A Cafe Attendant works in a restaurant setting and is responsible for ensuring smooth operations within the cafe, with a strong focus on customer service. Duties of a Cafe Attendant include taking food orders, taking payments, delivering food, filling drinks, expediting the kitchen, cleaning the restaurant, and ensuring that all customers’ needs are being met.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Cafe Attendant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Cafe Attendant resumes for your reference.
Cafe Attendant Resume Sample 1
- Maintained a positive attitude and empathy for customers based on daily interactions with customers, who frequently paid with cash, travelers’ checks, and/or personal checks.
- Recognized by the shift supervisor for team member performance; accentuated positive customer service through responses that were always affable and encouraging.
- Adhered to safety guidelines regarding food temperature and properly served coffee to numerous customers during the day.
- Adhered to store policy of keeping the store clean through excellent table hygiene, workplace cleanliness (including sweeping), timely cleaning of tables or other work station, and being an overall great ambassador for the company.
- Provided excellent customer service to numerous customers who often did not tip or were abusive to others in the store.
Cafe Attendant Resume Sample 2
- Motivated the dining room to perform at its best.
- Established and maintained a professional demeanor by speaking in a calm and courteous manner, maintaining a positive attitude, and making appropriate eye contact.
- Arrived early to set up the dining room and table settings, ensuring that all guests were comfortable before seating.
- Promptly addressed problems with patrons when encountered; such as missing condiments while seating guests.
- Achieved excellent customer service credit by effectively handling customer dissatisfaction without complaint or confrontation; working to resolve issues with the original ticketing system and personnel involved in their resolution.
Cafe Attendant Resume Sample 3
- Served as a General Server at the local cafe; appropriate presentation of quality food and service.
- Ensured that portions were filled to specification and delivered promptly.
- Adhered to food safety regulations; timely handling of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Implemented new policies and procedures that ensured a positive customer guest experience while providing excellent service in a timely fashion.
- Received reward for achieving excellent rating on customer satisfaction survey conducted by guest census agency.
Cafe Attendant Resume Sample 4
- Achieved “employee of the month” award for consistently outstanding performance; recognized by supervisor and manager as an invaluable asset to the hospital.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines as determined by customer satisfaction survey from customers who had visited the restaurant during the prior month; ensured consistency in food quality, menu variety, and menu descriptions.
- Achieve “employee volunteer” at Hospice; provided service to mentally handicapped individuals.
- Received excellent feedback from the manager for performance in the previous position; exhibited true leadership skills through effective communication with subordinates and management.
- Received exceptional feedback from the manager for outstanding work performance in the previous position; demonstrated outstanding performance by completing tasks to well above expectations.
Cafe Attendant Resume Sample 5
- Provided the highest quality of customer service, exceeding customer expectations and hospitality standards.
- Generated consistently positive responses from customers based on feedback surveys that were distributed and collected.
- Earned recognition for a reduction in food cost; identified errors by kitchen staff and suggested cost-saving solutions.
- Achieved award for meeting employee performance goals; achieved high marks on each of the 9 quality categories established by Hospitality International Restaurants.
- Received award for personal goal achievement; completed assigned tasks ahead of schedule, as well as demonstrated a high level of cost-cutting efficiency.
Cafe Attendant Resume Sample 6
- Handled all customers with the utmost respect and provided courteous service.
- Reduced average check times by 10 percent through streamlined procedures and effective communication with kitchen staff.
- Managed large lunch rush, handling 25 customers in an hour; named “Employee of the Month” for demonstrating excellence in customer service.
- Increased profits by 15% through beverage department organization, menu training, and new product promotion.
- Demonstrated excellent memory of dishes ordered by regulars; recognized by wait staff as a top server who generated sales.
Cafe Attendant Resume Sample 7
- Rotated shifts at the front and back of the house to accommodate all shifts and take advantage of tips and gratuities.
- Participated in the management training in labor-management, insurance, safety, etc./
- Nominated by Supervisor for staff appreciation events; frequently accomplished tasks set forth by management.
- Achieved outstanding quality award for providing excellent customer service and for exceeding expectations by identifying customer concerns and developing solutions to correct them.
- Received nomination for Employee of the Month; consistently exemplified quality customer service and safe food handling practices.
Cafe Attendant Resume Sample 8
- Prepared food to order, including risotto and quesadillas, after receiving training on the kitchen’s chemical processes.
- Ensured that wait staff was on schedule for seating patrons and assigning tables.
- Served customers in a timely manner, including those waiting for taxis or valet parking services.
- Responded promptly to customer requests, including those with special dietary needs.
- Computed tips and distributed them evenly among wait staff; ensured that the correct amount was deposited each night into a pool established by management.
Cafe Attendant Resume Sample 9
- Effectively managed over 80 tables of customers per shift. Communicated with guests and potential guests on a timely basis to ensure that everyone had a positive dining experience.
- Made great connections with many of the people I have dated since then; was invited back to several of the same events.
- Acquired tips and tricks for my first job interview; identified as an honest person in my interview, which really helped me land my new job.
- Reduced staff costs by more than $3,000; maintained customer satisfaction ratings through customer surveys filled out by various customers who visited the establishment.
- Achieved several awards for customer service during my time at the organization.
Cafe Attendant Resume Sample 10
- Topped customer satisfaction poll with “Best Server” award.
- Received outstanding quality award four times, including July 2008 quality award for a restaurant where I worked.
- Received “Superstar Service” award.
- Received Starbucks Silver Five Pack awards three times; received December 2008 Silver Five Pack Award; received 2009 Silver Five Pack Award.
- Have had a great deal of success in taking responsibility for my performance as an employee, as well as being recognized by customers for professional excellence and service.
Cafe Attendant Resume Sample 11
- Promoted to take over the fast-paced responsibilities of a co-worker who had left the restaurant to pursue another career opportunity.
- Requested on-the-job training from senior management; developed skills and knowledge that helped his team succeed in an increasingly competitive arena.
- Quickly recognized as an up-and-coming hard worker; was promoted to Front of House Supervisor by a senior manager shortly after obtaining basic payroll information.
- Gained recognition for her consistent high performance and great attention to detail; became the first person in restaurants’ history to receive both an Employee of the Year (EOY) award and Team Member of the Year (TSY) award.
- Maintained 100% customer service satisfaction ratings among guests; consistently gained RAVE reviews from customers.
Cafe Attendant Resume Sample 12
- Waiter for 5 years; assisted managers and other employees in the restaurant.
- Waiter for 3 years; ensured the prompt and efficient service of customers, regardless of whether they were regulars or new patrons; efficiently processed requests.
- Waitress for 2 years; maintained cleanliness of dining room and bar areas, achieved excellent production figures, oversaw quality control inspections.
- Server/Assistant Manager for 2 years; supervised wait staff while maintaining high standards in customer service.
- Server/Assistant Manager for 2 years; received outstanding quality awards due to timely payments and excellent customer service ratings by customers.
Cafe Attendant Resume Sample 13
- Displayed fast and accurate service in using a computerized cash register.
- Managed a team of five; ensured smooth operation of a restaurant.
- Received awards as a team member for maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction on major departments of service such as food, check-in, and dining area cleanliness.
- Provided exceptional care to customers; recognized by management for setting new standards in customer service programs.
- Recognized by management for excellence in handling being a front-end supervisor during peak hours such as lunch and dinner rush hours.
To become a Cafe Attendant you will need a high school diploma or GED, and possibly a Bachelor’s degree in hospitality. A Cafe Attendant must demonstrate interpersonal skills, organization, attention to detail, cleanliness, friendliness, the ability to work at a fast pace, and know food safety regulations.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.