An Environmental Project Manager is in charge of projects that affect the environment. Their duties include making sure deadlines are met, keeping track of required documentation, managing the work of technicians, making inspections to find mold, asbestos, or lead; writing Site Assessment reports, and judging contractors.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Environmental Project Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Environmental Project Manager resumes for your reference.
Environmental Project Manager Resume Sample 1
- Developed, maintained, and improved the environmental compliance program for global firms.
- Collaborated with scientists to reduce chemical wastewater discharge to only 3% of its original levels without introducing hazardous chemicals into the environment.
- Reduced annual energy consumption by 12% by converting all copiers to laser; recognized with an award from the Chairman for outstanding performance.
- Streamlined procedures, saving over $140,000 in annual operating costs for materials handling operations; recognized as a highly valuable employee (HVE).
- Rescued company assets through aggressive dispositioning of unneeded equipment; returned over $200,000 worth of equipment that was destined for auction or scrapping.
Environmental Project Manager Resume Sample 2
- Advised co-workers, supervisors, and individual clients on environmental issues.
- Proven influential in raising awareness of toxic materials used by a corporation to fellow employees and community members through semi-monthly meetings.
- Wrote a proposal regarding policies that disabled employees could follow for achieving green business practices within the company’s facilities.
- Presented a speech on global warming at local high school as part of an interdisciplinary team with others from my department.
- Coordinated events as chairperson involving concerned parties from different departments as well as outside entities such as law enforcement officials, government representatives, medical professionals, and specialized consultants who were vital in protecting the environment which was my project’s scope.
Environmental Project Manager Resume Sample 3
- Managed the environmental education programs of 40,000 elementary school children annually.
- Enriched school curriculum for over 50 years with sustainable environmental project topics.
- Analyzed EPA data to recommend how to reduce hazardous waste by 85%.
- Developed a comprehensive recycling program, which increased materials’ recycling rate from 40% to 95%.
- Spearheaded Earth Day event in our community–planted trees and shrubs, planted flowers and vegetables at city buildings.
Environmental Project Manager Resume Sample 4
- Projected a total annual revenue of $3 million from “green” solar energy, vehicle propulsion systems, and electric battery recycling.
- Collaborated with clients to develop environmentally responsible product plans that affected US federal contracts worth more than $150 billion. I coordinated the agency’s knowledge base for human/environmental rights through stakeholder participation in international business transactions.
- Mobilized teams of environmental advocates to reduce risks posed by waste products and pollutants for large companies across several industries.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of risk management strategies as I lead three distinct projects related to hazardous waste hazards worth more than $40 billion annually.
- Managed over $100 million in national defense contracts from conception to final delivery from 2004-2009.
Environmental Project Manager Resume Sample 5
- Responsible for the clean-up of an abandoned drilling site which resulted in the saving of $210,000 in taxpayer funds.
- Oversaw project to contain and remove 70 drums of hazardous chemicals; received Toxics Release Inventory Award.
- Administered daily operations during environmental investigation; protected public health while maintaining cost efficiency.
- Implemented site remediation activities according to approved plans resulting in a savings of over $20,000 in contractor costs.
- Initiated projects to protect critical habitat during planning stages by facilitating meetings with community members and stakeholders.
Environmental Project Manager Resume Sample 6
- Rewrote all existing city ordinances for environmental protection to bring into compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Identified the best possible location for a new City Landfill by analyzing topographical maps, reviewing landfill capacities of nearby townships, and performing personal interviews with residents near proposed sites.
- Directed successful efforts to remove coal tar from State owned property resulting in an estimated $300K saving over original estimate of $800K.
- Formulated and designed an environmentally friendly water filtration system that reduced town’s operating costs by 50% without sacrificing quality or quantity of drinking water delivered to customers.
- Reduced landfill gas emissions by 40% through implementation of methane collection system.
