The Visual Merchandising Manager uses strategy to develop and create product advertisements. Their duties include arranging floor plans for retail stores, analyzing data to make changes as needed, developing market strategies, preparing signage for merchandise, developing presentations targeting increase in sales, monitoring competitors and monitoring customer profiles.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Visual Merchandising Manager resumes for your reference.
Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 1
- Provide direction on visual presentation to 90 associates from Sales, Special Events, and departments. Worked with associate relationship manager team to achieve 100% customer satisfaction survey ratings.
- Managed all phases of Super Bowl XLIII preparations. Directed the merchandising crew of sixteen including a new General Manager in a Herculean task, managing inventory for over 8500 sq. ft. area while setting up temporary structure and installing props for continuous operation of 9 retail locations during store closure due to remodel.
- Achieved award as store model department employee; consistently achieved 99% customer satisfaction ratings assigned by assigned management teams based upon mystery shopper evaluations relative to demonstrated knowledge of merchandise, service standards, store and department merchandising and presentation.
- Designed and presented a new store design, improving retail sales by 23%. Managed all phases of remodel including approval for change in merchandise presentation to increase sales volume.
- Earned recognition as one of the top five visual merchandising managers in company; recognized for innovative use of graphics, displays, fixtures, and layout to effectively communicate merchandise to customers.
Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 2
- Effectively managed the Shop Manager, assistant managers, and lead employees during peak hours of operation.
- Pioneered new processes for visual merchandising that increased the retail store’s annual sales by $250,000.
- Introduced “Window Watcher” promotion for cross-selling products through visual merchandising displays to drive incremental revenue for 5 consecutive years. Recognized as Retail Administrative Professional of the Year within company.
- Recognized by leadership team as Best Overall Visual Merchandiser in 2013; selected to represent company at regional conference based on recommendations from peers, managers, and leadership team members.
- Identified opportunities to fill gaps in order management process; expedited inventory replenishment process by 40% through the implementation of new procedures.
Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 3
- Evaluated and directed a team of eight employees in the reorganization of 15 retail outlets; reduced shrink by 18% each month during quarter two.
- Hired, trained and supervised five full-time employees; generated 50% growth in customer traffic to stores according to market analysis during fourth quarter.
- Examined business operations with daily cash flow analyses; increased gross revenue by 10%, net profit by 17%; achieved highest budgeted sales volume since store opening.
- Collaborated with district manager for performance incentives and outstanding results; launched new targeted campaigns for seasonal increase in non-sales related revenues.
- Held over eight regional managerial trainings on visual merchandising through field observation, critique, and guidance.
Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 4
- Managed over 50 associates, including all visual merchandising needs, scheduling of trade shows and displays, quality control of merchandise received into the store, visual merchandising standards for all departments.
- Oversaw planning, vendor production schedules and budgeting activities for Window Treatments department; resultantly contributed to increase in sales of $100K with 0% decline in margin.
- Developed communication skills to facilitate communication between management and employees by responding swiftly to requests made through voicemail or emails; resolved problems quickly before they became issues.
- Devised strategy that culminated in an 81% rise in net profit on new renovations for customer restrooms; used expertise both creatively and economically without sacrificing quality.
- Met productivity standards by encouraging associates to increase sales per customer per visit by 4% without sacrificing margin.
Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 5
- Coordinate, organize, and lead novice retail staff to develop their ability for success through customer service.
- Recruit new staff for over 80 stores by organizing the most successful hiring event in company history; received award for excellence in staffing management.
- Create visual merchandising displays at all company outlets; promoted creativity within merchandise organization standards.
- Developed retail standards of design; obtained recognition with mention on the cover page of Visual Merchandising Journal.
- Enhanced knowledge of music industry during tour of musical instrument retailers across eleven states.
Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 6
- Inspire customers to return for customer loyalty by increasing sales of key brands through visual display strategies.
- Hand selected by the director of marketing, recognized for promotion in performance review survey.
- Organized fashion show with over 200 participants; increased sales by 75% within three months after event’s date.
- Introduced new brands and merchandise awards to raise team morale through incentives programs.
- Created a positive atmosphere to build up store traffic by promoting holiday-themed displays during Black Friday weekend events.
Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 7
- Trained and supervised a staff of 12 to ensure the correct presentation of store products, execution of promotional events, and maintenance of all display fixtures.
- Spearheaded several new product introduction programs; increased sales by 10% over previous year’s average monthly statistics for both revenue and units sold.
- Oversaw design team for entire store launch; successfully introduced new floor plan layout and visual merchandising standards across all departments with zero errors identified by customers or employees during first month.
- Rated as top employee in company-wide customer satisfaction survey; inspired customers’ loyalty through superior service and unique product offerings that created an inviting shopping environment that exceeded their expectations.
- Selected as candidate for Manager in Training program, which is a pre-requisite for future promotion to Store Manager.
Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 8
- Managed corporate visual merchandising standards for 35 stores with a multi-million dollar in annual sales volume.
- Restored profit margins through effective use of stock rotation and controlling shrinkage due to shoplifting, employee theft, and vendor allowances.
- Developed store displays that generated 60 percent more in same-store sales volume than previous year’s distribution of comparable model products.
- Oversaw remodel operation costing over $120k to convert desolate building into a modern, efficient retail space containing fresh food, consumables, apparel, and easy accessibility by vehicle and foot traffic from four surrounding high schools.
- Created 50 new jobs for community residents when engaging team members interested in community outreach.
Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 9
- Motivate retail sales teams in an effort to increase sales; redesigned seven stores in three states.
- Coordinate Product Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, and Customer Service during the remodel of high-volume store; achieved noted success within 60 days.
- Initiated financial planning for retail locations after reviewing overhead costs that were running $20K over budget; implemented cost-saving measures including labor reduction through separation packages.
- Achieved above expected results after leading 80 employees in an effort to achieve “Top Sales” status among the top 200 Macy’s nationwide, resulting in 10% annual revenue gain at Orchard East Mall.
- Distinguished myself by delivering results on time, within budget requirements.
Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 10
- Lead visual presentations for the major retail chain to capture and maintain top-of- mind awareness against competitive brands.
- Exceeded sales goals by creating displays that stimulated customers’ interest in product offerings.
- Increased sales substantially through training employees on the essentials of consumer psychology, marketing strategies, and merchandising techniques.
- Achieved a thirty percent increase in sales through implementing schedule changes that enabled each customer to see every item from all departments without having to circle the store multiple times.
- Designed and produced visual displays for the opening of new stores; introduced the concept of an interactive environment.
To work as a Visual Merchandising Manager, 3-5 years of experience is often required. The Visual Merchandising Manager must demonstrate artistic skills, strong time management, organization, awareness for competition and industry changes, high attention to detail, dependability and be self-motivated to be successful in this role.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Samples
- Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 1
- Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 2
- Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 3
- Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 4
- Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 5
- Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 6
- Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 7
- Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 8
- Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 9
- Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up