Service Cashiers support retail and grocery stores service desks by assisting customers with returns, complaints, and supporting store cashiers when needed. Their duties include cash handling, running a register, maintaining customer areas cleanliness, assisting customers with returning items, fielding customers complaints, and answering phones.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Service Cashier Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Service Cashier resumes for your reference.
Service Cashier Resume Sample 1
- Provided exceptional customer service at two different stores for seven years, four months.
- Added over $29,000 in weekly sales by a 3.1% increase in average register count; increased daily sales by 18.4%.
- Closed out register drawers accurately after each shift without errors to avoid customer complaints and prevent theft.
- Handled customer complaints professionally to resolve service issues and maintain a pleasant business atmosphere.
- Improved employee morale by leading team-building exercises; increased efficiency of all retail employees by 23.6% due to reduction of floor traffic congestion and store accidents.
Service Cashier Resume Sample 2
- Increased sales volume and lowered inventories by 45% in the first 2 years on the job, compared to the previous employee.
- Aided customers in product selection by assisting them with their choice selections and answering questions throughout the shopping.
- Increased shopper satisfaction and company image by using a friendly approach and simple language in public relations.
- Provided prompt customer service with accurate change returns and completed cash, check, and credit card transactions within 15 minutes of entry.
- Handled stressful situations such as thefts or poisoning without anger or violence by remaining calm, confident, and respectful of all parties involved.
Service Cashier Resume Sample 3
- Handled a total of 2,500 transactions involving a gross revenue of $125,000 in a twenty-four-hour period.
- Trained and supervised sixteen subordinates to operate a retail convenience store in an agreeable and efficient manner.
- Solved customer complaints by resolving conflicts, finding solutions, and seeking solutions from management.
- Managed cash sales in an accurate and timely manner to accomplish sales goals for the store totaling $125,000 in gross revenue during twenty-four hours.
- Received a 30 percent increase in bonuses because I was able to reduce errors in the system by 20 percent within the month due to my proficient leadership skills.
Service Cashier Resume Sample 4
- Served more than 300 customers with a smile, graciousness, and professionalism.
- Ensured the accuracy of over 100 acquisitions on over 200 cash registers.
- Addressed and resolved customer complaints in a positive and practical manner in less than 30 seconds.
- Assisted in maintaining an atmosphere of value and integrity in the store by promoting customer loyalty and building relationships through public service demonstrations.
- Learned to make customers feel welcome after receiving praise from coworkers for customer service skills that exceeded sales expectations by 10% at their last check.
Service Cashier Resume Sample 5
- Provided courteous and fast service to customers.
- Performed three cashier duties with proficiency following strict standards of customer relations.
- Assisted in keeping the register and self-ticketing systems in order, and further handled all necessary customer transactions.
- Gave an accurate description of all products and services offered on the premises to satisfy customers’ needs.
- Handled most situations with a smile and positive attitude.
Service Cashier Resume Sample 6
- 100% accurate sales totals for all merchandise, over $14 million over three years.
- Consistently closed sales in under one minute daily.
- Provided courteous service to customers by polishing glasses, folding clothes, and rolling silverware.
- Increased company profits with an increase in customer count from 250/hour to 1500/hour during peak hours.
- Curbed theft of customers’ property by developing a routine of identifying persons entering the store after closing hours.
Service Cashier Resume Sample 7
- Learned 14 foreign languages, including Japanese.
- Refused to work at minimum wage for over 7 years.
- Dealt with two major robberies of money-losing grocery stores, including security issues at a supercenter.
- Increased customer ring-up by 25% in the first year of customer service job, despite failing on the first attempt of completing the training required for a full-time position.
- Additionally succeeded in achieving the top fifty percent on annual employee evaluations despite being considered “unreliable” by supervisors due to continual tardiness and poor attendance record.
Service Cashier Resume Sample 8
- Promoted customer loyalty, respect, and satisfaction by six years of continuous employment with a Cincinnati-based retail store.
