Admission clerks generally work in schools or medical offices, and are responsible for the admission of new patients or students based on personal information. Duties of an admission clerk can include collecting personal information, reviewing information, distributing new patient/student forms, scheduling appointments, communicating with other professionals, and various other office tasks.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Admission Clerk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Admission Clerk resumes for your reference.
Admission Clerk Resume Sample 1
- Worked in a high-volume admissions office to ensure all students, faculty, and staff were properly admitted.
- Achieved certification in assisting students with special needs by the state of Colorado for my work in a special education program for children with autism spectrum disorders.
- Recognized by the Colorado State Board of Education for outstanding contributions to a schoolwide alternative learning program.
- Nominated by multiple academic departments as an outstanding teacher assistant; responsible for creating and facilitating formative assessment items.
- Selected from tenured faculty members to contribute to a national education conference presentation on nurturing creativity among gifted students.
Admission Clerk Resume Sample 2
- Registered students for upcoming semesters, creating daily reports/tables.
- Maintained registration records by entering all pertinent data pertaining to students.
- Assessed special needs of students by meeting or exceeding compliance guidelines.
- Answered numerous questions regarding the registration process, explaining policies and procedures in a non-judgmental manner.
- Maintained security of confidential student records by following Federal and State guidelines.
Admission Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Admitted approximately 25 students per week into a school that has been nationally recognized by Newsweek as one of the top 100 high schools in the country.
- Provided orientation to new students and their parents, based on a presentation given by a state department official.
- Received credit for revising the high school’s computerized registration system to accommodate changes in state policy.
- Wrote entrance exam for new student orientation, incorporating information from all departments involved in the process.
- Collaborated with administrators, counselors, and high school support staff to determine the best strategies to ensure students successfully completed Level 1 classes.
Admission Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Handled a high volume of student inquiries and maintained 100% accuracy rate in processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Responsible for updating historical admissions data, such as class years, past student activities, and general information.
- Created a college-wide web page where prospective students could view an online video about the school or access a virtual campus tour.
- Led department in creating an online newsletter where parents could review news and events for their particular grade level and receive notification about upcoming school events.
- Managed incoming and outgoing finances; used software to generate financial reports.
Admission Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Relied on the ability to handle pressure and multi-tasking to process and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Recognized as an outstanding performer and highly respected by all employees; hand-delivered computer equipment to customers; promoted into a supervisory position.
- Developed leadership skills that earned the respect of employees; became a representative for employees who had been retained against their will through personal relationships.
- Awarded recognition for excellence in customer service; successfully handled basic skills of job analysis, determination of tasks, and transfer of knowledge to new hires.
- Earned award for significant contributions to the company; placed in charge of supervisors.
Admission Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Provided information to visitors concerning new students, programs, and policies; maintained accurate student records.
- Researched available housing for summer students; coordinated internship opportunities with the dean.
- Arranged accommodations for out-of-town guests visiting campus; coordinated conference bookings.
- Initiated special events, such as the Academic Achievement Award Luncheon and Alumni Banquet.
- Obtained permission of requests for space used by all academic departments on campus.
Admission Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Accepted an application for new graduate school placement.
- Organized student files of applicants for new graduate school placement.
- Achieved an award for the superior quality of work.
- Received outstanding quality award for the superior quality of work.
Admission Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Processed signed admissions into school programs.
- Efficiently investigated discrepancies while processing applications for admission into the university while adhering to university guidelines.
- Determined if prospective students met criteria set by the institution of higher learning.
- Achieved customer satisfaction awards for outstanding performance.
- Maintain accurate information regarding bank loans received, rejected, approved, rejected with an explanation, or rejected without explanation.
Admission Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Memorized and relayed messages to and from telephone callers; proficiently answered incoming telephone calls and transferred callers as instructed.
- Provided assistance with admissions forms for new students; recorded pertinent admission information such as prospect’s name, address, email address, phone number, and birth date.
- Accurately accessed and read information from a database to determine if a prospect was eligible for a particular program.
- Adhered to student privacy by processing confidential student information.
- Completed procedures in a timely manner including proofing collateral documents.
Admission Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Accurately resolved customer issues within the time frame set by the branch.
- Achieved 5% increase in productivity per headcount; managed phone queues for all branches.
- Cleaned and maintained the lobby area of the branch to include, but not limited to, organizing mail, sweeping low areas, and replacing shrubbery.
- Instilled a sense of pride in fellow employees by providing constructive criticism on performance.
- Received award for excellence in customer service; effectively resolved inquiries regarding account transfers, withdrawal, or deposits hours.
Admission Clerk Resume Sample 11
- Received award for assisting admissions in processing initial applications.
- Improved the computerized admission services system by customizing forms, updating procedures, and enhancing online applications.
- Selected and maintained a positive and professional work environment by providing excellent customer service to students and parents.
- Outstanding quality award; assigned quality assurance responsibilities to employees on a regular basis; had the initiative to develop, expand and improve the business.
- Achieved recognition as an outstanding employee who had attained exceptional performance results by exceeding expectations of managers, peers, customers, and staff of the College.
Admission Clerk Resume Sample 12
- Recognized by the Vice President for outstanding performance.
- Received award for exceptional customer service; effectively prepared and submitted grant requests to grant agencies.
- Achieved award as a grant clerk; efficiently compiled data pertaining to grant requests and grant underwriting guidelines.
- Obtained supervisory skills as an admissions clerk; effectively monitored and supervised students picking up their school uniforms.
- Received excellent quality award; assisted the Human Resources Department in securing temporary employees for open positions in the area of admissions.
Admission Clerk Resume Sample 13
- Performed admission duties in an efficient manner; resolved issues and concerns of students, parents, and teachers.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service; effectively served the school’s diverse population of students, parents, and teachers while implementing new policies and procedures.
- Resolved over $4 million in tuition billing errors due to absence. Achieved award for exceeding all student billing requirements by 5% while working on a new computer system with no required training.
- Helped establish a new school record for admissions number by 30%; developed innovative methods to promote student interest in attending an alternative high school versus traditional high schools which increased enrollment by 20%.
- Helped establish three new school records by exceeding all student billing requirements, establishing new attendance policies, and significantly increasing the school’s parent involvement; implemented innovative methods to promote student interest in attending an alternative high school versus traditional high schools which increased enrollment by 20%.
Admission Clerk Resume Sample 14
- Achieved award for outstanding performance; successfully met performance standards for customer service and productivity.
- Received recognition as a Quality Award Winner; providing safe and accurate processing of documents, records, and materials.
- Obtained award for a job well done; demonstrated exceptional ability to perform duties; met performance standards.
- Promoted to monitor and assist in meeting production standards based on customer feedback and customer survey results.
- Received award for quality performance; effectively completed all assigned tasks in a timely manner.
Admission Clerk Resume Sample 15
- Received recognition for delivering outstanding service; answered questions and assisted customers by ascertaining information via telephone, face-to-face, typed correspondence, and e-mail.
- Met sales goals by obtaining new outlets for products.
- Achieved award for participation; adjusted prices to meet budget guidelines; negotiated loan packages with vendors.
- Received recognition for obtaining best prices; assigned discounts on a variety of items to attract new customers.
- Received praise as a “Snapper” achiever by using initiative and manipulating resources to avoid the loss of a bid on a project valued at over $50,000.
Educational requirements can range from high school diploma to a bachelor’s degree. Necessary skills to be an admission clerk include strong communication, computer skills, customer service skills, knowledge of required forms and paperwork, professional attitude, insurance knowledge, and also have good record keeping skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.