A Dialysis RN is a registered nurse who supervises and performs dialysis on patients with kidney disease. Their duties include caring for wounds, inserting catheters, inserting IV lines, administering medications, performing CPR, drawing blood, and interpreting EKG’s.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Dialysis Rn Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Dialysis Rn resumes for your reference.
Dialysis RN Resume Sample 1
- Intensively trained to prepare patients for hemodialysis treatments; responsibility included the use of dialysis equipment, blood draws, and diagnostic testing.
- Administered emergency treatment to patients experiencing life-threatening events; worked with team members to prepare emergency kits containing medications and equipment.
- Effectively treated patients with medical emergencies; led a team of staff members in providing care for trauma victims.
- Installed new dialysis machines as needed; ensured that accurate operating instructions were available at all times.
- Actively searched for patient contact information so that follow-up appointments could be made in a timely manner.
Dialysis RN Resume Sample 2
- Provided exemplary service, improving patient care through coordinating interdisciplinary teams and working directly with patients and families.
- Achieved award for exceeding patient satisfaction survey, assessed by patients and families.
- Received award for exceptional performance in procedures performed during dialysis treatments; recognized by Endocrinologist and Nephrologist.
- Trained new Dialysis Technicians and RNs to provide the highest quality care and service to patients.
- Provided RN supervision for new Dialysis Technicians.
Dialysis RN Resume Sample 3
- Demonstrated a strong ability to effectively communicate with patients and their families, doctors, school personnel, and other hospital staff; provided educational opportunities for patients and their families.
- Planned and coordinated care of patients with chronic diseases who required dialysis.
- Developed new treatment plans, including diet and exercise modifications, procedures to offset the malfunctioning of various systems, recommendations for alternative therapies, as well as referrals to outside agencies when necessary.
- Evaluated patients’ progress on treatment plans by monitoring blood work at regular intervals.
- Planned patient education through an individualized approach that included diet modification, medication administration instruction, and follow-up support.
Dialysis RN Resume Sample 4
- Effectively interpreted and solved real-life problems for my patients using a problem-solving approach. Solved problems by educating them, informing them, and helping them cope.
- Received excellent grades on end-of-life discussions with patients during my nursing career as a certified nurse.
- Received award for years of service as an RN; directly interacted with patients on a daily basis in the hospital setting through phone calls, patient visits, and direct patient care.
- Initiated the development of the Native American Department, which resulted in increased funding for the department due to increased business generated through referrals from existing businesses on which we had helped. This led to more technology and staff to improve patient care.
- Received outstanding quality award; interacted with the office manager and the patients accurately and effectively.
Dialysis RN Resume Sample 5
- Diagnosed patients in order to follow specific treatment plans, avoiding infections.
- Monitored patient reactions to prescribed medications and implemented changes when needed.
- Developed a treatment plan that produced the desired results; set up different therapy protocols for individual patients based on the action of their bodies.
- Performed procedures such as dialysis, blood transfusions, and IVs faster than national standards for each area.
- Maintained a strict “no excuses” policy; worked with many different medical teams such as surgeons, anesthesiologists, and physicians regarding procedures.
Dialysis RN Resume Sample 6
- Consistently exceeded performance expectations, achieving 95% in both evaluated patient interactions and overall job performance.
- Supervised five technicians to handle a caseload of more than 50 patients per day. Implemented organizational changes to avoid spread among technicians of workload related to the preparation of solutions, thereby increasing efficiency and productivity.
- Ensured that intravenous (IV) solutions are prepared in accordance with specified standards, state and federal laws; initiated practice recommendations that resulted in improved patient care and lower costs for the hospital.
- As acting head nurse, prepared reports and placed orders for supplies; supervised daily operation of infusion department.
- Developed a new management plan and implemented policies, procedures, and systems expected to result in cost savings of $25,000 per year.
Dialysis RN Resume Sample 7
- Actively participated in the organization’s Quality Improvement Program (QIP) for two consecutive years.
- Was reviewed by the Director of Quality Improvement; recognized for being a motivator and high performer within the unit.
- Adhered to all quality standards, thereby adhering to individual goals and contributing to units as a whole.
- Participated in mentoring activities with nurses who had more experience than I did on my unit.
