Acupuncturists perform alternative medicine on patients. Their responsibilities include formulating herbal preparations, maintaining a detailed record of health care plans, assessing patients to make diagnoses, collecting medical history of patients, evaluating treatment outcomes, maintaining safety and environmental policies and procedures.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Acupuncturist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Acupuncturist resumes for your reference.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 1
- Assembled patient files and placed them in the correct filing cabinets; met filing deadline of the end of the day.
- Maintained patient waiting area; greeted, seated, and assisted patients.
- Provided overall support to the clinical staff; ensured overall satisfaction of patients, staff, and physicians.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with difficult people by civilly resolving complaints with patients’ families.
- Resolved conflict between patient and medical staff in a sensitive manner; explained rationale for physician’s decision.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 2
- Organized a free public event that was heavily attended by the community and offered free health assessments.
- Achieved a 40% increase in clientele after performing a health assessment for a senior citizen center.
- Prescribed the highest number of traditional Chinese herbs in my area of expertise, per month.
- Earned recognition from the American Herbalists Association for being one of the top natural remedies providers in Southern California.
- Wrote an article on natural remedies to provide support to local businesses about incorporating more natural medicine into their business plans.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 3
- Served clients in a professional manner; documented patient’s responses to treatment.
- Aided in the development of promotional materials by creating pamphlets and brochures.
- Presented at lectures and conferences to educate the public on the health benefits of Acupuncture.
- Trained other staff members; provided feedback on their progress.
- Recognized for outstanding performance; selected to represent Acupuncturists in North America at an International Conference in China.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 4
- Successfully administered acupuncture to patients; provided advice regarding diet and exercise.
- Trained as a Certified Acupuncturist; provided counseling to individuals and couples regarding health and wellness.
- Instructed as a licensed Acupuncturist for college students studying Oriental Medicine; instructed on the theory, application, and advanced clinical skills of safe and effective acupressure techniques.
- Prescribed Chinese herbal medicine formulas for day spa clients focusing on the promotion of health and the relief of symptoms associated with common complaints.
- Administered acupuncture to an American celebrity for the acute shoulder pain that was not responsive to the treatment of physical therapy.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 5
- Created treatment plans for each patient based on analysis of the patient’s condition.
- Visited each patient when necessary to complete the treatment plan.
- Experienced tremendous growth in treating patients in particular hot spots in the community; earned 100% customer satisfaction rating in diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up.
- Processed all bills, income tax returns, and signed tax documents for each patient.
- Worked cooperatively with the hospital administration to set adequate levels of staff needed to maintain excellent customer service.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 6
- Successfully managed the day-to-day operation of a small medical office.
- Became a nationally certified Acupuncturist with the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
- Won first place for new patients at the annual Super Bowl clinic contest.
- Was voted Best Acupuncturist by Newberg Magazine readers.
- Received an honor of recognition for exceptional patient care.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 7
- Certified for Acupuncture Therapy; successfully maintained certifications and licenses required by state and federal agencies.
- Proven professional skills; demonstrated ability to effectively treat patients with acupuncturist’s techniques (Patient’s survey results varied from excellent to very excellent)
- Achieved excellence level in educational experience; graduated top of the class with high grades at medical school.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service; handled medical practice management issues and obtained many referrals.
- Attained excellence level in business and financial management; successfully managed budgeting, pricing, and collection of payments for small businesses.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 8
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service to patients; learned names and preferences while discussing the patients’ medical history.
- Successfully performed over 500 acupuncture treatments; patient satisfaction statistics indicate that 97% of patients would recommend me to their family and friends.
- Learned various techniques of therapy; administered herbal moxibustion treatment, electro-acupuncture, cupping therapy, moxa sticks on fire, cupping glasses with vacuum suction, manual stimulation, guasha scraping therapy, laser therapy, infrared rays on jade stones on the back.
