Making any kind of video production, whether it be a movie or a television show or a documentary, requires a great deal of people all working together beyond the actors to get everything done. The film crew is a key part of this, and they are the people who run the equipment behind the scenes of every production.
How to Become a Successful Film Crew?
- The degree requirements for this field typically settle around a bachelor’s or associate’s degree in drama or theater as well as a more technical program if you will be handling the equipment, but high competition in the movie industry means that having additional training and certifications will go a long way.
- Upon being hired you will likely begin as an assistant due to the highly technical nature of the equipment involved on set. From the cameras to the sound equipment to the special effects, movies require a lot of technical expertise, and someone more experienced will be there to help you learn the ropes.
- Due to the fact that many movies and shows are filmed in location, you need to be prepared to travel and move equipment to places that are sometimes quite out of the way, and this will require you to be very careful. Equipment is expensive, and the film crew always needs to keep track of it.
Keeping your equipment in good order is also important because nonfunctional equipment can slow down production and waste a lot of money. Keeping everything clean and following the rules for maintenance will make you reliable and also make it much easier for you to get your job done.
The Best Film Crew Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Film Crew resumes for your reference.
- Responsible for proper financial transactions which included safe keeping of legal tender and giving customers correct change for transactions.
- Engaged in interpersonal communication skills and hospitality skills to provide excellent customer service.
- Prepared safe and quality standard food in a hygienic and timely manner.
- Cleaned and maintained a sanitary and safe environment.
- Provided customers with information on ticket sales and specials through the promotion of weekly sales and marketing plans.
- Answered questions from guests to resolve concerns and conveyed necessary information to managers.
- Organized and managed food and drinks within concession area to complete customer purchases.
- Worked with fellow crew members to clean theaters in a timely manner.
- Used a cash register to handle sales of movie tickets and concession items in a noisy, fast-paced setting.
- Made sales pitches to customers in order to increase enrollment in the AMC rewards program.
- Carried out weekly hard and soft counts of inventory and entered data into the computer.
- Ensured that customers felt safe and comfortable, removing any disturbances to guests or violations of company policy.
- Maintain daily assigned position(s) and assist other employees, supervisors and guest as needed.
- Ensure guests are aware and benefit from the AMC Stubs program.
- Attend to guest questions and concerns to ensure a healthy and positive atmosphere.
- Sold movie tickets, concessions, and Rewards program memberships while maintaining a clean workspace.
- Learned irreplaceable customer service skills while encountering thousands at a top 10 national AMC location.
- Received several public commendations for selling 4X average sales expectancy in loyalty program sales.
- Achieved high sales of the theatre’s reward program at reduced price in summer 2015 (sold 102 membership programs between April and June).
- Engaged with guest about the theatre’s reward program, special offers and upselling popcorn/cup items to increase profits and repeat business from guest.
- Reevaluate and implemented various organization systems and task items in concessions area to complete various tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Responsibilities Helped customers with questions about items, stocked items on the floor, handled money, and opened and closed store.
- Accomplishments Reached sale goals, kept store tidy and clean, and customers left happy.
- Skills Used Excellent customer service, quick learner, and patience.
- Working register to ring up customers at concession stand and box office.
- Prepare hot foods in the concession stand with a deep fryer, popcorn machine and the grill.
- Cleaning concession stand and making sure all items are neatly displayed.
- Maintain everything including box office, lobby, concessions, theaters, bathrooms, and employee spaces.
- Prepare food and other concession items for current and future dates.
- Sell food and tickets while dealing with large amounts of money and guests.
- Sold and collected admission tickets and passes from patronsat entertainment events.
- Greeted patrons attending entertainment events.
- Examined tickets or passes verify authenticity, using criteria such as color and date issued.
- Guided patrons to exits or provided other instructions or assistance in case of emergency.
- Generated a very relaxed environment from the time the guest arrived, until the time they left.
- Produced a great number of promotional items by selling the benefits.
- Served as the “go to” guy, helping with whatever was needed no matter my training or my job title.
- Assured that all theaters were cleaned promptly so guest wouldn’t have to sit in a dirty theater.
- Generated many smiles by simply talking to any guest I was near to ensure their visit at the theater was a pleasant and memorable one.
- Collaborated with my team members to anticipate and accommodate guest’s needs in an orderly fashion.
- Successfully resolved guest complaints at Guest Services counter during peak hours of operation.
- Memorized details of AMC Stubs program to present to guests and meet company quotas/sales goals.