A Nursery Assistant works in a day-care center to protect the well-being of children younger than 3. Their duties include greeting parents, watching children who cannot walk yet, feeding children, cleaning up, changing diapers, engaging children in learning-type activities, keeping children from wandering away and making sure children leave with an approved guardian.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Nursery Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Nursery Assistant resumes for your reference.
Nursery Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Assisted with childcare, parenting and child development, community involvement, and school services; created safe environment for children.
- Facilitated children’s activities through fun, arts, crafts, story-telling, outings; created welcoming environment for guests.
- Led children in reading circles and facilitated creative play; maintained the safe environment of the center.
- Dedicated myself to “Child First” philosophy at all times despite dealing with difficult situations or issues involving parents and other caregivers.
- Recognized for being a “Friendly Face” to all guests visiting the facility regardless of how stressful my own day may be.
Nursery Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Identified and rectified several personality and ethical issues in the classroom which created a comfortable learning environment.
- Conveyed appropriate discipline according to routines, response to students, and discussed classroom expectations.
- Maintained a positive attitude while relating challenging situations to students.
- Developed communications skills when handling disagreements with parents during tutoring sessions.
- Planned, prepared, and presented appropriate educational activities for children of varying ages including babies and kindergarteners.
Nursery Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Led team at boy’s/girl’s daycare center to completion of 53 openings in one year.
- Developed supervisory skills as leader and supervisor of children from ages 4-5 years.
- Secured partnership with another private childcare provider to be lead on the same service area for 2013.
- Presented and lead team in implementing new policies and procedures for nursery school, including new continuous quality improvement plan, risk management program, cafeteria menu selection policy, curriculum revision, staff training program, and classroom discipline system evaluation.
- Spearheaded development of a college course for parent education regarding Junior High school education with application to home schooling students.
Nursery Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Tended to infants’ needs and education by feeding, clothing, and caring for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Instructed children on safety awareness and child abuse prevention through games, puppets, and educational talks.
- Provided developmental guidance to prepared six month old infant in order to promote physical growth.
- Provided educational activities for two year old by reading stories and helping them to use the potty.
- Carried a 9 month old infant who was dependent upon ventilator during fire evacuation due to smoke inhalation.
Nursery Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Encouraged student enthusiasm, mentored classes, assisted with customer service needs, and consistently maintained cleanliness and organization.
- Adhered to all safety and health requirements; maintained a safe environment for children.
- Developed excellent relationships with parents by obtaining their input and input from them in the training process.
- Self-taught parent-child CPR, first aid, and life-saving techniques after emergency situations involving a child’s accidental drowning or choking on food or other materials in school.
- Trained to the full completion, from White Belt to Black Belt, two private students by 6 years of ongoing home childcare instruction.
Nursery Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Trained and supervised 100 children in a 5-day rotation; volunteered to work on holidays and weekends.
- Participated in the hiring process of other employees, provided quality oversight of the employees with whom I worked, and opened new business areas for expansion.
- Succeeded at maintaining an atmosphere of mutual respect, teamwork, and cooperation while working with 40 staff members. Created a positive team atmosphere throughout the department by encouraging team efforts, setting professional standards for behavior, confrontational skills training, teaching useful skills to students that their parents had difficulty teaching them on their own including giving high fives as encouragement for good work and discipline as well as bad behavior or noncompliance.
- Supervised and assisted CEO in preparation for meetings and meetings of Board of Directors to ensure that every detail was covered and that all details were done in a way that was perfectly organized so as to be effective, efficient and professional.
- Assisted with the training of new employee in addition to my own training as well as keeping up with new technology, software, and safety training.
Nursery Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Nurtured, encouraged, and supervised children from six various ethnic backgrounds.
- Supported the development of motor skills by assuring safety and providing appropriate materials.
- Encouraged language growth by listening and responding to questions and ideas.
- Protected child safety by following all health, fire, and security guidelines.
- Aided in acquiring early learning skills relating to colors and numbers through creative play using a variety of toys, manipulatives, teaching materials, puppets, games, books, music instruments, puzzles, computers and playground equipment.
Nursery Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Curated activities for over twenty toddlers in an arts-based program; directed and maintained a learning environment conducive to artistic development.
- Set up, planned, and executed class birthday parties that involved parents, children, and the rest of the team supporting learning environment.
- Chaperoned children in outdoor play areas that included parks, fields, and forests; interacted with both indoor and outdoor nature.
- Taught toddlers to make friendship bracelets from colorful yarns; interactive learning experience improved dexterity.
- Hand-selected playspaces for babies based on developmental goals including furthering cognitive skills through increased tactile experiences with felt boards.
Nursery Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Educated and inspired children through the art of dance, movement, and music (for the adults).
- Founded and maintained a local chapter of the National Dance Team.
- Reduced stress and anxiety levels through effective communication with parents.
- Fostered a heightened sense of sharing, cooperation, and diplomacy among students by applying principles of martial arts to self-defense.
- Founded a non-profit organization that raises funds for children in need through physical fitness programs.
Nursery Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Moved over 2,000 students through 18 different age groups during one year of employment.
- Efficiently supervised a staff of 35 childcare workers; planned and executed activities to meet students’ diverse needs.
- Accurately recorded data on every child’s progress including growth, development, temperament, progress in areas of interest, and other vital information that directly relates to the curriculum.
- Recognized for individual outreach efforts with children; established a relationship with a single student that resulted in her being accepted into the International Baccalaureate program at the University of California.
- Learned from a faculty dedicated to the students’ emotional and physical well-being.
Nursery Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Curated and straightened the nursery’s collection of children’s books and toys to exhibit a well-organized, clean environment.
- Assisted in arranging playdates for nursery friends while maintaining comprehensive records of their academic progress.
- Managed the staff in two age groups by taking attendance, giving instructions, and resolving conflicts during playtime.
- Organized and maintained a “kiddy bank” to promote saving; recognized by the director as one of her favorite employees.
- Used positive reinforcement to motivate children to play independently with stored toys and books; noted in staff meeting for creative scheduling.
Nursery Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Provided age appropriate learning, play experiences, and care for infants and toddlers.
- Established warm, caring, and supportive relationships with children and families.
- Increased math activities by 100% over a two year period through daily exposure to materials in math center.
- Facilitated parent involvement through monthly newsletters; increased attendance at parent participation events by 20%.
- Organized activities for a successful summer program with 50% increase in enrollment from previous summer.
A high school diploma is required, plus 6 months of experience in early childhood education. Skills needed are patience, excellent communication skills, ability to lift 30#, ability to stand for long periods, positive people skills, and ability to keep accurate records.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.