A pipefitter apprentice assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related equipment. Duties include inspecting equipment, inspecting structures, performing a variety of physical activities, interpret blueprints, take measurements, various welding applications, maintaining a safe work area, and conduct pipe installation.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pipefitter Apprentice Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pipefitter Apprentice resumes for your reference.
Pipefitter Apprentice Resume Sample 1
- Successfully performed complete range of duties related to installing, removing, and maintaining various types of pipe.
- Trained in many systems including natural gas heating systems; propane; radiant heat; solar; hot water; steam; high pressure boilers; low pressure boilers.
- Skilled in the use of tools such as plumbers wrenches, pipe cutters, hacksaws, grinders, torches, solder guns, dies grinder tool kit for cutting threads on bolts or pipes.
- Possess knowledge needed to safely shut down system when necessary and to assist other trades with their jobs when needed.
- Proven ability to quickly resolve issues without supervision by planning ahead, using ingenuity, observation, and experience.
Pipefitter Apprentice Resume Sample 2
- Fitted piping systems for over 10 major buildings, including military bases, schools, hospitals, and office complexes.
- Completed all work in a timely manner with the highest quality standards to meet customer satisfaction.
- Accomplished greater efficiency by fitting pipe hangers designed to reduce labor time by 40% while ensuring that new piping specifications were strictly met.
- Streamlined fittings on new building; reduced labor time by 50% while providing cost-saving value to client.
- Improved construction site safety through strict compliance with OSHA regulations; never received any work related injuries or complaints of noncompliance.
Pipefitter Apprentice Resume Sample 3
- Removed and replaced corroded pipes in heating, ventilation, air-conditioning systems.
- Unraveled and reconnected copper tubing with various types of fittings to prepare for soldering.
- Soldered joints together to create watertight seals that comply with plumbing codes.
- Installed new gas lines into buildings using the layout of blueprints and measurements taken from a measuring tape.
- Assembled and installed glass shower partitions in bathrooms by cutting, fitting around obstructions, and screwing the parts together.
Pipefitter Apprentice Resume Sample 4
- Utilized personal time to prepare for and attend classes as part of an apprenticeship training program; effort credited with promotion into management role.
- Performed manual labor, such as welding, rigging, and crane operating on a daily basis during the first year of employment.
- Recognized by supervisor for skilled use of tools and equipment used in diagnosing mechanical problems related to heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems.
- Promoted from position of Pipefitter Apprentice to Pipefitter Journeyman after eighteen months due to ability to meet required production standards consistently.
- Earned certification as a Certified Welding Inspector after passing State examination following forty-five days of additional coursework and hands-on training.
Pipefitter Apprentice Resume Sample 5
- Assembled, installed, and tested complete piping systems on several accounts.
- Collaborated with other plumbers to successfully install an ammonia system at one of the largest ice rinks in the United States.
- Able to work efficiently within a safe-work environment by effectively communicating with management personnel during work stoppage for safety reasons.
- Completed all required training courses for apprenticeship program by age 20; recognized by supervisor as one of company’s best new hires.
- Resolved issues effectively after being assigned the task of leading the construction of a high-end apartment building due to outstanding attendance record and quality assurance participation, which resulted in project being completed ahead of schedule.
Pipefitter Apprentice Resume Sample 6
- Trained to be an apprentice in the trade. Successfully passed trade school final exam and practical tests for pipefitting certification at level I, II, III, and IV.
- Led a team of 24 skilled pipefitters for commercial construction project valued at $20 million dollars.
- Excelled towards goal of completing four years or 8000 hours within five years as a member of a 8 person crew by welding over 500 feet of conduit in a single day.
- Showed initiative to learn additional job responsibilities such as cleaning tools, measuring lengths and widths of pipes, setting up scaffolds, etc.; recognized by foremen.
- Crafted clean professional welds on site, on time to meet company’s deadline for project completion.
Pipefitter Apprentice Resume Sample 7
- Mentored by journeymen, learned to read blueprints, install steel beams up to six stories high.
- Earned spot on the “On-Call” list for emergency overtime work rotation rotation due to seniority and willingness to help out.
- Received recommendations from customers after completing jobs in a professional manner with excellent quality of workmanship.
- Taught co-workers proper welding techniques during shift change after demonstrating skills acquired through years of on-the-job training and school courses.
- Attained four certificates for specialized training achieved while working on a large hydropower project including tunneling, scaffolding, rigging, and welding certifications.
Pipefitter Apprentice Resume Sample 8
- Loaded and unloaded equipment in the field for pipefitting, plumbing, HVAC, green building, and electrical work.
- Used scaffolding to repair green roofs at commercial properties about two stories above ground.
- Diagnosed problems with root cause analysis of a condensate line using a TDS meter to locate leaks by absorption of water molecules.
- Developed skills as an install technician through learning on-the-job – reading prints – installing piping systems from scratch – passing three comprehensive exams.
- Improved safety conditions for co-workers by creating written works instructions for rigging up of scaffolds that was later distributed company wide. … What are your resume accomplishments.
Pipefitter Apprentice Resume Sample 9
- Installed, repaired and tested plumbing fixtures in multi-story buildings.
- Promoted to Journeyman after passing the Pipefitters Local Union #5 exam.
- Completed tasks on time without supervision due to my high degree of concentration while working on building projects.
- Selected for team project to design and build a complete package system (steam boiler) at a new hospital installation; recognized by the General Foreman.
- Acquired knowledge of air conditioning systems while maintaining heating equipment, furnaces, boilers, chillers, pumps, water heaters, air conditioners etc., which assisted me in developing innovative designs on my own.
Pipefitter Apprentice Resume Sample 10
- Performed in position of journeyman pipefitter in the installation of sanitary, steam, and water lines.
- Troubleshoot piping systems problems to promote safe working conditions/environment by detecting hazards and recommending solutions.
- Full competency allowed me to successfully complete a full-time journeyman education program while working full time at another company.
- Recognized for continued excellence throughout tenure with company; respected by supervisors and co-workers—promoted to supervisor.
- Excellent customer service skills developed through active listening skills and ability to resolve customer issues or requests quickly and effectively.
Pipefitter Apprentice Resume Sample 11
- Assembled, installed, and tested a boiler system from start to finish.
- Installed 3400 feet of pvc pipe for a drinking water pipeline.
- Designed and executed a custom-built manlift capable of 400 pounds load weight with four hydraulic cylinders as brake mechanisms.
- Led an HVAC installation team by ensuring all gas lines were in place before the sheet metal was put in place; effectively communicated isometric drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Installed 4″ diameter piping for building ventilation system, resolving interference issues with air conditioning ductwork along the way.
Educational requirements include trade school training and some states require certifications and licensure. Skills to succeed as a pipefitter apprentice include the ability to lift more than 40 pounds, the ability to follow instructions, proficiency with tools of the trade, detail-oriented, a team player, knowledge of pipefitting, the ability to work safely, and the ability to read blueprints.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.