Environmental Project Manager Resume Sample 7
- Maintained strict compliance with hazardous and solid waste regulation and permits, including proper storage and disposal of discarded materials.
- Achieved a significant reduction in hazardous waste generation through recycling programs; recognized by the Environmental Services Director for outstanding performance.
- Completed all required reports within established timeframes according to federal environmental regulations.
- Managed large-scale community outreach projects aimed at reducing refuse and recycling, promoting clean neighborhoods, and minimizing illegal dumping.
- Led company-wide initiative to establish comprehensive chemical management program; recognized by the Safety Manager for outstanding performance.
Environmental Project Manager Resume Sample 8
- Ensured all environmental project tasks were completed per company standards with 100% accuracy.
- Managed up to 12 employees’ daily activities following appropriate safety procedures at all times.
- Volunteered time outside of work hours to organize national recycling programs that raised money for donation to various charities.
- Awarded six months paid maternity leave upon return from maternity leave, after successfully expanding company’s customer base during absence.
- Completed 5 separate projects on time with perfect results, completing multiple presentations each month for management review.
Environmental Project Manager Resume Sample 9
- Reduced carbon footprint by 55% to 75% at several sites; decreased energy consumption, water pollution, and asbestos contamination.
- Designed safer methods for hazardous waste handling; saved company $400K in disposal fees.
- Restored biodiversity around an industrial plant; introduced native pollinators to the area .
- Implemented recycling plan that helped community reduce landfill costs by hundreds of dollars annually.
- Supported implementation of green building standards for corporate operations during multi-million dollar renovation project.
Environmental Project Manager Resume Sample 10
- Oversaw the successful creation of a new recycling program for bottled water production.
- Participated in an EPA-funded campaign against illegal dumping by local industry; increased enforcement levels by 50%.
- Proven ability to gather information on issues, proposed solutions, and feedback from all stakeholders.
- Completed five hours of approved continuing education pertaining to environmental law.
- Achieved recognition as “Exceptional Representation Awards” winner for ensuring client satisfaction with municipal contracts for solid waste management.
Environmental Project Manager Resume Sample 11
- Introduced a web-based system for tracking and reporting environmental data of large firms to improve procedure efficiency.
- Managed the scheduling of daily activities to ensure projects were completed according to schedule.
- Received award from Environmental Protection Agency for outstanding performance in the reduction of toxic waste disposal.
- Implemented innovative ideas, such as reusing materials and avoiding excessive printing, which saved our company over $8,000 last year.
- Decreased paper usage by introducing an electronic filing system that increased efficiency and minimized filing cabinet space.
Environmental Project Manager Resume Sample 12
- Administered $5,000,000 of yearly revenue in 2012.
- Effectively managed the day-to-day operations of 12 person staff conducting environmental air and water testing.
- Implemented new reporting procedures saving company 30% on costs while maintaining high accuracy rates.
- Attained several professional certifications including Hazardous Material Worker, Water Testing Operator, and Title V Permit Writer. Qualified as administrator on State’s Emergency Response Team (ERT).
- Promoted to Project Manager for effective leadership successfully completing national contracts worth more than $40 million dollars.
Environmental Project Manager Resume Sample 13
- Submitted free of error public comment letters to the EPA, FDA, and other government agencies on behalf of local businesses addressing new rules and regulations.
- Identified medical waste disposal companies’ legal violations; generated reports reflecting over $8 million in uncollected fines.
- Documented environmental hazards for three landfills owned by one corporation; conducted ground inspections for hazardous materials at each company location.
- Collected signatures for neighborhood petition opposing business expansion based on fear of potential danger to citizens’ health.
- Established community service program that processed more than 350 tons of electronics destined for recycling or landfill free of charge to non-profit organizations.
The educational requirements are a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, and the necessary certifications. Skills needed to do the job are attention to detail, ability to take samples, record keeping, being a quick learner, self-motivated, able to work without supervision, physically fit, and have good problem-solving skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.