A technical program manager leads design teams in various industrial applications. Duties include product development, supervising design teams, tracking technical issues, reviewing and testing code, managing program progress, and setting production goals.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Technical Program Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Technical Program Manager resumes for your reference.
Technical Program Manager Resume Sample 1
- Effectively prepared and presented reports, training materials, and technical publications.
- Worked cross-functionally with all departments to identify, track, and resolve problems.
- Managed a team of four engineers in a project to deliver a new product for a government client. The project was completed ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Helped design the user interface for a new product that resulted in significant software licensing revenue for an international Fortune 500 company.
- Developed cable management products that were successfully sold through distribution channels throughout the world.
Technical Program Manager Resume Sample 2
- Met with the delivery lead and the development lead to developing requirements for new application capability; prepared BCWS project schedule and cost estimate.
- Worked with the Application Management Team to conduct a beta test of system enhancements; managed data collection and feedback reports.
- Maintained communications with end-user customers regarding system enhancements and providing customer support.
- Managed the transition of the production application from C# .NET 1.1 to C# .NET 2.0, including training team members on development tools, coding standards, and testing procedures; implemented changes to improve code quality and maintainability; developed SQL Server 2008 performance recommendations for Application Management Team.
- Established a physical asset management application for a new production system in support of the Application Management Team.
Technical Program Manager Resume Sample 3
- Selected vendor certification exam, successfully passing.
- Purchased new equipment for office automation.
- Purchased customer service tools to increase customer satisfaction rates.
- Sought out outside training on development tools, current tech trends, and tech trends of the future.
- Developed and implemented training and development plans and programs.
Technical Program Manager Resume Sample 4
- Created Microsoft®’s active directory infrastructure with over 5,500 user accounts, built-in group policy for file sharing, and established desktop management system.
- Designed and implemented the upgrade of the technical infrastructure to Windows® 2003.
- Established common standards for internal technical communication.
- Provided leadership to active IT staff with diverse skillsets.
- Presented to C-Level executives on topics regarding technical best practices for Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, and desktop management systems.
Technical Program Manager Resume Sample 5
- Quickly established a productive relationship with the architect and the project manager.
- Achieved positive results with a high level of accuracy on changes to the MIS design documentation.
- Facilitated processing of change documents, including ILECs, telecommunications companies, and wireless communications providers.
- Achieved award for effective management of inventory along with maximizing usage of available space consistent with cost-effective production methods.
- Achieved award for excellent performance in the development of a quality program schedule for a five million dollar project.
Technical Program Manager Resume Sample 6
- Working with a team of Six, assisted in the research and development of Innovative Software that would streamline data entry for almost 600 existing software applications, saving the company nearly $50M per year.
- Made significant contributions to the development of an Integrated Project Management Software Application. The Application enabled Program Managers, developers, and testers to better manage their budgets by assigning tasks based on skill sets throughout the organization.
- Established a Radio Frequency Identification (RFI) Standard Practice Manual to ensure RFI Tags were manufactured according to company standards. One hundred percent of new RFIs are produced following this manual.
- Developed and implemented a process of software and hardware maintenance scripts. This enabled our IT staff to catch multiple problems with the equipment in a single day, instead of waiting for two or three days.
- Created an emergency plan to ensure all known software patches were installed on servers in a timely manner.
Technical Program Manager Resume Sample 7
- Provided leadership for a rollout of local area network (LAN) to five branches.
- Managed the performance of one hundred technicians to ensure that service levels were met.
- Worked cross-functionally with engineering, sales, and operations to drive down operating expenses by $1 million.
- Trained new hires according to company standards for processes, policies, and procedures.
- Resolved hardware issues for end-users by completing advanced technical troubleshooting and diagnostics.
Technical Program Manager Resume Sample 8
- Designed and implemented a customer support system to improve the voice, support, and escalation options for customers.
- Modified existing messaging software to add features like email notifications and pop-up boxes.
- Integrated the application with the manufacturing plant throughout the year ensuring that information was accurate at all times. This project was accepted by management for inclusion in annual budget proposals and budget reduction exercises.
- Created a monthly training schedule to prepare employees for new modules that were added to their systems each month.
- Identified and assisted in the recruitment of four new employees to assist with customer service and support applications.
Technical Program Manager Resume Sample 9
- Established and directed the design and implementation of an innovative internet-based product for a global customer.
- Responded to inquiries from customers in a timely, accurate, and professional manner; recognized for creating sample code to expedite the operational learning curve for new employees.
- Achieved award as Top Trainer by demonstrating superior presentation techniques such as voice inflection, emphasis on keywords, and active engagement with audience members.
- Instrumental in training staff on new computer systems; recognized by VP of Information Systems for outstanding achievement of 100% training certification on new ERP system within 6 months.
- Coordinated efforts across five departments to resolve a critical production failure. Restored system operations in less than two hours.
Technical Program Manager Resume Sample 10
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive technical program ensuring the quality of service, customer satisfaction, and compliance with federal and state security guidelines.
- Recognized for budget management; met financial goals for the company; acquired new clients; satisfied clients; recommended technology upgrades; received training for new technologies.
- Enhance brochures and other collateral materials.
Technical Program Manager Resume Sample 11
- Facilitated the launch of the Corporate Learning Management System; managed multiple deliverables.
- Launched the internal Intranet site; managed integration of content and features across multiple web properties.
- Presented to management about the state of the Enterprise Application Integration (EAI); documented findings to help prioritize expenditures.
- Established Web services strategy; incorporated security and scalability into design document.
- Raised the level of employee knowledge about Internet protocols via training modules that were presented on multiple platforms.
Technical Program Manager Resume Sample 12
- Developed a model library of documents and templates for the Automated Warehouse Management System with a consistent look and feel as directed by the Database Administrator.
- Improved business process workflow by creating an online report for fulfillment staff to query data from both systems.
- Conducted sales presentations to solicit new clients; earned recognition from Company’s CEO as a top performer.
- Trained new users on the latest version of showroom displays, helping to expedite technical support calls and product launch timeframe.
Education requirements include a bachelor’s degree in business administration or computer science or equivalent experience in the same field. Skills to succeed as a technical program manager include strong leadership skills, good organizational abilities, ability to multitask, good time management skills, good problem-solving skills, familiarity with industry-specific software, excellent oral communication, and excellent written communication.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.