Cost Controllers support company operations by monitor a operating costs and implementing ways to reduce overall expenses. Their duties include assigning budgets to departments, assessing projects cost proposals, working with suppliers to ensure the best prices, auditing invoices for accuracy, and development and implementation of cost cutting measures while maintaining quality standards.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Cost Controller Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Cost Controller resumes for your reference.
Cost Controller Resume Sample 1
- Increased profits by 8% through cost control, inventory analysis, and budgetary accounting for raw materials.
- Designed new reporting formats to increase the responsiveness of management to financial data while simultaneously providing avenues for administration.
- Reduced costs associated with material handling by 25% after revamping the warehouse & storage system that eliminated unnecessary transportation between locations.
- Pioneered an on-line buying program that reduced purchasing time by 80%.
- Identified various sources of waste throughout process flow which saved over $16 million in previous year’s expenditures.
Cost Controller Resume Sample 2
- Monitored the performance of personnel to ensure cost efficiency and compliance with company policies.
- Tracked overhead costs, reported under-productive areas, and provided corrective recommendations.
- Promoted to lead position in six months after hiring; maintained accuracy in bookkeeping records while initiating new processes resulting in completed projects on time and under budget.
- Oversaw financial transactions while enforcing strict regulatory compliance pertaining to bank reconciliations, income tax accruals, cash receipts’ documentation, accrued liabilities’ analysis/validation, customer refund requests, loan amortizations/payments.
- Reviewed monthly reports to identify trends in spending trends by department or spending categories over a 12 month period.
Cost Controller Resume Sample 3
- Effectively monitored and controlled labor, material, intangible assets, and subcontractors’ work to ensure contracted obligations were met.
- Accurately reported billing discrepancies between subsidiary companies.
- Restored company profitability by reducing procurement department spending 35% without affecting quality of product.
- Managed a team focused on improving account receivables collection issues resulting in a 13% increase within a year’s time.
- Handled multiple projects simultaneously with extreme efficiency, including budgeting for future capital expenditures, R&D budget administration, auditing financial statements for subsidiaries’ actions as if they were the parent company’s own reports.
Cost Controller Resume Sample 4
- Analyzed, summarized and organized journal entries to ensure that transactions were posted accurately.
- Prepared daily reports of revenue, expenditures and accounts payable for submission to management.
- Identified variances in inventory levels between master records and physical counts; initiated actions via e-mail to resolve discrepancies.
- Reviewed invoice sheets for accuracy before submitting them for formal posting in accounting records.
- Developed new procedures within the department by implementing automated search engine technology; freed up time previously spent sorting through paper files.
Cost Controller Resume Sample 5
- Saved the corporation over $100,000 annually in production costs by instituting a new system for printing forms.
- Redesigned recordkeeping procedure to lower labor costs and increase speed of order entry.
- Identified sources of noncompliance with corporate policies that led to monetary loss for the company.
- Improved revenue account control procedures designed to reduce misstatements caused by undetected errors, omissions, or irregularities; identified initial claims savings totaling more than $10 million.
- Restructured departmental communications among employees and managers; increased productivity 25%.
Cost Controller Resume Sample 6
- Exceeded all budget projections for assigned accounts by 20%.
- Streamlined operations, implemented new accounting system, increased department productivity by 40% within 6 months.
- Promoted to management level in under two years for outstanding cost control and performance.
- Efficiently resolved variances with forecast analysis that resulted in the production of projected reports on time under strict deadlines.
- Contributed significantly to revenue generation through the identification of over $500M in new opportunities.
Cost Controller Resume Sample 7
- Achieved 25% reduction in expenses to the division; recognized by the CEO and CFO as a result of my efforts.
- Oversaw employees’ time and attendance through modern tracking system; motivating them to reach their full potential.
- Decreased costs as much as 30% across company-wide office locations; receiving awards from Region Vice President, accounting firm, and investors for excellence in cost control initiatives.
- Tracked down lost or missing supplies/products; implementing improved inventory management systems.
- Pioneered campaigns to increase revenue generation through strategic marketing ideas, increasing company’s revenue by 6%.
Cost Controller Resume Sample 8
- Managed the daily activities of two employees; responsible for inventory, communication, and transfer of workload.
- Restructured accounting systems to provide more accurate monthly reporting while reducing payroll costs by $20,000 annually.
- Redesigned charts of accounts and led a team effort to centralize record keeping functions.
- Received multiple awards for exceptional performance as an account manager including employee satisfaction rating percentages within company guidelines.
- Established long-term relationships with customers based on trustworthiness and constant professionalism that saved company from bankruptcy during economic downturns in 2009-2011.
Cost Controller Resume Sample 9
- Oversaw the flow of materials between multiple departments to ensure proper inventory levels while minimizing transfer costs.
