Financial Aid Assistants guide students through the process of financial aid. Their duties include offering financial aid information to students, processing checks and awards, answering questions, explaining procedures, writing grant reports, and performing a variety of clerical and bookkeeping tasks.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Financial Aid Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Financial Aid Assistant resumes for your reference.
Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Assisted several students with their financial aid and scholarship needs by returning phone calls, tracking the status of their financial aid and scholarship applications, and noting acceptance of the financial aid.
- Coordinated with parents to fill out financial aid applications on behalf of the students.
- Updated Excel spreadsheets weekly so that all information was up-to-date.
- Handled corporate billing and cash receipts as well as cash management for both departments.
- Performed other assignments such as accessibility projects, student mailboxes, payroll duties, etc.
Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Oversaw a $2.5 million fund budget; recognized for improving the financial aid budget during a period of decreasing state funding.
- Restructured the district loan payment plan to improve cash flow and interest rate structure.
- Trained and supervised new staff including student workers; reviews that payroll checks were processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Worked with internal auditors in closing out two previous fiscal year budgets; received audit committee award for outstanding service.
- Coordinated with campus partners to implement new technology updates, leveraging internal resources to effectively manage valuable staff time whilst eliminating capital expenses (piloted project).
Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Scheduled work appointments according to department’s guidelines.
- Served as a contact for customers requiring financial aid services; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to banks’ guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.
- Maintained knowledge of college admission requirements for scholarship programs; contributed to the Award Winners Program by participating in a variety of community events such as reading to elementary school children and hosting an annual scholarship program at my bank branch.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for financial aid services.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to financial aid application packages.
Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Delivered excellent customer service to students, parents, and staff; met the monthly financial aid requirements for 150 students.
- Recognized by the supervisor for exceptional attendance and performance; consistently prepared packages for all new employees to be sure they were in compliance with state regulations.
- Demonstrated exceptional problem-solving skills in handling inquiries from students, as well as their families, regarding incorrect auto and health insurance information on their financial aid applications.
- Established a new weekly tradition of scheduling school visits for high school students regarding the importance of saving for college.
- Celebrated Christmas sales for the department; a designated cashier for regular season ticket sales.
Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Provide financial assistance to students applying for federal and state aid.
- Met with parents on a weekly basis to explain their student’s progress and learned that additional assistance was needed by the school district.
- Maintained a database for financial aid programs, as well as eligibility requirements for each program.
- Researched scholarships, grants, and other financial programs; promoted the programs to high school seniors and college students.
- Pursued an additional degree; increased one’s knowledge on financial aid as well as student loan programs.
Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Achieved recognition as top-earning financial aid assistant by managing incoming funds through an automated system; processed eight financial aid applications daily.
- Developed and implemented a customer service survey; analyzed data that identified customer service needs and addressed the needs of current customers.
- Managed change of address forms to provide accurate mailing addresses; mailed over 200 forms in less than 30 days to ensure timeliness in delivery.
- Increased the amount of scholarship funding offered by 7% through effective communications with counselors at high schools, vocational institutions, and community organizations for students seeking assistance.
- Achieved recognition for a turnaround time of fewer than 10 minutes for 24-hour applications; directed customers to appropriate counselors.
Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Recognized by the Financial Aid Office as Student Organization Liaison; maintained high participation in the Office of Student Affairs’ Mentor Program.
- Successfully arranged for financial aid software to be installed during the commencement of the new financial aid system.
- Completed credit card applications for a number of students who were short on funds for the semester. Used an Excel spreadsheet to calculate credit card balances, interest rates, and monthly payments.
- Maintained a phone list of students who were applying for financial aid, worked with them, and answered their questions about grants and other types of aid, which was requested by all students who worked with her during her year as financial aid assistant.
- Assisted faculty financial aid advisors in the area of loans; successfully processed student loan applications, and arranged for loan checks to be cut as soon as possible.
Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Awarded because of my interaction with students and faculty, whom I assisted with their financial concerns.
- Developed an online course for students to increase their understanding of financial aid resources and to take charge of their academic future.
- Led seminars for incoming freshmen and sophomores. Provided them with resources that could not only save them money but also provide opportunities to secure scholarships.
- Presented a lecture at the local community college on how to become financially independent in college; attendance was very high from the student body and faculty alike./undefined.
- Developed a workshop for parents about financing college; offered advice on how to save money for their children’s education.
Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Responsible for all aspects of the financial aid process. Prepared and submitted FAFSA on time and accurately. Processed new loan applications and follow-ups on existing loans.
- Communicated effectively with students, parents, and staff regarding financial aid and student aid programs.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data related to student aid applications.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from the parents who applied for financial aid.
- Proactively resolved direct deposit issues by contacting the job site and resolving questions within 3 business days of receipt of the questionnaires/resumes from clients/parents/students.
Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Provided outstanding customer service to college students and parents through correspondence with school personnel, compiled financial aid information, and issued checks to students.
- Appraised undergraduate transcripts for qualifying courses to determine award eligibility.
- Awarded “Employee of the Month” title; managed daily financial aid services while maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Set up education fund and provided funding assistance in a timely manner; responded promptly to inquires via telephone, letter, and email regarding financial aid processing delays.
- Received outstanding recognition award; provided excellent customer service in a timely, professional manner.
Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Awarded Outstanding Achievement Award for professional development in the Human Capital Department. Received certification in asset management, trust management, and financial planning.
- Coordinated with customers via telephone to handle life insurance questions.
- Managed customer satisfaction scores obtained by surveying customers who purchased life insurance policies on their portfolios.
- Trained new call center employees to adhere to the company’s dedication to customer service satisfaction during the training period.
- Achieved award for meeting customer service guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had purchased life insurance policies.
Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Provided financial assistance to qualified students.
- Gathered necessary financial data from multiple individuals and matched it with appropriate data fields using the computer system.
- Assisted in the training of new employees in the collection process, answering questions pertaining to loan applications, tracking payments, and analyzing default rates.
- Trained on new systems that improved efficiency and productivity by 40%. Reduced time-to-close by 20%.
- Invited to the training program at headquarters after being recognized as an innovative achiever through quality control measures.
To work as a Financial Aid Assistant you must complete at least a high school diploma – college education represents an advantage. Financial Aid Assistants must demonstrate the ability to provide accurate information, to apply relevant federal and state regulations, to follow procedures, to follow policies, to stay independent, to remain calm under time pressures, and to respond to student inquiries courteously.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Financial Aid Assistant Resume Samples
- Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Financial Aid Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up