Community Outreach Coordinators organize and develop outreach events for specific groups and communities. They act as representatives of their client to different communities, create public outreach events, develop schedules for events and activities, organize other outreach and public relations efforts, maintain relationships with community figures, and develop new relationships in communities.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Community Outreach Coordinator resumes for your reference.
Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Achieved award for support of volunteers; analyzed data for grant requests and submitted grant applications.
- Delivered one-on-one assistance to customers to resolve their questions about the IRS tax code.
- Conducted follow-up surveys for customers who had received assistance, making sure they were satisfied with the services received.
- Managed nine outreach coordinators at three different locations, training new recruits on the job.
- Achieved award for customer satisfaction; effectively organized and maintained volunteer database, charted volunteer activities in accordance with organization’s guidelines.
Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Provided contact information for volunteers and coordinated volunteers’ efforts with the Board of Directors.
- Documented and reported on organizational activities via a spreadsheet, including attendance at events for cause awareness, fundraisers, and community outreach.
- Trained Board of Directors on how to effectively use a spreadsheet to track the progress of the organization’s activities.
- Raised funds for a director-approved cause by organizing a celebrity chef dinner event which resulted in increased membership as well as donation pledges from the general public.
- Reduced annual non-profit organization overhead costs by 20% through effective use of volunteer services.
Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Directed outreach efforts at various community events to help raise awareness of our mission and goals of philanthropic organizations.
- Directed successful fundraising efforts to recruit donations for many different charities.
- Organized various fundraising events involving exhibits, dinners, raffles, and auctions.
- Recruited volunteers for special events at local venues.
- Created a fund-raising project for a convalescent home that was featured in the “Community Calendar” newsletter.
Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Handled finances of the organization; analyzed budget to determine expenditures and projected revenues.
- Handled daily operations for an annual benefit & community event benefiting disaster victims.
- Scheduled staff, volunteers, and venue for the event.
- Managed vendors, graphics, and printing.
- Managed a budget of over $8,500 for a successful event benefiting disaster victims.
Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Achieved outstanding score of 100% on all customer satisfaction surveys.
- Maintained a positive outlook as a member of the planning committee for the annual giving campaign. Identified, then nominated, and presented gifts to charity of choice.
- Participated in customer surveys and surveys pertaining to donations. Prepared e-mails, letters, and reports to notify donors of updates regarding their donation status.
- Engaged in a productive dialogue with visitors from different continents who come from various countries to present donated goods for sale at an auction benefiting an international charity.
- Overseen volunteers during the event, ensuring compliance with necessary regulations regarding parking, security, facility utilization, and safety of employees and patrons alike.
Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Coordinated community outreach activities; researched, prepared, and distributed flyers; implemented public service announcements at local radio stations.
- Developed direct mail campaigns using Microsoft Word; produced postcards that were mailed to targeted households for the annual community health fair.
- Assisted in the development of email marketing campaigns for fundraising events.
- Submitted blog posts featuring current research on heart disease prevention; interviewed medical experts on the development of risk factors for heart disease based on national epidemiological data.
- Assisted in the development of Health Fair programs to promote healthy living and cardiovascular wellness on a local level.
Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Achieved “top performer” status based on successful fundraising results from a recent fundraiser for charity work.
- Coordinated a community service project with a non-profit organization that was recognized by the media.
- Mentored new employee, resulting in a Team Player award for you and a Rookie of the Year award for her.
- Strived to reach personal and work performance goals by utilizing organizational tools to achieve organizational goals.
- Received recognition from an academic institution for helping disseminate information regarding cancer awareness.
Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Researched, invited, and coordinated speaker presentations for dignitaries and guest speakers to engage at-risk youth.
- Scheduled panels of dignitaries, speakers, and activists to address the needs of disadvantaged youth.
- An organized national standing committee to address the needs of at-risk children; established standing committees in states with satellite offices for the purpose of monitoring programs according to the national office’s framework.
- An established framework for public relations campaign.
- Actively engaged media outlets to secure coverage related to the charity’s mission by distributing information packets upon request.
Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Secured $25,000 in contributions from local businesses for the annual Race for the Cure.
- Worked with Board of Directors to raise over $50,000 in donations and pledges to renovate community daycare facility.
- Led team that raised $15,000 for United Way; recognized by President and CEO as a top fundraiser and Hero of the Day.
- Coordinated efforts to collect over 1000 toys and books for local homeless shelter; recognized by President and CEO as a top-two Coordinator of the Year.
- Co-Chaired Race for the Cure, with over $100,000 in donations raised for breast cancer research.
Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Made presentations to four retirees associations, explaining the benefits of socializing with others.
- Assisted twenty families by distributing food baskets at the local shelter for the homeless.
- Assisted seven families in applying for Food Stamps.
- Developed volunteer programs that provide opportunities for volunteers to work with disabled children in nearby pediatric facilities.
- Worked with children who had problems reading and writing by reading to them and using educational games.
Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Negotiated with donor agencies to secure donations for local charities and non-profits.
- Followed up on donations, filing reports as requested by the Executive Director.
- Increased referral of potential donors through various means such as mailings, brochures, press releases, and contacts with local business owners.
- Developed a proposed donation program that proposed a one-time payment for individuals who make an annual donation of $100 or more to a charity or non-profit organization.
- Identified potential donors based on demographics provided by tax records.
Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 12
- Collaborated with dozens of local non-profits in order to promote their programs. Outreach was targeted to individuals who are not yet familiar with the organizations.
- Coordinated outreach events, including site visits, fundraising activities, and special socials.
- Interviewed key personnel within the organization. Conducted exit interviews through an employee need assessment survey with current employees in order to provide personalized feedback that helped them identify career advancement opportunities or restructure their roles to better serve internal clients.
- Identified new opportunities for expansion of outreach programs through new initiatives and strategies such as strategic alliances, networking, and targeted promotions.
- Participated in sensitivity workshops to equip volunteers and staff with sensitivity training.
Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 13
- Effectively communicated with donors, volunteers, and staff to increase participation in fundraising activities.
- Recognized by the director for increasing the number of volunteers in a recent fundraiser by a minimum of 20%.
- Overhauled the organization’s website to include additional information from social media and community forums.
- Used social media tools to increase online visibility. Increased followers by 100% in one year.
- Participated in a recycling program that increased donations from local businesses by 30%. Achieved award for outstanding volunteer service.
Coordinators require a Bachelor’s Degree in communication or another associated field, as well as at least one year of experience in a field relevant to their current client. They must also be expert communicators, organizers, managers, public presenters, marketers, troubleshooters, and community engagers.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Samples
- Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 12
- Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up