Armed Security Officers work for private and public organizations to secure buildings, money, and expensive items from crimes. Primary responsibilities include surveillance, monitoring, inspecting buildings and access points, identifying and informing violators, and engaging in various positions of conflict.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Armed Security Officer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Armed Security Officer resumes for your reference.
Armed Security Officer Resume Sample 1
- Ensured the safety of assigned personnel and property; consistently followed patrol procedures.
- Effectively coordinated with law enforcement agencies regarding security statuses.
- Provided immediate assistance to customers in need; effectively enforced regional guidelines related to safety.
- Awarded employee recognition for outstanding performance; assisted clients in need of emergency services.
- Named as one of the most dependable employees due to consistently high levels of participation and retention time within the organization.
Armed Security Officer Resume Sample 2
- Processed and logged paperwork for personal protection of a high-level target.
- Achieved award for being responsible for maintaining security on a base; successfully completed over 100 hours of monitoring duties, maintaining excellent credit card audit compliance and accountability of cash receipts.
- Received recognition from management on the first day as an agent.
- Filled out numerous applications and sent them to various government agencies within the United States.
- Processed 20+ forms per day, which allowed myself and other team members to meet required standards, maintain good attendance records and handle individual’s personal concerns in a professional manner while performing our job properly.
Armed Security Officer Resume Sample 3
- Expertly controlled an armed robbery; prevented the suspect from escaping from the business.
- Adhered to military regulations regarding use of force and weapons handling.
- Recognized by peers as an individual who consistently demonstrated integrity and was committed to working as a team player while demonstrating exceptional customer service skills.
- Received a letter of appreciation for alerting supervisors of suspicious activity; followed proper channels to report the incident.
- Awarded accolades for demonstrating above-average knowledge of the department’s policies and procedures regarding firearms, self-defense, patrol response, and crime prevention techniques.
Armed Security Officer Resume Sample 4
- Performed armed patrols on an International Air Force Base in the Middle East, ably protecting and responding to all threats.
- Became a trusted member of law enforcement, understanding the application of laws as well as basic safety procedures in order to protect and defend.
- Founded his own security company with a strong emphasis on customer service; effectively sold security services while adhering to client’s guidelines.
- Achieved award for exceptional performance; effectively responded to the needs of customers and directed employees efficiently.
- Enlisted Company Secretary position with a lucrative commission.
Armed Security Officer Resume Sample 5
- Managed detail and managed a security detail that included military personnel transporting weapons, surveilling a high-profile building, and guarding the home of a multi-million dollar “civilian” executive of a Fortune 500 company.
- Demonstrated effective leadership in a large department; effectively managed day-to-day operations on the floor.
- Recognized for outstanding performance; received the award for competitive physical fitness maintenance program.
- Received award for exceptional service to customers; helped customers with their loan applications and questions.
- Fulfilled customer service requirements for an assigned certified employee in an efficient manner; effective handling of short-term assignments.
Armed Security Officer Resume Sample 6
- Performed rigorous physical work and maintained a drug-free workplace.
- Filled ammunition, worked throughout the day and night, frequently responding to emergency calls such as barricaded subjects, hostage situations, and traffic accidents.
- Physically assisted in finding suspects and negotiating with hostile elements. Filed statements against suspects in misdemeanor and felony crimes.
- Supervised numerous security officers; educated the public about perimeter security guidelines, patrol tactics, emergency response procedures, etc.
- Maintained security of the area; worked during regular shift hours with overtime hours on holidays to ensure safety.
Armed Security Officer Resume Sample 7
- Saves lives and property; prevents injuries & damage to property through active patrolling of a crime or disaster-prone environment.
- Protection of clients, company personnel, and the general public from acts of criminal violence.
- Reporting violations: Acts as a model citizen by reporting any violation to security management.
- Applications for arrest; Conducts investigations on persons suspected of committing any criminal offense.
- Visual observation: Evaluate an area during a crime or disaster and provide assistance to law enforcement personnel.
Armed Security Officer Resume Sample 8
- Member of the Special Response Team; apprehended violent juvenile offenders within a high-crime community center.
- Awarded for Supervisory and Leadership skills in Operations during hostage negotiations with an armed criminal.
- Received award for exceptional marksmanship; neutralized armed and dangerous criminal during an undercover operation.
- Volunteered as the first responder and crisis manager at a local elementary school; managed a stressful situation involving an intoxicated family member bringing a weapon to the school in order to harm himself and others.
- Member of the rescue team who safely evacuated trapped individuals from a burning building.
Armed Security Officer Resume Sample 9
- Performed patrol checks and security checks of a federal military installation in accordance with the unit’s Standard Operating Procedures, including perimeter checks and blast area patrols.
- Confiscated contraband material, including firearms, illegal narcotics, and alcohol, while operating on the installation; turned over confiscated items to law enforcement authorities.
- Responded to calls for assistance regarding damage to government property as well as theft of government property.
- Monitored and enforced fire restrictions issued by the installation fire marshal; briefed staff on new fire policies issued by commanding officer.
- Received letter of appreciation from commanding officer for professionalism displayed on a call involving a stolen vehicle; secured stolen vehicle until law enforcement arrived.
Armed Security Officer Resume Sample 10
- Performed emergency lock-downs in response to unruly inmates on the maximum security cell block.
- Proactively addressed issues of inmate misbehavior on the R&D floor.
- Effectively coordinated a successful emergency procedure during a prison riot; minimized damage and prevented injuries.
- Resolved conflict between two inmates with diverse cultural backgrounds; thereby preventing undesired local and national media coverage.
- Recovered three missing inmates and located two escaped prisoners during a statewide jailbreak investigation.
Armed Security Officer Resume Sample 11
- Effectively controlled the entry points of a military installation; prevented unauthorized individuals from entering.
- Discovered 2 cysts in a colon during a routine X-ray check; prevented the possibility of several illnesses, including cancer.
- Avoided conflict during heated situations; remained rational and able to analyze the situation while also removing me and others from harm’s way.
- Recognized by peers for outstanding law enforcement procedures in regard to handling an armed assailant who had barricaded himself inside his home, which included negotiating with the suspect and effectively establishing containment.
- Accomplished effective searches for concealed explosives by establishing effective search patterns and liaising with supervisors for resources.
Armed Security Officer Resume Sample 12
- Member of the team that apprehended 3 fugitives; apprehended suspects without injury to themselves or suspects.
- Processed new security personnel according to State & Federal Law, including background investigations and fingerprinting.
- Handled crime scene investigation as a member of initial response team; ensured evidence was properly collected and preserved for legal prosecution.
- Handled VIPs on campus, including visiting dignitaries from around the world.
- Trained over 100 students in defensive tactics and weapons safety as an assistant instructor at a local community college.
Armed Security Officer Resume Sample 13
- Contributed to high morale and team spirit while assuring adherence to company rules and regulations.
- Creatively developed tactics to increase the effectiveness of patrol efforts in all areas of security coverage.
- Recognized for the arrest of a fugitive from justice; assisted in the apprehension of a fugitive from the law, obtaining information that led to the capture.
- Experienced with patrol in challenging urban terrain; established contacts with the local business community.
- Received recognition for its role in preventing physical harm to customers during the terrorist attacks at an international airport.
Education required is a high school diploma, along with passing a drug screening, being 21 years of age, passing a background check, and having a license to carry or armed certification card. Armed Security Officers must ensure safety, remain calm, react appropriately to emergencies, be able to drive patrol vehicles, and operate surveillance equipment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.