- Implemented cost-effective methods for tracking time, expenses, and overhead.
- Steered the implementation of an automated system for submitting vendor invoices and receiving approval in order to reduce invoice processing time by 70%.
- Managed transportation department in a $20 million budget; lowering rates by 22% and improving on-time performance by 4%.
- Monitored and managed shipping contracts with common carriers in order to achieve reduced costs without sacrificing service quality.
Cost Controller Resume Sample 10
- Identified inefficiencies and implemented cost reductions totaling $15,000 in allowance for uncollectable accounts.
- Redesigned basic reports for management to establish more accurate projections of future operations; successfully reported results at quarterly meetings with division vice-presidents.
- Improved customer satisfaction by using Web technologies to nearly double transactions processed through electronic check reading system; recognized by executive vice president.
- Raised productivity levels ten percent above budgeted expectations, while maintaining accuracy within four percent variance, resulting in significant allocation savings.
- Utilized problem solving skills to resolve cash disbursements discrepancies.
Cost Controller Resume Sample 11
- Reduced manufacturing costs by 12% in order to meet budgeted goals for the company.
- Consistently met monthly quota for placement of factory orders at 30 days or less, while maintaining lowest possible price.
- Effectively coordinated production schedules with quality control in an effort to deliver products on time and under budget.
- Achieved a perfect score on all financial audits, as well as the quality audit; this includes a 9-year period of complete compliance with ISO 9000 standards.
- Orchestrated new inventory system that allowed better projection into future needs and ability to reallocate excess supplies among branches as needed for increased efficiency between departments.
Cost Controller Resume Sample 12
- Oversaw an annual net savings of over $4000 for the accounting department.
- Restructured depreciation schedules to improve cash flow by over $20,000.
- Fostered human capital by recruiting 12 new employees.
- Investigated discrepancies in department purchases, saving approximately $10K, which was recognized during company awards ceremony.
- Standardized budgeting procedures that generated an additional annual income of almost $25K for the business unit, while maintaining a balanced budget and lowering general and administrative expenses by 10%. This report was presented in front of upper management and partners and received applause from attendees.
Cost Controller Resume Sample 13
- Reduced overhead by 20% utilizing lean inventory management methods.
- Oversaw the audit of three separate subsidiary corporations totaling 1,200 employees in twelve different states.
- Achieved full quality certification to AS9100 standards in one year; improved production output by 32%.
- Recognized for creating awareness of cost containment techniques through effective presentations at staff meetings.
- First female promoted to Assistant Director in company history; supervised daily accounting operations for 100+ employees.
Cost Controller Resume Sample 14
- Reduced cost of direct materials and other items by scanning supplier invoices for the frequency and correctness of deliveries, quantity, method of shipment, and prices.
- Initiated a two-week standardization training program that included 8 hours each day; developed an additional 9 hours self-study course for continuing education to motivate employees’ advancement within company guidelines.
- Oversaw accounting department budgeting process as well as controlled expenditures during the first year as a manager.
- Created monthly reports on profit loss statements; reduced expenses by $19,000 in office supplies after initiating office recycling program and reusuable to-go ware use.
- Monitored activity levels throughout town to increase profitability of stores by reducing loss from theft, vandalism, and negligence.
Cost Controller Resume Sample 15
- Received recognition for reducing costs by $4,000,000 in a three-year period.
- Successfully resolved material discrepancies and variances at the divisional level while employing innovative solutions to turn around company profitability.
- Identified cost improvement opportunities to develop a business plan that resulted in being promoted from Assistant Director of Accounting into Director of Cost Control.
- Effectively trained other managers on all cost accounting procedures and concepts used by the organization including standard costs, variance analysis, budgeting, and absorption costing.
- Increased revenue by over 100% after developing computer applications capable of handling increased workloads with increased accuracy and speed to gain customer satisfaction ratings based on timeliness and data accuracy.
To work as a Cost Controller you obtain Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Management and have extensive knowledge of budgets, service contracts, and supplier relationships. Cost Controllers must demonstrate creative thinking, have strong attention to detail, strong mathematics skills, presentation techniques, networking abilities, leadership, and strong negotiator.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Cost Controller Resume Samples
- Cost Controller Resume Sample 1
- Cost Controller Resume Sample 2
- Cost Controller Resume Sample 3
- Cost Controller Resume Sample 4
- Cost Controller Resume Sample 5
- Cost Controller Resume Sample 6
- Cost Controller Resume Sample 7
- Cost Controller Resume Sample 8
- Cost Controller Resume Sample 9
- Cost Controller Resume Sample 10
- Cost Controller Resume Sample 11
- Cost Controller Resume Sample 12
- Cost Controller Resume Sample 13
- Cost Controller Resume Sample 14
- Cost Controller Resume Sample 15
- Wrap Up