A Fleet Maintenance Manager oversees transportation activities and vehicles of an organization. Their duties are record-keeping, managing employees, schedule-route-maintain-track transport vehicles, ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations, negotiate with suppliers, and resolve disputes.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Fleet Maintenance Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Fleet Maintenance Manager resumes for your reference.
Fleet Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 1
- Recruited, trained and supervised a staff of 15 technicians for daily line maintenance.
- Coordinated with transport company to ensure equipment was loaded safely on vessels.
- Oversaw weekly order entry process for 94 vehicles at multiple locations.
- Established relationships with various manufacturers over 10 years of taking delivery of new vehicles. Provided guidance in regards to parts availability and warranty claims within timeframe set forth by company standards.
- Established monthly business reviews which provided information on current performance, forecasted future requirements, and insight into cost savings opportunities; recognized as impacting positive change throughout the entire financial department.
Fleet Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 2
- Handled fleet repairs, tire replacements, and preventative maintenance for 80 company vehicles.
- Received “Employee of the Year” award due to ability to motivate employees while ensuring company vehicle safety standards were met.
- Managed federal compliance program for disposal of hazardous materials within one year; reduced cost by $500,000 annually.
- Identified opportunities for operational improvements that saved $150k in first year.
- Introduced new cost-saving measures including recycling where appropriate and purchasing low emission engines resulting in over $750K annual savings .
Fleet Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 3
- Promoted from the position of Fleet Maintenance Supervisor after two years of successful service.
- Identified and corrected several inefficiencies within the department while simultaneously reducing fuel costs by 10%.
- Earned a safety award for utilizing new techniques for repairing vehicles on site without a lift resulting in a 50% reduction of lost time accidents.
- Company recognized me with an excellence in leadership award after increasing productivity while maintaining competitive rates.
- Placed third in state competition for ASE certifications; maintain high standards for timeliness and customer responsiveness.
Fleet Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 4
- Self-starter and motivated, plan and implement a fleet replacement schedule for delivery trucks and staff vehicles.
- Maintain service records of all fleet vehicles; prioritize fleet vehicle repairs based on safety standards; inspects new deliveries for safety compliance.
- Identify problem areas in the inventory process leading to improved data collection methods that were adopted companywide.
- Developed customer satisfaction surveys that led to an increase in repeat business by 8% in past year.
- Gained knowledge of engine performance criteria while coaching motorsports program at local high school; provided under-funded team with racing equipment and expertise.
Fleet Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 5
- Improved fleet operations by 9%, saved $632,000 after the first year.
- Repaired and returned vehicle to customer within 1-hour of notification; resulting in $6000 income.
- Completed all training requirements for General Motors’ Advanced Leadership Program.
- Identified potential problems through evaluation of service data that led to averting a recall on over 300,000 vehicles.
- Provided leadership and motivation to maintain a roster of over 200 technicians who were essential to the success of GM’s business goals with a yearly turnover rate at 2%.
Fleet Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 6
- Managed a fleet of 30 vehicles, from cars to tractor trailers.
- Redesigned the maintenance program to reduce vehicle downtime by almost 90% and increase availability by 15%; recognized as “Employee of the Month”.
- Streamlined the work order process and guidelines for all employees; consequently, reducing response time from 8 hours to less than 2 hours.
- Improved fuel economy on heavy duty trucks by more than 18%.
- Recruited for relocation with a large trucking company that provides interstate services between two terminals in a neighboring state; hired as Fleet Maintenance Manager.
Fleet Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 7
- Maintained, repaired and replaced parts on vehicles in the fleet.
- Recognized for problem solving skills when repairing a power-train assembly that had been torn apart by the service department.
- Provided guidance to employees when designing a new electronic performance monitoring system for all types of vehicles in the fleet.
- Resolved complex issues in a timely manner while working through a variety of technical issues with technicians, managers, and vendors.
- Saved over $900,000 per year after introducing preventative maintenance program which reduced unscheduled downtime from 35% to less than 10%.
Fleet Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 8
- Maintained and repaired vehicles in a fleet operation for a major shipping company operating in the southeastern US.
- Developed skills in long-range planning, allocation of equipment, supervision of personnel, and inventory control.
- Supervised all activity relating to vehicle maintenance activities including fueling, washing, sandblasting truck exteriors, preventative servicing schedules.
- Expanded position into a fleet training role; authored comprehensive fleet training manuals to integrate new employees into organizational culture.
- Received recognition for excellence from national management team with two companies in three years; earned increased responsibilities and salary offers at each company.
Fleet Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 9
- Restored used fleet trucks acquired by an automotive dealership to match new condition.
- Restored all customer-owned fleet vehicles, both for local and national clients, to 100% vehicle standards within 20 days of receiving.
- Lead a team of mechanics in achieving first year record low failure rate on all targeted brand vehicles.
- Received credit for increasing U.S. Department of Energy savings by $77,000 (20%).
- Reduced engine repair costs by 30%, resulting in $45,500 annual decrease (2%).
Fleet Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 10
- Analyzed and synthesized data to prepare accurate reports on material, labor, equipment inventory levels, accounting impacts of budget variances.
- Estimated the cost of building a new fuel storage facility; saved $20,000.
- Identified and replaced faulty air conditioning switch that was effecting computer accuracy and efficiency resulting in less than 1% error rate system-wide.
- Built rapport with management administration staff by providing reliable information and innovative ideas which improved production levels and solved problems during difficult transition period from former manager to newly appointed manager.
- Increased fleet productivity by 22%, decreased fleet repair costs by 15%; recognized as Hometown Hero for outstanding performance from company President’s office.
Fleet Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 11
- Restored over 100 power steering units by performing extensive refinishing work to showroom condition.
- Oversaw shipment of fleet trucks half-way around the world; ensured vehicle compliance with federal, state, and local guidelines during transport.
- Achieved annual budget of $31M for department through cost analysis management; reduced costs by 40%.
- Pioneered “Green” initiative by recycling 96% of all fleet oil at a savings of $92K without compromising OEM or environmental standards.
- Spearheaded team that earned prestigious recognition from the CEO for best overall public image in company history.
Fleet Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 12
- Maximized fleet performance by implementing a preventive maintenance program that reduced unplanned downtime and increased overall equipment effectiveness.
- The cost savings enabled the company to add two new routes and increase its gross margin in one year.
- Recognized for extraordinary customer service; received certificate of appreciation from client.
- Developed an innovative solution resulting in a reduction of operating costs by $600,000 over the life cycle of vehicle after proposing alternative to high-cost system upgrades.
- Pioneered energy efficiency measures reducing fleet greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 20% within 3 years; received Governor’s Energy Bay Award for environmental stewardship and innovation in 2010.
To work as a Fleet Maintenance Manager, you need to have a high school diploma or GED. A Fleet Maintenance Manager must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, effective time management, leadership and management, follow directions well, experience and/or knowledge in mechanical or automotive engineering, familiarity with safety regulations and policies, and familiarity with auto testing tools and equipment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.