A studio manager works in journalism or communications, and runs the day to day operations required to keep the studio running smoothly. Duties performed by a studio manager include ensuring quality of projects, keeping everything on schedule, communicating with press and various vendors, managing personnel, hiring, training, and decision-making.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Studio Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Studio Manager resumes for your reference.
Studio Manager Resume Sample 1
- Oversaw booking of music acts and equipment; executed the studio agenda for optimal production.
- Managed three artists-in-residence in their working practices including instrumentation, rehearsal, and recording.
- Negotiated schedules and attended soundcheck sessions for two regional tours to support musicians; earned recognition from clients for exceptional customer service.
- Coordinated with venues and promotional companies in setting up live audio and video feeds to be recorded or broadcasted during concert performances.
- Formulated new collaborations between artistic disciplines through experimental projects such as film scoring at the Audio Department.
Studio Manager Resume Sample 2
- Managed inventory of sound equipment in over 50 productions, making creative decisions in the interest of completing projects within budget constraints.
- Oversaw studio operations on location in Gainesville, FL; helped create local Emmy Award-winning show for PBS.
- Initiated new policy directing studio supply purchases to be made through company credit card; saved $20,000 in seven months by managing purchasing responsibilities.
- Oversaw special events for major league baseball players, including pregame entertainment and post-game news conferences held at sports complex studio.
- Created, directed and implemented “Let’s Talk Baseball” community education program for local Little League teams; provided children with invaluable opportunity to learn from major league players.
Studio Manager Resume Sample 3
- Supervised the daily activities of the studio at all times.
- Coordinated and managed six-point directing team for large commercial client in which shoot lasted three days.
- Oversaw production company’s budget, preparing and maintaining record system and filing records and reports in a systematic and orderly manner.
- Promoted to position of Studio Supervisor after two years at agency; developed design skills using QuarkXpress 4.0, Photoshop 4.0 software programs.
- Earned award for dedication, hard work and commitment to achieving goals by meeting service deadlines.
Studio Manager Resume Sample 4
- Managed the operations of a $300,000 budget for each fiscal year.
- Promoted to Studio Manager by 2 years, 10 months.
- Increased studio audience by 20% after developing new promotional tactics; recognized internally with an award for outstanding performance.
- Achieved sales revenue goals through knowledge of production coordination; recognized with the highest possible rating (5-stars) on all customer satisfaction surveys.
- Won four local Telly awards after reformatting and revamping programming into more marketable & popular formats; accomplished during my first 8 months as Studio Manager, prior to responsibilities being transferred to another manager who continued this work with continued success.
Studio Manager Resume Sample 5
- Led the daily activities of a studio team to meet production deadlines on time and within budget.
- Managed a staff of six professional media producers, editors, and voiceover talent to produce quality videos for commercial clients.
- Directed the coverage of press conferences held by high-level executives from Fortune 500 companies as well as governmental agencies including city hall, state department, and White House officials.
- Developed dynamic strategies that increased viewership by 36% month over month during transition from main competitor as lead producer of newscast content.
- Improved brand awareness through development of an integrated marketing campaign that emphasized company’s messaging across all social channels overall Web traffic 27%.
Studio Manager Resume Sample 6
- Manage studio and direct all pre-production activities for television series: including: budgets, schedules, and negotiations.
- Direct, design, and produce TV series; make decisions concerning concept, content, and quality of production.
- Create new business from advertising companies by arranging promotional opportunities to increase awareness of company’s products or services via local channels or media outlets.
- Negotiated a rate increase with the local cable provider to a figure 40% higher than what was paid in previous years.
- Advise and direct and two-time Emmy award winning entertainment reporter on her choice of wardrobe, hairdo, and makeup.
Studio Manager Resume Sample 7
- Planned, organized and coordinated all studio operations for a morning radio show.
- Efficiently shifted between multiple jobs and projects to ensure success during set changes and commercial breaks.
- Developed innovative behind the scenes concepts that increased ratings and revenue by 33%.
- Trained and supervised staff of four; maintained positive relationships with guests; took initiative in order to help others when needed.
- Produced promotional videos, commercials, shows, and documentaries; created detailed storyboards; collaborated with clients on graphic design.
Studio Manager Resume Sample 8
- Managed studio operations for TV station, including equipment operation and staff scheduling.
- Increased viewership of children’s “how-to” programming by 30% during six months as news director.
- Revised outdated policies to increase profitability by 10%; honored for efforts at the Annual Meeting Banquet.
- Received numerous awards including two Best Editorial Columns Awards from the National Newspaper Association.
- Negotiated advertising contracts with local businesses; garnered financial support for promotional events including Fun Day Festival & Health Fair.
Studio Manager Resume Sample 9
- Oversaw 34 employees in the production of 148 studio-quality music videos, three live music concerts and one television sitcom.
- Selected as Music Video Producer of the Year after producing six successful music videos with an average of 40,000 viewers per video.
- Produced a concert event called “Christmas Time Is Here” which had nearly 900 people attend.
- Contributed to sales marketing efforts by creating marketing materials such as flyers and ads for newspaper and magazine distribution.
- Negotiated and contracted four young musicians for a nine-episode run on a hit television sitcom that was viewed by over ten million Americans.
Studio Manager Resume Sample 10
- Maximized studio space while implementing best practices in studio management, including equipment inventory and maintenance.
- Managed all aspects of studio rentals, both commercial and private events, including equipment arrangement, sound engineering, lighting, etc.
- Restructured calendar to accommodate increased demands for broadcast time via radio station’s online streaming portal.
- Spearheaded broadcast team by overseeing daily schedule leading up to broadcasts while attending guest speakers for pre-event interviews.
- Achieved regular audience growth across social media platforms by increasing audience engagement; recognized by the Board of Directors during annual meeting.
Studio Manager Resume Sample 11
- Managed an eight-person team in shooting, editing, marketing, and public relations for High Point’s only cable access studio.
- Recognized as one of four top managers in the company for quick thinking and actions which saved thousands of dollars for the company.
- Established a rapport with studio guests, booking ABC, NBC, and FOX affiliates plus Emmy Award-winning journalists from other agencies.
- Implemented strategic planning to establish a positive relationship between station executives and university administration.
- Trained university students in studio operation procedures; managed non-linear video editing equipment for live broadcast productions.
Educational requirements include a degree in journalism, communications, or a similar field. Necessary skills and qualities include excellent written and verbal communication, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to multitask, management skills, strong attention to detail, time management, as well as the ability to organize and orchestrate.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.