MDS (minimum data set) nurses work in long-term healthcare facilities to care for patients. Their duties include assessing patients’ mental health, assessing patients’ physical health, creating patient care schedules, ensuring patients have access to medical resources, ensuring patients’ care follow stipulated guidelines and supplying reports to the facility’s senior management personnel.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best MDS Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real MDS Nurse resumes for your reference.
MDS Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Help patients remain pain-free and regain their homeostasis after receiving training in chiropractic; care for patients from all walks of life.
- Provided medical guidance by recommending therapeutic services and preventative strategies to clients; cared for patients with a variety of health problems ranging from cardiovascular disease to subjectively diagnosed lower back pain.
- Educated people on the benefits of exercise and diet regimes as alternatives to surgery as a lifestyle modification.
- Researched, wrote, and published four types of articles pertaining to human anatomy, physiology, medicine, and chiropractic; conducted research in at least two areas related to human physiology.
- Achieved awards for being named a “Rising Star” employee.
MDS Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Provided patients with independent, safe, and therapeutic restorative environment conducive to healing.
- Met standards for Infection Control training and demonstrated daily compliance with sterile routines.
- Provided education regarding the importance of dental hygiene and performed routine dental maintenance procedures.
- Handled death scenes in a professional and informative manner.
- Created a relaxing atmosphere for patients in addition to assisting with surgical procedures.
MDS Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Provided a nurturing, safe, and therapeutic environment for patients.
- Effectively assessed patient’s physical, psychological, and social needs by accurately interpreting the nursing process.
- Performed advanced clinical procedures such as wound dressing, suturing of lacerations, urinary catheterization, and administration of IV fluids.
- Collaborated with physicians in the treatment plans for complex medical conditions by preparing reports regarding the care rendered and collecting data for statistical purposes.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of life-threatening emergencies, disease prevention techniques, human anatomy & physiology through attendance at conferences as well as completion of over 40 hours of continuing education courses.
MDS Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Developed a Non-Coercive Communication Program for nursing patients in the Intensive Care Unit.
- Participated in staff training and advanced nursing skills seminars.
- Facilitated communication, trust, and relationships between patient and family in order to facilitate better overall care for patients.
- Enhanced patient’s social life with special events designed to improve their ability to communicate with each other.
- Achieved excellent overall ratings on case after case reviews from the Department of Nursing staff; improved the Quality of Life of several patients during their tough times by making them feel important.
MDS Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Provided assistance to patients in obtaining optimum comfort throughout their hospital stay by educating them and their families on health-related issues.
- Provided medical care in the understaffed area during the busiest time of the day; demonstrated excellent performance when assisting a medical team with emergency care of patient who suffered from heart attack.
- Promoted patient safety by following the guidelines of the American Heart Association, American Red Cross, and Department of Health in administering CPR to patients; participated in seminars on CPR and first aid.
- Received commendation for helping a family with children prior to a fire where they could be rescued from a burning house.
- Held CPR certification and required qualifications for Nursing Assistant.
MDS Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Recognized as a top-performing Medical Documentation Specialist who managed over 4900 patient files.
- Collaborated with doctors and registered nurses to ensure highest quality medical records.
- Attained award for outstanding performance; implemented Electronic Health Record system to manage patient data.
- Picked for the promotable position of Patient Scheduling Coordinator; orchestrated patient appointments, ensuring timely access to quality care.
- Managed entire nursing department’s operations, including internal communications and equipment distribution, which saved $4M in annual supplies budget; awarded achievement for superior performance.
MDS Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Worked directly under the care of physicians.
- Prepared highly sensitive, detailed reports from patients’ charts, including various patient tests and interviewing patients’ family members in order to accurately document symptoms of patients.
- Determined respiratory status and type of catheter insertion for critically ill patients by listening for breathing sounds and feeling the presence or absence of a pulse.
- Consistently assisted physicians when they were on call, including preparing medications and assisting with surgeries.
- Liaised with Physicians’ Paging System, nursing staff, social work department, and other agencies to provide appropriate care for patients in emergency situations.
MDS Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Received award for exceptional patient care for providing daily thorough physical assessments ensuring at least 1 visit per week to non-critical patients.
- Trained and motivated nurses in clinical skills, patient management, and professional values.
- Created innovative study design regarding the physical examination process.
- Demonstrated leadership skills during a humanitarian crisis in Haiti by successfully implementing “Five C’s” (Care, Compassion, Communication, Collaboration and Collaborative Working).
- Also designed training on emotional support of children after earthquake trauma.
MDS Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Planned and implemented a medication dispensing system for pediatric patients.
- Administered medications within the scope of nursing practice, and in accordance with physician’s orders and policies of hospital.
- Developed and executed a program for the ongoing education of agency nurses concerning the use of new medications in treatment protocols.
- Achieved recognition as one of the two nurses in 2012 to achieve training certification through American Association of Critical Care Nurses.
- Gained expertise distinction through participation in clinical research; collected data relating to the study’s integrity.
MDS Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Accomplished Tele-therapy and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit scheduling for IV medication, oxygen, and blood transfusions.
- Accomplished patient monitoring for patients with postoperative complications.
- Joined management team of a critical care unit which included an expanded staff with a ratio of two nurses to one patient.
- Advanced certification in Clinical Nurse Specialization 2 weeks since receiving initial certification from the American Nurses Association (ANA).
- Led and participated in several educational courses including courses relating to community health and maternal child nursing practices.
MDS Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Initiated, diagnosed, and treated inpatient and outpatient cases of diseases, disorders, and injuries through direct observation of patients.
- Worked at the front-lines during high-pressure situations while students, interns, residents and attending doctors were actively engaged in patient care.
- Integrated care plans into daily activities within the hospital.
- Drafted trial protocols for inpatient cases to ensure standardized procedures for all physicians.
- Compelled to complete a three-week hospital rotation after discovering that an employee’s first choice for their residency had been revoked by the university.
MDS Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Won “Best Nursing Assistant” award in a Nevada hospital.
- Performed over 2,000 procedures and 100,000 episodes of nursing care in the NICU of a Las Vegas Hospital.
- Trained for two months at an intensive care unit in St. Croix, Virgin Islands, and covered an area from the surgical suites to patient rooms to the cafeteria.
- Participated in community service projects with the direct involvement of our local health department regularly from April to November 2007.
- Directly influenced, motivated, and trained hundreds of Nevada residents from the ages of 3 to 100 in our Las Vegas gym and taught them neurological stimulation, personal development, and positive self-esteem.
To work as an MDS nurse, you need a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and certification by American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordinators (AANAC) to work as a MDS nurse. MDS nurses exhibit excellent observation skills, ability to carry out medical assessment, detail-oriented, excellent caregiving, critical thinking, high level of organization and excellent communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.