An Advertising Copywriter develops marketing campaigns and advertisements for various companies and publications. Their responsibilities include collaborating with marketing team, designing advertisements for various media, writing editorial content, promoting the company or organization, analyzing data, and proofreading content.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Advertising Copywriter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Advertising Copywriter resumes for your reference.
Advertising Copywriter Resume Sample 1
- Built and maintained social media profiles for local television, newspaper, and radio stations.
- Directed creative teams for D. Ross Marshall & Associates, Inc., to produce print advertising communications for Fortune 500 companies.
- Collaborated with clients to create and direct TV ad campaigns that have drawn thousands of viewers/listeners over time.
- Developed online marketing driving strategies that have served over 8 million internet users on the company website in the last three years.
- Trained and supervised copywriters, directors, producers, and support staff to guarantee quality.
Advertising Copywriter Resume Sample 2
- Wrote 30 newspaper advertising campaign articles per week; edited ads to be published in over 50 newspapers, magazines, and quarterlies.
- Created copy for radio commercials that reached more than 1 million listeners; increased sales revenue by $243,000 annually.
- Generated print and radio advertising spots for a local company’s non-profit fundraiser; raised $10,000 in donations.
- Developed website advertising copy that generated interest and inquiry from individuals seeking to view the product online; increased online sales by $1,000 monthly sales.
- Composed advertisement utilizing direct-mail campaign with a press kit that was mailed worldwide.
Advertising Copywriter Resume Sample 3
- Increased purchase intent by 51% during a region-wide “Best Of” campaign for local restaurants.
- Achieved award for thought leadership in the field of restaurant marketing; generated two new revenue streams.
- Created a new restaurant category, the Flip Burger Bar, with customized advertising messages and a corresponding website.
- Encouraged “word-of-mouth” viral marketing reactions to an advertising campaign promoting a national seasonal menu change.
- Reduced labor costs by $9,000 per month through exercise regimen that improved employee morale and productivity.
Advertising Copywriter Resume Sample 4
- Increased sales of car wax by writing and placing, both print and radio, TV ads.
- Authored, scheduled, and placed over 30 radio and TV ads in two radio stations in a three-day period to promote cars on sale at the dealership.
- Handled over 30 advertisements per day while maintaining a positive attitude and building positive rapport with clients on the job.
- Managed clients’ personal contacts by coordinating with local advertising and promotional firms to achieve maximum advertiser return-on-investment potential.
- Suggested station taping process that led to increased listener recognition of commercials.
Advertising Copywriter Resume Sample 5
- Invented slogans and taglines for consumer products that resulted in the increase of sales above previous years.
- Collaborated with environmental groups, non-profit organizations, and freelance writers to develop campaign strategies for fundraising.
- Monitored and analyzed consumer trends, tastes, and preferences to determine appropriate strategies for new products.
- Successfully managed team of copywriters and developing leadership skills by providing team members appropriate feedback through constructive criticism.
- Worked independently in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment using effective time management skills to complete assignments early.
Advertising Copywriter Resume Sample 6
- Partnered with five other marketing and advertising professionals to develop, design, and produce advertisements for major companies.
- Worked with a variety of media including, print, radio, billboards, TV, direct mail pieces, and station IDs.
- Utilized the latest technologies in ad production to produce high-quality work.
- Noted result over 140 clients during my two-year tenure.
- Awarded first place in campaign awards by a large corporation; developed an extensive list of contacts.
Advertising Copywriter Resume Sample 7
- Developed a successful campaign to convey a positive attitude and personality through humorous imagery.
- Crafted memorable tagline; achieved award for the most effective advertising.
- Led team in the development of four distinct and successful campaigns including, new product, re-branding, competitor challenges, and media relations.
- Educated target audience by presenting relevant information based on their needs incorporating appropriate visuals, details, and entertainment; developed brochure with sales calls from opening page copy to graphics.
- Developed a campaign to promote a new business venture that resulted in exceeding sales quotas by 24%. As a result, increase from three market outlets to twenty-five storefronts nationwide.
Advertising Copywriter Resume Sample 8
- Produced original advertising copy for large nationally-known brands.
- Produced original marketing strategy for a major corporation and national chain restaurants in the U.S.
- Organized, presented, and produced charity fundraising events that generated awareness in major cities throughout the United States.
- Developed new systems and procedures for the organization, personnel management, advertising, marketing & public relations with major companies throughout the United States.
- Created new marketing strategies to increase sales and profits for private companies through innovative ideas for advertising campaigns and products.
Advertising Copywriter Resume Sample 9
- Excelled in writing and editing radio and television commercials to deliver sales within budget.
- Crafted print advertisement campaigns (outside, inside, and back covers) that delivered the highest number of new internal customers in the industry.
- Ensured a 12% market share gained through creative copywriting in both pre-publication campaign and post publicity.
- Directed an award-winning multi-media campaign; increased magazine sales by 27% in six months.
- Won top honors for an advertisement developed for the Consumer’s Club of America Association that helped raise more than $10,000 for charity.
Advertising Copywriter Resume Sample 10
- Participated in the on-site advertisement of an ad campaign for a government-sponsored program.
- Used computer text editing to write words, phrases, and clauses in a manner that would be understood by whoever read the copy.
- Promoted a business vendor’s businesses through sophisticated advertising techniques, including using print and electronic media.
- Produced press releases and sales literature on a daily basis.
- Completed projects on time without delays or errors.
Advertising Copywriter Resume Sample 11
- Produced slogans for nationally televised campaigns that strengthened market position and boosted sales for companies with a wide range of products.
- Crafted direct mail pieces and advertisements that influenced consumers to buy specific products.
- Implemented ideas into corporate-wide campaigns, including posters, flyers, and brochures that attracted customers to designated retail stores.
- Developed a strategy for the creative department as interim creative director; spearheaded team efforts in creating printed and television advertisements.
- Achieved award nomination as Southeastern Advertising Manager of the Year; managed creative staff, devised marketing strategies, implemented advertising tactics, and produced a variety of print material.
Advertising Copywriter Resume Sample 12
- Introduced, designed, developed, and produced marketing and advertising materials for new and existing clients.
- Created a successful advertising campaign for the firm’s mortgage division; developed copy, art, and layout to ensure the optimal impact on the target market.
- Contributed 120 hours of research to plan annual campaign coverage; organized, read, wrote proposals for proposed client portfolio.
- Conducted ongoing research on client’s current competitive performance and direction; wrote advertising proposals based on findings.
- Managed two marketing campaigns with the application of all knowledge learned in previous roles. Communicated with the team members involved in their development.
To become an Advertising Copywriter, you need a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field. An Advertising Copywriter must be creative, must be analytical, must keep current with marketing trends, must have excellent organizational skills, must be detail-oriented, must have excellent promoting skills, and must be adaptable.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.