A Technical Support Agent handles incoming calls for customers that have technical issues. The agent will be responsible for answering phones, diagnosing technical issues, submit service requests to the internal system, maintain company database, keep records of calls, respond to customer requests.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Technical Support Agent Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Technical Support Agent resumes for your reference.
Technical Support Agent Resume Sample 1
- An accomplished co-worker of the quarter; demonstrated initiative to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Selected as a top new hire in support services; recognized by peers as supportive, dependable, and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrated ability to research customer issues, generate reports and provide suggestions for product improvements.
- Recognized for a record of success with customers for customer surveys; achieved 93 percent score and named one of the customer service superstars.
- Skilled at providing outstanding customer service, including providing technical support for customers; conducted regular phone and face-to-face rounds with customers; was a team leader for team members.
Technical Support Agent Resume Sample 2
- Efficiently verified, reinstated, and re-instated customers on the Customer Portal who were locked out by the IT department.
- Completed a technical article for the company newsletter.
- Confirmed proper user information, then accurately categorized and filed it according to the company’s Human Resource Department guidelines.
- Rapidly answered support questions for Internet users within 45 minutes.
- Prepared daily logs of all calls, then generated a report of status at year-end.
Technical Support Agent Resume Sample 3
- Built and installed a new server for the company.
- Received five-star rating for customer service; answered calls from more than 300 customers daily.
- Earned recognition for expediting more than 1,000 customer requests; the highest technician in monthly reports.
- Established a help desk training program; trained more than 20 new employees in basic support.
- Achieved employee of the month for outstanding performance; received an award for exceeding goals and expectations.
Technical Support Agent Resume Sample 4
- Adhered to guidelines for responding to support calls.
- Correctly logged in and out of computer systems, resulting in accurate problem resolutions.
- Defined a comprehensive technology plan to maximize efficiency, uptime, and security for the company.
- Provided professional, courteous service to customers and co-workers.
- Monitored and responded to SLA issues to ensure that customers were satisfied with the service.
Technical Support Agent Resume Sample 5
- Delivered technical assistance and customer service to end-users via telephone, email, and chat. Resolved technical problems related to software installation, troubleshooting software issues, and resolving operating system configuration issues.
- Recognized for outstanding contribution by initiating a project that reduced the number of customer telephone calls by 25%.
- Earned special recognition from Company President for developing new technology that increased revenue.
- Pitched in to assist two absent co-workers; aided in resolving critical customer issues within one hour.
- Received promotion to Senior Technical Support Specialist based on exemplary performance during a period of high call volume.
Technical Support Agent Resume Sample 6
- Received recognition for resolving customer issues and complaints.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues involving multiple users’ access to internal applications and databases.
- Modified application code (VB) in a multiple-tier network environment to resolve problems with tracking the identity of client referrals.
- Learned programming language (Cobol) to provide quality service; completed training on time, certifying Level II. Received certification award from the corporate office.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had used the company’s product support system.
Technical Support Agent Resume Sample 7
- Increased installation rate by 18 percent through my expertise as a support agent; customers completed upgrade/installation within 2 days.
- Helped corporate customers resolve complex technical issues relating to Windows Server, SQL Server, and Microsoft Access.
- Decreased on-site service time by 20 percent due to my proficiency in diagnosing problems over the phone; found solutions with 100 percent effectiveness.
- Achieved call monitoring Superstar status; consistently exceeded expectations by identifying issues and providing accurate solutions over the telephone.
- Installed five new servers in three business days; offered solutions that decreased downtime and improve the overall performance of critical applications for corporate clients.
Technical Support Agent Resume Sample 8
- Provided online customer support and problem resolution for a computer data backup software.
- Certified for CompTIA security+ and cisco network associate internetworking.
- Met the challenge of working remotely by handling various customer support issues via email, chat, and telephone for clients in the United States and around the world.
- Researched, documented, communicated information about various software products to existing/potential clients in a professional manner using phone/email/chat; trained customers on software via telephone.
- Proactively identified issues with team members, customers, and other stakeholders to improve our service level; presented solutions to management team based upon root cause analysis of problems.
Technical Support Agent Resume Sample 9
- Completed assignments with proficiency and professionalism; provided technical support to customers in an efficient and timely manner.
- Recognized by the Regional Manager for excellent customer service, demonstrated initiative, and maintained high levels of productivity.
- Achieved recognition as a top performer; effectively addressed client needs while providing exceptional quality of service.
- Received award for outstanding performance as a Superstar; created new programs for the division by which he is recognized.
- Achieved award for superior performance; educated clients on technology products and services used by the division that is unique from other divisions within the company.
Technical Support Agent Resume Sample 10
- Gave excellent technical guidance to clients/ users who were experiencing problems with their systems.
- Enabled users to resume activities, making it easier for them to perform their jobs.
- Resolved any issues that arose or escalated to the appropriate level of management or support personnel promptly.
- Ensured all components of the software environment were properly configured, supported, and functioning properly at all times.
- Achieved outstanding customer satisfaction ratings for knowledge, courtesy, and accuracy of responses.
Technical Support Agent Resume Sample 11
- Assisted customers by clarifying technical product specifications.
- Analyzed and resolved technical problems relating to hardware and software following established departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills by sending thank you letters to customers who were willing to participate in surveys regarding customer satisfaction.
- Achieved a score of 96.6% during product testing (Microsoft Windows Vista), which was the highest score among all team members.
- Received Excellence in Software Testing award; achieved the best possible grade during software testing; assisted in documenting, revising, and updating technical product specifications.
Technical Support Agent Resume Sample 12
- Resolved 100’s incoming and outgoing calls to technical support; effectively communicated with customers on time.
- Demanded accountability from employees, creating a culture of accountability; reduced the number of technical support calls.
- Adopted an aggressive approach to resolving problem cases; maintained relevancy for problem cases.
- Processed 300+ applications for installation licenses within 5 weeks; process licenses faster than by month before the start date of the project.
- Completed a project in 5 days; met the deadline by completing the project on time.
Technical Support Agent Resume Sample 13
- Coordinated Customer Service, Help Desk, and Technical Department’s activities with project management software and monitored the performance of technicians.
- Initiated and managed ICT maintenance projects to maintain system security, speed, performance, and functionality.
- Met with senior ICT managers to discuss new initiatives, problems, solutions, and alternatives to improve customer service.
- Managed one year of server hardware upgrades and installation in multiple locations; redesigned an end-user network to meet regulatory standards for information security.
- Derived key performance indicators from departmental and ICT data; used the indicators to identify needed changes.
To become a Technical Support Agent, you will need a Bachelor or Associate degree in Information Technology, or a high school diploma for an entry-level position. The agent will need excellent customer service skills, communication skills, computer skills, capable of data entry, excellent time management skills, have good problem-solving skills, and have patience.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.