- Arranged follow-up visits with patients who were new patients and helped with patient education, care planning, and providing education regarding tests and procedures.
Dialysis RN Resume Sample 8
- Interacted with 15-20 patients per day; evaluated patient’s medical history and provided treatment in accordance with an approved plan.
- Administered medications prescribed by the physician to correct ailments; evaluated effectiveness of medications.
- Developed a plan for patient care based on a needs assessment and appropriate follow-up response to patient questions.
- Met or exceeded performance goals set by the Director of Nursing, including call plans, time frames, treatment plans, and satisfaction surveys.
- Achieved exceptional rating as one of the top nurses in the program; greeted patients upon their arrival, inquired about the current condition, and provided effective care to them within established guidelines permitting me to properly meet their needs.
Dialysis RN Resume Sample 9
- Provided efficient and professional care to dialysis patients; met or exceeded nursing care standards.
- Became a patient advocate upon joining the team; earned staff members’ trust through positive patient communication and record-keeping.
- Adhered to company policies by taking initiative with upcoming changes (e.g., guidelines for X-ray technicians, guidelines for the development of new procedures); received appreciation from medical directors and nursing staff.
- Earned award for excellence in cardiac documentation; successfully documented procedures/conditions/diagnoses and results as required by law.
- Earned appreciation as the dialysis department’s Team Collaboration Leader; ensured that all staff members work together to maintain a positive working environment.
Dialysis RN Resume Sample 10
- Establish a relationship with patients and their families, providing patient education and support.
- Maintain excellent professional relationships with physicians, assisting in the diagnosis of patients and their treatment plans.
- Organize patient scheduling in a timely manner, achieving the highest level of service to patients.
- Maintain compliance with infection control and safety standards as mandated by Medicare guidelines. coordination of health care for hospitalized patients.
- Provide holistic services to preserve, protect and promote the health of the patient. Maintain knowledge of vital signs.
Dialysis RN Resume Sample 11
- Performed 17 weekly patient visits.
- Measured blood pressure, performed crural injections, administered medicine, and provided bathes.
- Provided medical treatment and instruction to patients of all ages in a professional manner.
- Adhered to established policies at work, including failing no one and always working with the patients first before following any others’ directions or instruction.
- Removed hair from shaved areas while wearing a sterile gown and cap; provided prophylactic injections and surgery as directed by doctors.
Dialysis RN Resume Sample 12
- Achieved the highest rating for patient satisfaction, receiving a perfect score.
- Received superior service award for long hours and multiple walk-in patients.
- Demonstrated competence in all areas of nursing, meeting criteria required to promote to Senior Staffing Manager level.
- Earned the highest rating on team inpatient care and Focused On The Patient awards; promoted to Interventional Med/PACU RN, then to Staffing Manager.
- Received outstanding quality award; promoted to Director of Operations, then VP of Operations. Senior Staffing Manager at HCR ManorCare facility.
Dialysis RN Resume Sample 13
- Provided in-dialysis nursing services to patients with diabetes, hypertension, infectious diseases, and renal failure as instructed by physicians.
- Acted as a patient advocate by inquiring about symptoms and treatments; creating a comforting environment.
- Conducted pre-dialysis procedures such as obtaining blood work, vital signs, height, and weight measurements.
- Managed post-dialysis treatment by assisting with insertion of IV lines when prescribed.
- Achieved exceptional scores in all clinical evaluations on forms submitted by physicians.
Educational requirements to be a dialysis RN are either an associate’s degree or a bachelor’s degree in nursing, and passing the RN licensure exam; many nurses take additional courses to become certified nephrology nurses. A dialysis RN must demonstrate these skills: competency, ability to be a team player, patience, communication skills, friendliness, empathy, compassion, physical strength.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Dialysis Rn Resume Samples
- Dialysis RN Resume Sample 1
- Dialysis RN Resume Sample 2
- Dialysis RN Resume Sample 3
- Dialysis RN Resume Sample 4
- Dialysis RN Resume Sample 5
- Dialysis RN Resume Sample 6
- Dialysis RN Resume Sample 7
- Dialysis RN Resume Sample 8
- Dialysis RN Resume Sample 9
- Dialysis RN Resume Sample 10
- Dialysis RN Resume Sample 11
- Dialysis RN Resume Sample 12
- Dialysis RN Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up