Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Successfully managed the day-to-day functions of a summer camp for children with special needs; developed relationships between children who were socially isolated.
- Provided necessary medical care to over 20 children, evaluated the condition of each child, and administered emergency CPR when required.
- Supervised up to 14 teenagers while teaching canoeing/kayaking classes on Lake Superior; led both novice and experienced students to follow proper safety regulations.
- Promoted physical activity, cardiovascular health, weight control, and diet management through swimming lessons; taught adults and children to swim using American Red Cross methodologies.
- Oversaw daily activities at an outdoor adventure camp for teenage girls during four weeks in the wilderness; prepared and served breakfast, lunch, and dinner for groups ranging from 15 to 25 people.
Camp Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Delivered a safe and fun summer camp for over 1,000 children from the inner-city.
- Managed counselor scheduling to ensure counselors were prepared, organized, and provided for their specific campsite needs.
- Promoted enthusiasm, teamwork, and discipline with activities such as swimming lessons, scavenger hunts, and overnight camping trips.
- Led weekly team-building exercises that showcased spirit and character development.
- Assembled and oversaw transportation of materials necessary to design and construct a new outdoor classroom area consisting of benches and shade trees.
Camp Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Quickly mobilized and directed staff to accomplish exceptional camp results.
- Achieved high satisfaction of Camp Agawak clients by hiring and directing counselors, cooks, and assistants.
- Promoted camper learning with creative outdoor programming that included canoeing, archery, hiking, astronomy, and crafts.
- Demonstrated superior leadership and communication skills in resolving complaints and concerns of campers’ parents.
- Won appreciation through positive rapport with parents during parent-teacher conferences.
Camp Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Assisted in the development of a program that has grown into one of the most popular overnight camping experiences sponsored by the City of Maplewood.
- Sought new ways to enhance an already successful camp experience for children through extensive research, resourcefulness, and creativity.
- Employed superior leadership skills to effectively motivate staff members while creating a safe, fun-filled environment with zero bullying incidents for over 1,500 children at City of Maplewood’s annual summer camps.
- Maximized unique learning opportunities by incorporating relevant curriculum on unique subjects such as astronomy, Japanese culture, robotics, etc., into various programs facilitated every year at City of Maplewood’s summer.
- Recognized as an exemplary role model and an invaluable source of expertise and knowledge which led to the designation as a “Trainer for Trainers” by City of Maplewood for over six years.
Camp Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Managed 3,000 kids and staff at summer camp; significantly reduced accidents by 300%.
- Promoted to head of department for outstanding administrative and personnel management skills.
- Fundraiser winner for charity’s largest corporate donor program ever achieved.
- Organized and directed 200-person volunteer staff, including counselors, cooks, maintenance workers, etc.
- Raised $30K for local youth through one sponsored golf tournament.
Camp Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Promoted to Camp Director after restoring morale amongst campers, employees, and families following July 4th holiday.
- Won volunteer appreciation award presented at the Annual Volunteer Banquet for outstanding job performance as a Vol. Director.
- Got new business through word-of-mouth referrals from parents of past campers who had great summer experiences with their children.
- Offered support to new crew members by establishing good work habits that have led them to success in the workplace.
- Increased campsite signup rates by 35% through organizational skills and aggressive recruitment tactics within community.
Camp Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Oversaw safety of children as they explored nature and built character during weekly overnight camp-outs.
- Implemented environmental programs to protect the national forest from damage.
- Promoted team spirit among staff members through planning weekly events such as hiking, swimming, archery, crafts, and sports.
- Received a promotion for completing three years of outstanding service.
- Resolved a complaint filed by a camper’s parent over an incident that occurred with her child during a summer camp activity.
To work as Camp Supervisor you must have a High School Degree or equivalent. Camp Supervisors must be able to work with children, have great organisational skills, possess great interpersonal skills, be great communicators, have a fun personality, must be able to work in a team environment and have great leadership skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.