These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Optician resumes for your reference.
- Ordering prescription lenses, adjusting glasses, and helping patients with all of their needs.
- Entering data in the computer and verifying patient insurance.
- Answering the telephone and representing the company in a professional and businesslike manner.
- Employed at a fashionable optical boutique recognized for delivering excellent customer service.
- Built personal relationship with patients yielding numerous referrals and repeat business.
- ssisted in testing for near and far acuity, depth perception, macula integrity, color perception and visual field.
- Prepared work order and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglassses.
- Filled ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fitted and adapted lenses and frames, utilizing written optical prescription.
- Evaluated prescription in conjunction with client’s vocational and avocational visual requirements.
- Determined patient’s current lens perscription when neccessary, using lensometer or lens analyzer and patient’s glasses.
- I sale and order lenses that are needed for the patients prescription and personal needs, making sure the patient is presented all of the options available to them.
- I take the measurements needed for patients glasses and make sure they are accurate.
- My other work duties include dispensing patients orders and performing any adjustments needed, maintenance and cleaning of the workspace and answering phone calls.
- Responsible for daily sales of eye wear such as contact lenses, spectacles, and sunglasses.
- Perform administrative and various clerical and financial duties, including billing insurances, maintaining and updating patient records and scheduling appointments.
- Work as the Optometrist assistant by performing pre- exam and glaucoma testing using medical equipment and instruments.
- Evaluate prescriptions in conjunction with clients’ visual requirements.
- Interpret prescriptions written by ophthalmologist and optometrist.
- Collect eye measurements including corneal width and thickness.
- Help the client select eyeglass and contact lenses and created work orders for lab tech.
- Measure, fit and adapt lenses and frames for client according to written optical prescription or specification.
- Measuring customers for size of eyeglasses and coordinating frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Preparing work order for optical laboratory containing instructions for mounting lenses in frames.
- I also have experience in fitting contact lenses and demonstrating to patients how to properly care for them.
- Administered the pre-screening of patients including refraction, visual field test, and glaucoma screening test.
- Inspected the accuracy of incoming orders to ensure cosmetic and prescription requirements.
- Cooperated with manager and optometrist to ensure the patient received the best care and satisfaction of needs and wants.
- Educated patients on the importance of regular eye exams and taking care of their eyewear.
- Greeted customers entering the store to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed.
- Described product to customers and accurately explained details and care of merchandise.
- Monitored cash drawers in multiple checkout stations to ensure adequate cash supply.
- Oversaw the day-to-day processing of payroll for 4 employees, including review of time sheets and computing pay in accordance with FLSA.
- Clerical duties such as filing, Data Entry, claiming insurance and answering phone calls.
- Providing Customer services such as explaining healthcare insurances and sales.
- Assembling and mounting lenses into frames or processes other optical elements.
- Adjust glasses to fit the customer’s needs, check jobs on lensometer and quality control the glasses, perform Rx troubleshoots, measure ocular center heights and segmentation heights, assist customers on purchasing frames and educating customers on lens materials for optional upgrades, and measuring pupillary distances.
- I help create sheets and forms for inventory usages to help keep track of inventory.
- Some days, I would do inventory counts and bench align glasses as well to ensure that our inventory of glasses are as presentable as possible.
- Maintaining a clean work environment is mandatory and organizing tools and equipment whenever necessary.
- Assisted clients to select eyewear; taking measurements; insert and remove contact lenses; and processed custom optical product orders.
- Responsible for all aspects of sales, ordering lenses and CL from labs; buying frames from vendors.
- Maintained telephone etiquette; greeted patients & responded to their queries; scheduled appointments; updated and maintained patient records.
- Coordinated with doctor and customers to select the correct products and provided the best sales options.
- Prepared work orders for 21 Century Optics and The Lenses Connection, and more.
- Marketed the office with unions such as local 306 and local 1 Stagehands and closed contracts for more sales.
- Assisted patients in frame selection according to facial, eye measurements and optical prescriptions.