Payroll specialists are responsible for ensuring that employees’ salaries and benefits are calculated accurately. This position requires strong mathematical skills, comfort with using Excel spreadsheets, and the ability to process multiple tasks at once. A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is beneficial but not required when applying for this position. Other requirements include having at least two years of experience in payroll work and being able to handle diverse tasks under pressure.
The Best Payroll Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Payroll Specialist resumes for your reference.
- Responsible for accurate changes and set up of employee records consisting of but not limited to; rate changes, 401K allocations, health benefits, life insurance, taxes, etc.
- Daily interaction with Accounting and Procurement departments, and corporate office.
- Completion of various requests regarding involuntary deductions i.e. child support payments, levies, garnishments, bankruptcies, and wage verification to State and Federal agencies.
- Transmission to various institutions for direct deposits, 401K, taxes, child support, and other involuntary deductions as well as daily interaction with institutions regarding confirmation of deposit and issue resolution.
- Developed consolidated reports from multiple computers to effectively meet departmental and client reporting requirements.
- Answered questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, and other pertinent information.
- Examined employees’ files to answer inquiries and provide information for personal actions.
- Prepared to maintain and in some cases create reports in conjunction with payroll and HR.
- Serves as a resource to company employees regarding payroll/HR-related questions and issues.
- Reconciled daily bank deposits, cash, and checks; prepared the financial section for the audio files.
- Responsible for the compilation and input of payroll transaction types and changes into a computerized payroll system.
- Reconciliation of payroll entries and records to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- The payroll process includes salary, hourly, overtime, incentives, allowances, bonus, and others as needed.
- Calculates earnings from timesheets or other records, and determines state /federal related withholding and deductions based on government regulations.
- Collaborated with auditors for the performance of audits and adhered to GAAP guidelines.
- Managed highly confidential information on a daily basis and set up benefits and 401(k) files for employees.
- Responsible for the process of child support payments, taxes, garnishments, and worker’s compensation for the employees in the company.
- Processed general ledger updates, reporting, and overtime calculations.
- Responsible for the training of new employees on the accounting principles and company procedures.
- Provided support for payroll changes in compliance with IRS regulations.
- Contact and assists clients with payroll input; verify totals and resolve client issues.
- Maintains base of payroll clients on products for assigned clients in order to meet client payroll.
- Contact clients daily according to set schedules in order to obtain payroll data, including salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations, and employee deductions or adjustments.
- Process garnishments which include child support, tax levies, student loans, etc.
- With success, led an initiative to automate the data system process through employee training and management input from each department.
- Prepared and processed multi-state payroll and all related administration including documentation and file maintenance using Ultipro and later converted to Kronos.
- Showed reasonable judgment and determines when an employee issue and/or request and/or question should be elevated to management.
- Communicated with employees in a timely manner regarding payroll questions while preparing and processing payroll.
- Performed quality checks on payrolls to ensure they were entered correctly according to their specific employee protocols (this may include deductions, manually calculated handling fees, and tax adjustments).
- Reviewed timecards for hourly employees, ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Coordinate with Outsourced Service Provider regarding all policies, programs, and processes related to payroll.
- Interface with Total Rewards Center of Excellence (COE) to identify and address any administrative needs related to global compensation and benefits programs.
- Interface with payroll and benefits vendors, to ensure compliance with established procedures.
- Assess the delivery impact of any HR Management Policy changes, regulatory or compliance changes that may have on the service provider and BMS Payroll operations.
- Implemented a new tracking system for a large project, resulting in a 7% reduction in payroll processing costs.
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly, monthly, and semi-monthly payroll for over 1400 physicians and nurses (within multi-states).
- Analysis and evaluation of complex technical payroll procedures, controls, and information and documentation systems.
- Supports processing and maintenance of payroll records in accordance with policies and procedures, informed Human Resources management of issues related to employee relations within the division of property as well as respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Provide technical support and advice in the maintenance and support of the company payroll systems encompassing areas such as salary and wage payments, deductions, time-reporting, sub-contractor processes, workers’ compensation, and related areas.
- Restored system functionality after an EEOC investigation and successfully satisfied the request of a government inspector.
- Ensure accuracy of consultant pay, client billing, invoicing, contact and benefits.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Processed rehires, transfers, terminations, garnishments, and withholdings.
- Reviewed, investigated, and corrected errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Accomplished detailed analysis of payroll cost data and delivered audit-ready results to the audit engagement team.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Provide customer service support for employees, managers, and HRBPs regarding system input queries, problem resolution, and job processing.
- Processing of Biweekly Payroll using eStart Timekeeping system, a Workday system of record of employees’ information and payroll calculation via SAP.
- Review/resolve various error reports and correspond with appropriate departments regarding errors and discrepancies.
- Attained a supervisor level in the three departments that I worked in.
- Compiles maintains and processes employee/client payroll/information in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Processes payroll by keying hours, entering new hire/re-hired employees, deductions, and other wage-based items into the payroll system.
- Meeting client payroll deadlines by authorizing and creating automated payrolls as well as paper check payrolls.
- Handle special projects with the utmost degree of care and concern to ensure that all of our accounts receivables were settled no less than six months past the due date.
- Reviews analyze and checks payroll forms and reports for accuracy and make necessary adjustments or corrections.
- Sets up and reconciles voluntary payroll deductions, prepares reports, identifies and researches exceptions, and remits payments to vendors.
- Processes payroll distribution, direct deposit, and retro-expenditure transfers for non-grant affiliated accounts.
- Received excellent recommendations for an increase in pay and new responsibilities after successfully completing an audit for Company A.
- Collaborated with other auditors to ensure that Company B’s financial statements were annually prepared using the same general assumptions, procedures, and data as Company A’s annual financial statements.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.