Artistic directors oversee all aspects of the artistic departments of a media organization. Their duties include assessing the performances to be shown, selecting the performances, recruiting actors and performers, setting production schedules, managing budgets, overseeing the creation of visual materials, managing other staff members and collaborating with other departments.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Artistic Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Artistic Director resumes for your reference.
Artistic Director Resume Sample 1
- Directed and produced the theater department’s 10th anniversary season.
- Artistic Director for 18 years; directing, producing, and managing projects including stage productions, competitions, grants, and fundraising.
- Founded and managed a dance company that operated for 12 years; organized board of directors, held auditions, scheduled performances, established casting standards and contracts with performers.
- Produced an annual television show called “Visiting with Style” which was nominated as one of the city’s top ten shows by the city’s newspaper three times in four years; negotiated sponsorships with local businesses to support production of the show.
- Produced and directed numerous theatrical productions, winning awards and accolades for both the performers and the audience.
Artistic Director Resume Sample 2
- Used detailed, creative, and effective designs for the Interior Design department; designed displays for a showroom.
- Established and maintained effective working relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
- Gained recognition from faculty by providing them with Individualized professional development sessions.
- Directed projects to ensure quality performance of tasks in each department through the use of clear instructions and communication practices; recognized as an effective communicator.
- Gave public lectures on art history, design principles, and personal aesthetics derived from extensive study of the arts; outstanding presentation skills; gained recognition as a public lecturer.
Artistic Director Resume Sample 3
- As Artistic Director, handled contracts and secured venues for art exhibits such as The National Arts Festival in Grahamstown, South Africa.
- As Artistic Director, liaised with curators and set up logistics to produce annual art exhibits in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- As Artistic Director, judged applications for Emerging Artist Grants and provided instruction on applying for these grants.
- Handled business partnerships with agencies such as the National Arts Council of South Africa; marketed tickets to art exhibits and received outstanding customer feedback.
- Handled contracts and was appointed to various committees. Included: Marketing Committee, Audience Development Committee, Awards Committee.
Artistic Director Resume Sample 4
- Held positions as: Production assistant, Artistic Director, and the head of all departments for the organization.
- Created and implemented a strategic plan to increase exposure of our non-profit by having all three museums participate in Valentine’s Day promotion, which resulted in an increase of 30% in attendance.
- Managed a project budget that exceeded $50,000; managed and supervised both union and non-union personnel for a successful opening night.
- Decreased costs by creating location shoot for commercial featuring local artist; had final cut rights by successfully producing video within given time constraints.
- Saved organization $900 by replacing software with Open Office; increased artists’ participation by initiating a marketing campaign targeted at artist of color.
Artistic Director Resume Sample 5
- Critically analyzed and evaluated performance of artist’s works.
- Organized, planned, and directed group facilitation sessions to develop artistic skills.
- Recognized as an outstanding facilitator who maintained a high standard of professional conduct.
- Worked with executive committee, staff and other artists to create the “Art for All” program; recognized for outstanding presentation of the program at an industry convention.
- Created a highly successful volunteer program. Each month, artists would be encouraged to give one hour of their time to help drive a vehicle or serve as a therapy aide at the local hospital (and other projects).
Artistic Director Resume Sample 6
- Featured as a front page story of Art in America; received numerous invitations to exhibit work across the country.
- Promoted to Artistic Director of a small gallery; managed staff, artists and interns.
- Selected to represent the State of Georgia at an international art show in Europe during summer 2014.
- Honored as one of only six Southern artists in the Provincetown Fine Arts Show, a juried exhibition, July–August 2012. Received top $8500 award in Fine Arts group.
- Selected by prestigious Delta State University’s MFA program during 2010 spring semester to teach workshops and lectures for the residency program.
Artistic Director Resume Sample 7
- Collaborated with the company’s Art Department by developing a comprehensive comprehensive artistic program and managing execution of that program.
- Designed, produced, and implemented creative annual programs for clients based their needs, budget, and time constraints.
- Oversee a staff of 18 artists who created graphic designs and promotional materials for company’s annual sales conferences.
- Oversees artistic production at company’s largest event, “Designer on the Avenue”, annually held in New York City.
- Received award for outstanding contributions to artistic programming.
Artistic Director Resume Sample 8
- Selected media that best fit the environments I worked with; effectively used graphics and media to support each project.
- Organized and directed teams, while maintaining high production standards.
- Recognized as an outstanding employee due to superior creative abilities, ability to stay on budget, satisfy clients needs, and enthusiasm in work environment.
- Took art students under my wing; personally trained them for individual projects in order to help them develop their skills as artists.
- Resolved design issues from headquarters by creatively devising solutions to solve the problem.
Artistic Director Resume Sample 9
- Launched a new fundraising initiative that resulted in a $120,000 increase in annual operating budget; gained recognition for achievement from the Albany Symphony Board of Directors.
- Raised over $45,000 through individual donations, sponsorships and earned income; established a donor base that has led to increases in overall membership.
- Secured corporate sponsorship with IBM; IBM’s donation of computers and other computer equipment has allowed the organization to reach more students at less cost.
- Achieved a 12% increase in total membership; attributed to promotional efforts and increased exposure due to implementation of new marketing program.
- Earned award for outstanding performance as Membership Director.
Artistic Director Resume Sample 10
- Managed a team of 25 employees, who earned accolades for dramatic improvements in box office revenues and audience demographics.
- Raised funds for a new venue (e.g., online auctions, benefit concerts) to serve as the performance space for our organization and community events.
- Generated positive publicity and widely acclaimed performances using unique approaches such as the outreach program to female offenders housed in Soledad Prison’s Reentry Program.
- Presented cross-disciplinary programs featuring dance, photography, and music performances with an award-winning artist in residence program.
- Expanded the theater’s seating capacity and initiated a box office call center, which helped increase ticket sales by more than 20 percent.
Artistic Director Resume Sample 11
- Showcased outstanding talent and creativity in developing students’ projects from plan to completion. Incorporated marketing strategy through promotion of student art pieces at public events.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills by fostering a creative and productive work environment that motivated employees to meet objectives.
- Achieved award for “Artistic Excellence” over two years; demonstrated leadership qualities by creating an atmosphere of creativity and accomplishment within an organization.
- Awarded “Best in Art” award; exhibited superior customer service, attention to detail, and artistic skill in the face of difficult deadlines while maintaining organization’s reputation as a company exhibiting high standards of excellence.
- Earned “Top 25% of Project Creators” award; facilitated the creative process and ensured that students’ efforts resulted in outstanding depictions of artistic talent and ability.
Artistic Director Resume Sample 12
- Sold 20% more art than previous Art Director.
- Gave 3 additional workshops and made 2 more public appearances; also, doubled the number of students in the art program.
- Trained and mentored staff to assess customer needs; established procedures to improve customer service.
- Created community outreach program for local schools and libraries; expanded company’s presence in the community.
- Expanded two annual events into yearly events by adding new promotions, new management, and new vendors.
Artistic Director Resume Sample 13
- Designed a 3D rendering of a new concept for a greeting card series.
- Directed the employee manual for print production and design department.
- Designed and supervised the yearly Easter theme for the annual Art Fair at each of our branches.
- Acted as creative director for local fundraising events, and received praise from community leaders.
- Received outstanding quality award; directed team members to meet deadlines and work efficiently.
To work as an artistic director, you need a Bachelor’s degree in art. An artistic director must demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, leadership skills, experience in directing and producing, people skills, excellent communication skills, be creative and have good Management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.