Distribution Center Supervisors are in charge of ensuring that products are handled effectively and safely in a warehouse environment. Their duties include implementing warehouse practices, monitoring product shipments, managing inventory control systems, overseeing the budget, monitoring employee performance, and maintaining a safe work environment.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Distribution Center Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Distribution Center Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Distribution Center Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Managed a team of distribution center employees, originating, receiving, and maintaining inventory.
- Handled and resolved employee discipline issues. Enforced uniform policy guidelines, including requiring mandatory hot meals during shift and voluntary physical fitness training.
- Evaluated the performance and potential of new employees.
- Supervised monthly inventory audits to ensure compliance with established policies and operations.
- Implemented and maintained systems to track the timely receipt and processing of shipments and inventory.
Distribution Center Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Managed the operations of a 30,000 sq. ft. distribution center for a 180,000 sq. ft. client; represented the company in the community outreach and team improvement program.
- Fostered positive morale among employees by adhering to goals and meeting attendance criteria while maintaining an organized work environment that was responsible and safe.
- Collaborated with other supervisors and team members to ensure an efficient operation of the facility’s production lines and warehouse distribution areas; informed others of problems as they arise with hired labor, vendors/suppliers, or external factors.
- Collaborated with other managers to allocate resources and materials to ensure effective production of the company’s products; coordinated efforts, which resulted in enhanced company relations, increased levels of service, and reduced costs to improve profits.
- Developed computerized inventory system; provided oversight over maintenance and repair services for the company’s facilities, equipment, and tools.
Distribution Center Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Oversaw a team of 10 employees in the distribution center, including loading materials, monitoring stockroom inventory, and completing other tasks required while supporting the manufacturing plant.
- Received recognition for prompt and accurate processing of over 1 million parts while maintaining 100% accuracy; effectively addressed any customer issues or concerns; called upon to monitor quality issues.
- Provided direct supervision to 5 employees in the distribution center, including monitoring their performance.
- Reported accidents or injuries by coworkers or customers to management before they became a problem; conducted monthly safety meetings with employees and inspected work areas for compliance with company policies.
- Worked with 4 different supervisors over the course of my career and provided them with effective feedback on how to improve their performance.
Distribution Center Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Supervised 3 Distribution Centers with a $100 million annual production and over 200 employees; enforced company policy, federal & state regulations, and customer requests.
- Gave direct supervision to one Distribution Center Manager in generating more than $7 million annually. Appointed Distribution Center Manager as an employee of the month for exceeding customer expectations.
- Assisted in the creation of a management reporting system that exceeded the requirements of corporate standards in distribution center processes and activities. This system assisted in increasing the efficiency of management through reporting such as production, costs, customer satisfaction, and productivity.
- Maintained company safety certifications from private and federal agencies.
- Restructured Distribution Center operations to meet Federal, State, and Company requirements; increased performance by 20% without increasing expenditures.
Distribution Center Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Achieved award for exceeding productivity goal; ensured high-quality products were delivered to post in a timely manner.
- Supervised a team of approximately 14 people; effectively modified schedules and worked to meet deadlines.
- Achieved award for an outstanding quality rating on a periodic inspection by the Quality Control Manager; evaluated materials and ensured they met quality standards.
- Earned award for receiving the highest customer satisfaction scores from customers who had applied for a loan.
- Received an outstanding quality award; effectively analyzed financial data, analyzed product performance, and determining staffing needs.
Distribution Center Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Responsible for the look of the facility in which they supervised a $30M+ facility.
- Supervise 100s of employees.
- Ensure the proper documentation is written and submitted to appropriate authorities concerning all that moved through their Distribution Center.
- Adhere to company policy regarding time cards, attendance reports, etc. in accordance with this process and understand what constitutes tardiness, insubordination or refusal to work as requested.
- Maintain company standards regarding personal appearance, attitude, work production, and customer service.
Distribution Center Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Completed projects with attention to detail and in a timely manner.
- Achieved award for receiving the most accurate invoices; maintained 100% accuracy on all documents.
- Met corporate goals by processing invoices in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner; responded to customers’ questions in a courteous and professional manner.
- Reduced costs by optimizing the organization of files, processing time, work area organization, and decreasing inventories.
- Received recognition as a cost-saving Superstar; kept material costs low due to improved inventory controls and optimized processing time for invoices.
Distribution Center Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Assisted in numerous distribution center functions such as picking, receiving, inventory control, and product placement. Appeared to be familiar with the typical work schedule of employees in the plant.
- Learned how to effectively communicate problems through multiple levels of escalation decreasing the amount of time necessary to solve a problem.
- Received outstanding quality award; should have been able to recommend various changes based on the practice of established procedures and those recommended by customers.
- Enhanced competency in one’s field by teaching others (many different departments) while making knowledge readily available due to industry experience.
- Provided a work environment conducive to the well-being of employees and customers.
Distribution Center Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- As a new supervisor, held a meeting and informed employees of the benefits of working for the corporation; held a second meeting to discuss all employee concerns.
- Supervised and directed employees in the fulfillment of orders.
- Calmed down angry warehouse workers when they became upset with management changes that resulted in the loss of overtime pay.
- Spoke to representatives from various departments when they felt overlooked by management regarding personal matters.
- Established a first-rate system for handling customer complaints; resolved customer issues promptly. Received commendation from the corporate office for establishing and maintaining outstanding service standards within the distribution center.
Distribution Center Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Supervised multiple employees and managed inventory.
- Helped accrue new business and set up new distribution center sites. Received the highest rating in the annual stock performance review by supervisors at all levels, including the CEO.
- Effectively managed a geographically diverse distribution facility; successfully implemented inventory controls for direct labor and indirect materials.
- Received outstanding quality award; supervised inventory on a daily basis.
Distribution Center Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Expertly coordinated the logistics of a multimillion-dollar, point-to-point distribution center operation; ensured that all shipments from one facility were received at another in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensured that all incoming products were inspected as per vendor guidelines; managed the material flow through the plant.
- Developed new product lines and increased sales for same; managed project to deadline.
- Maintained daily, weekly, monthly and annual projects for each product line to ensure accuracy and compliance with contract specifications.
- Continued to increase sales by 10 percent annually despite the loss of an account, providing exceptional customer service to keep customers satisfied.
Distribution Center Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Effectively prioritized and oversaw a shift of 1000 personnel to help meet deadlines.
- Supervised the production and distribution of materials such as plywood, lumber, and shipping containers.
- Received appreciation from several superiors for effective coordination in heavy volume peaks at times when equipment failed to perform.
- Served as a mentor of college interns for two summers; served as an active participant in classroom/laboratory sessions on various topics including manufacturing processes, cost control, and personnel management.
- Received recognition as an employee of the Month for actively integrating new personnel and procedures into the manufacturing process.
Distribution Center Supervisor Resume Sample 13
- Effectively managed a team of 10 members of the Distribution Center Operations department.
- Supervised daily production and ensured adherence to company guidelines regarding customer service, quality, and process control.
- Organized workstations; implemented bar code programming of parts.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to parts marking and inventory control procedures.
- Supervised shipping department effectively; expedited shipments related to customer service needs.
To work as a Distribution Center Supervisor, you must have a bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Business. Distribution Center Supervisors must demonstrate strong leadership skills, problem-solving skills, customer service skills, teamwork, organizational skills, computer skills, and must be able to work under pressure.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.