- Trained cashier employees to sell merchandise to customers.
- Benefited from increased sales through increased impulse buying through sales associates’ patient coaching by complimenting customer needs.
- Spent ten months in merchandising training to avoid labor disputes with labor unions.
- Increased total sales in consecutive years by $140,000.
Service Cashier Resume Sample 9
- Resolved customer service and company problems for hundreds of customers with courtesy and accuracy.
- Served as the company’s top-selling cashier, quickly identifying alternative opportunities to promote sales by assisting customers with product selection.
- Promoted the company’s image as “Customer Service with a Smile” by leading several community service projects at my store during busy holiday seasons.
- Gained knowledge and experience in management and leadership through the position of the shift supervisor, training two new employees to serve customers efficiently and productively under my direct supervision.
- Served as the company’s top-performing stockroom clerk, assisting management in the ordering and organization of merchandise.
Service Cashier Resume Sample 10
- Bounced around in retail sales for approximately four years, counting product inventory, till I was promoted to Supervisor.
- Became acknowledged specialist in my department within eight months of promotions.
- Elevated cashier productivity by pushing to increase sales efficiency through workplace training.
- Gained substantial popularity amongst customers after adding exceptional service to the job.
- Acquired recognition as an employee of the month after establishing an all-time record for customer compliments.
Service Cashier Resume Sample 11
- Won the Grocery Clerk of the Year award after increasing customer service and company profitability.
- Fired by the company after defending abuse of fellow employee and refusing to cooperate with theft by the manager.
- Earned and maintained perfect attendance and punctuality record for four years.
- Increased average daily cash register/checkout transactions from 30 to 50, increasing total yearly sales from $133,000 to $376,000.
- Maintained cleanliness and neatness standards during rush hour for the high-traffic season, despite a twenty-four-hour schedule as a front-line worker.
Service Cashier Resume Sample 12
- Worked for two years as a cashier, learning to clean and organize the store, eliminate breakage flow through inventory, stock merchandise efficiently; and deal with thousands of customers.
- Participated as a student in the Office of Enrollment Management (OEM) cadet program at the University of Washington, class 543C-International Relations and Business Administration
- Served as a cashier at West Seattle Food Company; gained experience, and observed performance evaluation procedures.
- Worked for ten months as a stamping machine operator in a small plant, where I gained detailed knowledge of production scheduling, production flow control procedures, inventory control procedures, etc.
- Obtained a managerial position in a full-line grocery store, where I supervised twenty-eight employees, including cashiers, customer service representatives, produce clerks, baggers, and stockers.
Service Cashier Resume Sample 13
- Briefly worked 15 hours per week at Burger King in my hometown for nine months.
- Increased store revenue by 25% in my first month on the job when I was promoted to front counter cashier.
- Worked fast food restaurant for three years, during which time I reached the high school honor roll all four semesters.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction skills by offering polite greetings upon entering the store; providing gracious, efficient pay action; and offering “have a nice day” farewell before exiting premises.
- Recognized for foodservice excellence after returning serve without negative incident, with cheerful attitude, over 100 times during eight-day period of employment at soda fountain flow station.
Service Cashier Resume Sample 14
- Possessed retail skills and knowledge of the entire store’s inventory to provide quick and efficient service to all customers.
- Maintained positive relationships with all retail associates, especially overbearing managers who created a stressful environment.
- Handled frequent cash transactions for customer purchases and money exchanges without errors or delays.
- Achieved 100 percent accuracy on cash register receipts and shift reports for nine years of employment.
- Managed to attain promotion to head cashier position despite unpopularity with other employees.
To work as a Service Cashier you should have a High School Diploma or Equivalence, cash handling skills, and knowledge of basic mathematics. Service Cashiers must demonstrate attention to details, customer service mentality, ability to multitask, organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, phone etiquette, be solution oriented, creative, and professional.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.