An Admissions Specialist works to attract prospective students to their school. Their duties include using databases to track potential students, creating partnerships with community organizations, using telemarketing to reach prospective students, providing information to students, guiding students through the admissions process, answering student questions, and conducting student interviews.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Admissions Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Admissions Specialist resumes for your reference.
Admissions Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Performed a variety of duties in a fast-paced sales environment under the direct supervision of a sales supervisor.
- Was involved in the hiring and advancement of employees, assisting in all aspects of organizational promotion, both internally and externally.
- Received superior performance award for strong work ethic, strong customer service skills, and the ability to maintain an outgoing personality within a fast-paced industry.
- Executed day-to-day administrative responsibilities to include processing admittance/acceptance forms for new students and incoming staff. Coordinated with other departments to obtain necessary departmental signatures in support of Admissions standards by following established procedures.
- Managed and implemented systems for departmental financial reporting and trade-related documents and forms.
Admissions Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Recruited and developed a foreign student recruitment program for a private college in the U.S. by conducting an eight-week summer program for over 50 students.
- Oversaw and coordinated admissions activities for college/adult education divisions within a private company, such as processing admissions materials such as essays, evaluations, and letters of recommendation (LOR).
- Translated into English that which had been translated into Spanish; motivated staff to translate documents from Chinese to English; and validated documents from foreign embassies.
- Developed training programs to improve recruitment efforts and enhance recruiting skills for new staff members.
Admissions Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Assigned to the title of Administrative Assistant, where she provided support for staff members’ personal and professional growth.
- Initiated program for staff members’ professional development.
- Facilitated annual departmental staff retreats.
- Served as lead coordinator for multicultural activities at university-wide level.
- Co-organized university-wide conference on international development where participants represented ten nations.
Admissions Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Provided quality customer service to prospective students through face-to-face, phone, and e-mail experiences.
- Introduced new admission processes, policies, and procedures which increased office efficiency by 50% while decreasing costs by 60%.
- Updated office records of high school seniors to ensure the staff was meeting the needs of current students.
- Learned new computer programming skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook Express, Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Photoshop 7.0and FrontPage 2003 to permanently replace antiquated applications.
- Grew interpersonal relationship between colleagues by finding similarities in preferences for music and movies as well as shared life experiences.
Admissions Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Recognized, awarded highest honors for time management, accuracy, and overall performance.
- Recruited staff for a new office.
- Managed the admissions department budget by implementing evidence-based document review techniques.
- Created an improved process for data entry to monitor staff progress towards goal completion dates. *gained Supervisor’s approval*
- Served as a mentor to staff with special needs by preparing them for employment opportunities within the organization. Received employee of the month award from higher authorities.
Admissions Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Reviewed, evaluated, and managed the results of an on-line admissions system for a private college.
- Replicated on-line admissions system for another private college through several new user communities.
- Continued to improve and optimize the use of an on-line admission system to recruit students for admission to a private liberal arts college.
- Designed and implemented processes found in well-established software applications such as Crystal Reports and Salesforce.com.
- Created highly complex e-commerce systems to meet complex cataloging requirements, improve search capabilities, and provide users with faster access to products.
Admissions Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Interviewed and admitted over 50% of school applicants in advanced mathematics.
- Recruited corporate finance majors into the accounting program at a percentage of 80%.
- Awarded high numbers for academic performance and mentor to the incoming Accounting and Finance class.
- Established an outstanding record of work and responsibility, resulting in a customer appreciation award for outstanding customer service to the business community.
- Received the certificate of appreciation from the company for outstanding service; honored by Counseling Center as one of top three student representatives.
Admissions Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Admitted over 300 students to technical programs of study that met state requirements.
- Administering/coordinating travel arrangements for over 100 applicants with disabilities.
- Educated the individuals under my supervision on policies and procedures for their position, job functions, etc.
- Preparing resumes for interviews at the school.
- Closely monitored the school’s budget and procedures.
Admissions Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Operated admissions office for high school, college, and university.
- Developed software to promote student retention.
- Reviewed applications for approximately 500 students, providing recommendations to the dean of admissions.
- Managed the development of a new admissions application that was successfully tested by ninety-one percent of admitted students.
- Instructed admitted students how to adequately research their potential educational institutions for success to attend during three campuses’ orientation programs.
Admissions Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Mastered the computer to perform the most advanced functions without error.
- Handled over 70,000 transactions daily; reviewed, input, and assigned all required data, forms, and documents.
- Responsible for maintenance of Computerized Admissions System (CAS) data base including document verification document indexing, filing tracking system for several agencies, and uploading of enrollment data into CAS.
- Recognized as “Outstanding Worker” by supervisor; received monthly bonuses for excellent performance.
- Received “Good or Excellent” annual appraisal review based on meeting agency standards; over-all performance over-arching all duties was rated excellent.
Admissions Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Performed duties as contact person for all high school transcripts; contacted every local high school each month to obtain transcripts, test scores, and records pertaining to college applicants.
- Exemplified outstanding knowledge of admissions policies and practices; answered more than 500 phone calls, personally attended more than 500 students’ college fairs.
- Assisted in the development of brochures, presentations, workshops; practiced exceptional customer service; effectively conducted campus tours for prospective students.
- Recognized as top-performing office worker; was nominated for recognition by peers and superiors.
- Promoted to the top-performing office worker; was recognized by peers and superiors for outstanding work performance.
Admissions Specialist Resume Sample 12
- Achieved stellar performance and high quality standards of care at a state accredited facility.
- Collaborated with faculty and administration, as well as patients and staff, to implement procedural changes.
- Provided positive role models for the entire facility by demonstrating professionalism and success in admissions, social work, pharmacy, and case management.
- Maintained office productivity standards; took initiative in resolving issues with insurance carriers.
- Met all expected standards of conduct and ethics; successfully completed continuing education requirements.
Admissions Specialist Resume Sample 13
- Achieved working knowledge of SPSS, Word, Excel, and Power Point programs.
- Demonstrated experience with high school and college applications while maintaining the high standards of the College Admissions Office.
- Recognized by administrative peers for effective training on new software programs.
- Met with president on a regular basis to discuss applications of the college admissions process to increasing applicant pool.
- Educated prospective freshmen about college requirements while maintaining departmental budget guidelines.
To be an admissions specialist, most employers prefer someone with a bachelor’s degree; however, sometimes an associate’s degree with 3 to 5 years of experience in marketing is enough. Skills needed are organizational skills, experience with databases, communication skills, listening skills, interpersonal skills, proficiency with MS Office programs, and having presentation skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.