These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Payroll Specialist resumes for your reference.
- Responsible for accurate changes and set up of employee records consisting of but not limited to; rate changes, 401K allocations, health benefits, life insurance, taxes etc.
- Daily interaction with Accounting and Procurement departments, and corporate office.
- Completion of various requests regarding involuntary deductions i.e. child support payments, levies, garnishments, bankruptcies and wage verification to State and Federal agencies.
- Transmission to various institutions for direct deposits, 401K, taxes, child support and other involuntary deductions as well as daily interaction with institutions regarding confirmation of deposit and issue resolution.
- Answered questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, and other pertinent information.
- Examined employee’s files to answer inquiries and provide information for personal actions.
- Prepared maintain and in some cases create reports in conjunction with payroll and HR.
- Serves as a resource to company employees regarding payroll/HR related questions and issues.
- Responsible for the compilation and input of payroll transaction types and changes into a computerized payroll system.
- Reconciliation of payroll entries and records to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Payroll process includes: salary, hourly, overtime, incentives, allowances, bonus, and others as needed.
- Calculates earnings from time sheets or other records, and determines state /federal related withholding and deductions based on government regulations.
- Managed highly confidential information on a daily basis and set up benefits and 401(k) files for employees.
- Responsible for the process of child support payments, taxes, garnishments and worker’s compensation for the employee’s in the company.
- Processed general ledger updates, reporting and overtime calculations.
- Responsible for the training of new employees on the accounting principles and company procedures.
- Contact and assists clients with payroll input; verify totals and resolves client issues.
- Maintains base of payroll clients on products for assigned clients in order to meet client payroll.
- Contact clients daily according to set schedules in order to obtain payroll data, including salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations, and employee deductions or adjustments.
- Process garnishments which include child support, tax levies, student loans, etc.
- Prepared and processed multi-state payroll and all related administration including documentation and file maintenance using Ultipro and later converted to Kronos.
- Showed reasonable judgment and determines when an employee issue and/or request and/or question should be elevated to management.
- Communicated with employees in a timely manner regarding payroll questions while preparing and processing payroll.
- Performed quality check on payrolls to ensure they were entered correctly according to their specific employee protocols (this may include deductions, manually calculated handling fees, and tax adjustments).
- Coordinate with Outsourced Service Provider regarding all policies, programs and processes related to payroll.
- Interface with Total Rewards Center of Excellence (COE) to identify and address any administrative needs related to global compensation and benefit programs.
- Interface with payroll and benefits vendors, to ensure compliance with established procedures.
- Assess the delivery impact of any HR Management Policy changes, regulatory or compliance changes may have on the service provider and BMS Payroll operations.
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly, monthly, and semi-monthly payroll for over 1400 physicians and nurses (within multi-states).
- Analysis and evaluation of complex technical payroll procedures, controls and information and documentation systems.
- Supports processing and maintenance of payroll records in accordance with policies and procedures, informed Human Resources management of issues related to employee relations within the division or property as well as responded appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Provide technical support and advice in the maintenance and support of the company payroll systems encompassing areas such as salary and wage payments, deductions, time-reporting, sub-contractor processes, workers’ compensation and related areas.
- Ensure accuracy of consultant pay, client billing, invoicing, contact and benefits.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Processed rehires, transfers, terminations, garnishments and withholdings.
- Reviewed, investigated and corrected errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Provide customer service support for employees, managers and HRBP’s regarding system input queries, problem resolution and job processing.
- Processing of Biweekly Payroll using eStart Timkeeping system, Workday system of record of employees’ information and payroll calculation via SAP.
- Review/resolve various error reports and correspond with appropriate departments regarding errors and discrepancies.
- Compiles, maintains, and processes employee/client payroll/information in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Processes payroll by keying hours, entering new hire/re-hired employees, deductions, and other wage-based items into the payroll system.
- Meeting client payroll deadlines by authorizing and creating automated payrolls as well as paper check payrolls.
- Reviews, analyzes and checks payroll forms and reports for accuracy and makes necessary adjustments or corrections.
- Sets up and reconciles voluntary payroll deductions, prepares reports, identifies and researches exceptions and remits payment to vendors.
- Processes payroll distribution, direct deposit and retro-expenditure transfers for non- grant affiliated accounts.