Opticians work with customers to assist them in choosing eyeglass or contact lenses as well as ensuring that patients have a positive experience. Duties include measuring patient eyes for corrective lenses, adjusting lenses to ensure the best fit possible, demonstrating proper lens care and repair methods, and promoting a positive customer relationship. The top skills for this position are customer service, sales, product knowledge, and medical office procedures. An associate degree is required for this position.
The Best Optician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Optician resumes for your reference.
- Ordering prescription lenses, adjusting glasses, and helping patients with all of their needs.
- Entering data into the computer and verifying patient insurance.
- Answering the telephone and representing the company in a professional and businesslike manner.
- Employed at a fashionable optical boutique recognized for delivering excellent customer service.
- Built personal relationships with patients yielding numerous referrals and repeat business.
- assisted in testing for near and far acuity, depth perception, macula integrity, color perception, and visual field.
- Prepared work orders and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
- Filled ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fitted and adapted lenses and frames, utilizing written optical prescriptions.
- Evaluated prescription in conjunction with client’s vocational and avocational visual requirements.
- Determined patient’s current lens prescription when necessary, using lensometer or lens analyzer and patient’s glasses.
- I sell and order lenses that are needed for the patient’s prescription and personal needs, making sure the patient is presented with all of the options available to them.
- I take the measurements needed for patients’ glasses and make sure they are accurate.
- My other work duties include dispensing patients’ orders and performing any adjustments needed, maintaining and cleaning the workspace, and answering phone calls.
- Prepared customers for eyeglass and contact lens examinations, by discussing eye and medical conditions.
- Initiated contact lens fittings following medical review of prescription, visual acuity, and distance power.
- Responsible for daily sales of eyewear such as contact lenses, spectacles, and sunglasses.
- Perform administrative and various clerical and financial duties, including billing insurances, maintaining and updating patient records, and scheduling appointments.
- Work as the Optometrist assistant by performing pre-exam and glaucoma testing using medical equipment and instruments.
- Evaluate prescriptions in conjunction with clients’ visual requirements.
- Prescribed ophthalmic lenses using trial frames and lenses representative of patients’ needs.
- Interpret prescriptions written by ophthalmologists and optometrists.
- Collect eye measurements including corneal width and thickness.
- Help the client select eyeglass and contact lenses and created work orders for the lab tech.
- Assisted patients in selecting frames by skillfully explaining frame features to improve durability, appearance, comfort, and value.
- Coordinated with optical lab regarding daily lens inventory; prepared lenses for delivery to the lab.
- Measure, fit and adapt lenses and frames for clients according to written optical prescription or specification.
- Measuring customers for the size of eyeglasses and coordinating frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Preparing work order for optical laboratory containing instructions for mounting lenses in frames.
- I also have experience in fitting contact lenses and demonstrating to patients how to properly care for them.
- Demonstrated the ability to maintain a stable, 100% office-hours workload while effectively managing multiple patients.
- Administered the pre-screening of patients including refraction, visual field test, and glaucoma screening test.
- Inspected the accuracy of incoming orders to ensure cosmetic and prescription requirements.
- Cooperated with manager and optometrist to ensure the patient received the best care and satisfaction of needs and wants.
- Educated patients on the importance of regular eye exams and taking care of their eyewear.
- Developed an individualized plan of action for each patient based on a thorough medical history and eye exam.
- Greeted customers entering the store to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed.
- Described products to customers and accurately explained details and care of merchandise.
- Monitored cash drawers in multiple checkout stations to ensure adequate cash supply.
- Oversaw the day-to-day processing of payroll for 4 employees, including review of timesheets and computing pay in accordance with FLSA.
- Adhered to strict professionally recommended standards of practice and ethical behavior.
- Clerical duties such as filing, Data Entry, claiming insurance, and answering phone calls.
- Providing Customer services such as explaining healthcare insurances and sales.
- Assembling and mounting lenses into frames or processes other optical elements.
- Achieved 100% patient satisfaction on annual survey rating with the most enthusiastic responses from all categories of patients.
- Recruited several new clients owing to excellent service, especially for the local veterans who were returning home from the Iraq war and needed glasses.
- Adjust glasses to fit the customer’s needs, check jobs on lensometer and quality control the glasses, perform Rx troubleshoots, measure ocular center heights and segmentation heights, assist customers in purchasing frames and educate customers on lens materials for optional upgrades, and measure pupillary distances.
- I help create sheets and forms for inventory usage to help keep track of inventory.
- Some days, I would do inventory counts and bench aligns glasses as well to ensure that our inventory of glasses is as presentable as possible.
- Maintaining a clean work environment is mandatory and organizing tools and equipment whenever necessary.
- Used state-of-the-art technology to measure customer distance vision, frame size, and lens work prescriptions.
- Assisted clients to select eyewear; took measurements; inserted and remove contact lenses; and processing custom optical product orders.
- Responsible for all aspects of sales, ordering lenses and CL from labs; buying frames from vendors.
- Maintained telephone etiquette; greeted patients & responded to their queries; scheduled appointments; updated and maintained patient records.
- Coordinated with doctors and customers to select the correct products and provide the best sales options.
- Recognized by the Occupational Health Nurse for maintaining a clean working environment; received award as “Best Looking Practice” in the district.
- Prepared work orders for 21 Century Optics and The Lenses Connection, and more.
- Marketed the office with unions such as local 306 and local 1 Stagehands and closed contracts for more sales.
- Assisted patients in frame selection according to facial, eye measurements, and optical prescriptions.
- Achieved outstanding recognition for helping customers find the right selection of frames; recognized with a customer service award while in training.
- Resolved conflicts between patients and salespersons; earned customer appreciation award by assisting the sales team in cooperation.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.