- Began monthly allowance for laundry (30 pieces): dried my own clothes, ironed clothes, began to keep a regular schedule of days off.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service; they would come back because their conditions were better.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 9
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to patient demographics and treatment history.
- Maintained professional appearance by observing timely servicing of medical specialists, order entry, and physician billing.
- Completed loans for individuals, couples, and families with terms as long as three-seven years on time and at the first opportunity.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to surgical procedures and oncological diagnoses.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 10
- Demonstrated superb IV skills; administered emergency medications and fluids; prepared solutions and mixtures; and sterilized equipment.
- Performed core functions of the department; for example, maintaining inventory, purchasing supplies, securing samples from providers, maintaining medical records in compliance with state regulations, and organizing files.
- Answered phones per professional standards; conversed with clients per professional standards.
- Utilized computer technology to expedite scheduling process by researching the availability of providers in real-time across the country in coordination with multiple departments.
- Achieved awards for exceeding call times per company policy regarding customer service and emergency services.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 11
- Prescribing methods of treatment, insurance benefits, and patient grievances.
- Maintained long-term relationships with private practice physicians.
- Received award for marketing skills; assisted in increasing clinic’s client base.
- Defined member benefits.
- Collaborated with the owner in identifying expansion opportunities in the community to serve patients that are underserved in traditional medical practices.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 12
- Accurately diagnosed patient’s condition through detailed history.
- Utilized precise acupuncture techniques to treat patients who suffered from digestive ailments, TMJ, FMS, chronic pain, anxiety, and depression.
- Effectively worked on treating patients with over 20 years of experience in the medical field, many of the chiropractors.
- Spent about three months teaching others on specialized techniques of acupuncture. Taught five classes in two days spanning more than four hours each time.
- Receiving certification by one of the nation’s top acupuncturist associations. To date, I have performed over 6300 acupuncture treatments on myself and others without complications.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 13
- Achieved the status of Certified Professional Acupuncturist.
- Participated in clinical practice according to the guidelines for licensing.
- Provided professional services according to the guidelines of the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
- Achieved recognition as an outstanding practitioner by knowledgeable peers in the national awards program administered by AMTA.
- Administering medical services in accordance with the standards for professional practice in the state of California.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 14
- Prescribe acupuncture according to client needs.
- Conduct acupuncture sessions with the client on schedule.
- Maintain personal records of client progress.
- Review client’s current medical history for new ailments, injuries, etc.
- Provide education or referrals to other health care professionals or resources for further assistance if needed.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 15
- Received certification in acupuncture from the National Certification Board of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
- Posted an average monthly income of $4,500.
- Attended acupuncture conferences and seminars.
- Preformed live clinical sessions for other practitioners in the field. “Invited” to be a guest acupuncturist on other practitioners’ live performance shows.
- Receive general medical visits from patients who have been referred by Dr.’s offices, clinics, and hospitals.
Acupuncturist Resume Sample 16
- Practiced Oriental Medicine in a holistic manner; treating the entire patient, including physical, mental, and spiritual well-being.
- Conducted consultations and examinations; prescribed dietary and herbal supplements.
- Evaluated patients; offered treatments based on diagnosis, the severity of illnesses, and emotional stress.
- Mentored students through didactic and clinical training; provided instruction in diagnosis and treatment protocols for Oriental Medicine.
- Earned Distinction for an innovative approach to treating migraines; developed a unique blend of medicinal herbs which reduced the frequency of headaches from 10 days per month to one day per month.
To work as an Acupuncturist, a Master’s degree in Acupuncture is required and becoming licensed by taking the Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine exam. To be a successful Acupuncturist, one must have excellent critical thinking skills, active listening, decision-making, communication skills, written skills, time management, and problem-solving skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Acupuncturist Resume Samples
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 1
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 2
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 3
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 4
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 5
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 6
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 7
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 8
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 9
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 10
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 11
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 12
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 13
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 14
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 15
- Acupuncturist Resume Sample 16
- Wrap Up