A Territory Sales Manager overlooks a specific area (also known as a “territory”) for their company and will oversee the daily sales operations that the Sales Representatives take care of while assigned to their specific territory. A Sales Managers duties include training sales employees, making sure that their team reaches their target quota, come up with new and effective sales strategies, and making sure that their company’s reputation stays untarnished in their designated area.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Territory Sales Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Territory Sales Manager resumes for your reference.
Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 1
- Achieved regional top-sales performance, making account acquisitions and increasing revenue by 20% within first year; recognized by Vice President of Sales.
- Oversaw the construction of new offices for territories with record leasing levels for three consecutive years.
- Closed multi-million dollar sales against national accounts to successfully launch products into market channels.
- Developed new training procedures that contributed to a 7% improvement in sales productivity among sales force.
- Recognized by branch leadership for ability to improve department’s success rate through effective application of coaching, training, follow-up, feedback, planning tools and monitoring techniques.
Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 2
- Developed new customers, generating $700K in first year of territory coverage.
- Secured the organization’s single biggest sale of all time; recognized by executives after closing $50 million deal.
- Wrote an exclusive sales agreement with AT&T worth more than $20 million, establishing it as major provider for telecom services.
- Pioneered video conferencing industry through live streaming web seminars; coined term “Desktop Broadcasting” during presentations to thousands of attendees at trade shows worldwide.
- Provided outstanding service by meeting targeted goals and objectives on all projects while upholding company standards for quality, timeliness, and customer satisfaction.
Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 3
- Re-design territory, initially at 10% of assigned accounts, into an improved customer profile that improved sales by 4%.
- Oversaw the monthly reporting functions to the headquarters’ branch office.
- Created a strategic business plan to reduce costs by 20%; presented to company executives prior to senior management’s unveiling of their own cost reduction program.
- Organized and hosted three major trade association events with award-winning results; empowered marketing team members to lead day-to-day initiatives in all areas of AVENGERS initiative.
- Improved customer service satisfaction ratings through increased team member training and oversight; allocated sufficient budget for client travel expenses during project implementation phase completed within budget parameters.
Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 4
- Implemented win/win sales strategy with the highest customer satisfaction rate in company history.
- Promoted to territory manager after leading successful service team for two years.
- Tripled personal income in first year as district manager by creating new opportunities, establishing strong relationships, and motivating agents to work smarter than their competition.
- Recognized for turning around low performing district; increased business volume by 142% within 6 months of taking over an unprofitable branch location in which all other managers had failed.
- Introduced innovative marketing strategies resulting in $3 million increase in annual revenue after only one year on the job. Converted 10% of challenging customers within six months’s time span.
Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 5
- Oversaw the daily activities of over 25 representatives in the south-eastern territory to ensure proper delivery of goods.
- Held earning potential for company through successful implementation of marketing campaigns that successfully penetrated into new markets.
- Identified and capitalized on market trends by establishing relationships with strategic partners, who helped lower costs.
- Achieved highest sales growth by increasing income while decreasing costs within division’s target budget; recognized for outstanding performance.
- Enhanced company growth by developing lasting relationships with key customers, which led to increase in revenue and future profits.
Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 6
- Increased revenue by over $12,000,000 in the past 12 months.
- Achieved 100% of quota for 8 consecutive years.
- In the last 3 years awarded as a top performer twice and number two performer once.
- Received Sales Award for generating new opportunities from current customers.
- Recognized with Sales Gold Cup Award for achieving company goals by prospecting new business within territory and existing accounts through cold calling.
Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 7
- Engaged in general business conversation with potential customers.
- Organized and directed the implementation of strategic account plans with team members.
- Influenced company decisions regarding product pricing through research, planning, and presentation of economic data to management personnel.
- Achieved 10% increase in territory sales volume by utilizing innovative technologies at point-of-purchase displays.
- Heightened awareness of competitor products, introduced new products to national accounts, and established new distribution channels for existing products.
Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 8
- Generated $8,000,000 in sales for my assigned territory/accounts.
- Improved sales by 10% YOY (year-over-year) and increased share value of accounts 5%.
- Managed a team of four account managers; led the implementation of departmental policies, procedures and processes to ensure efficient workflow.
- Spearheaded a full-scale expansion into 4 new market regions and grew sales force by 45%. Market share increased from 2% to 12%, resulting in 40% increase in net revenues.
- Pioneered market penetration strategy that set company apart from competitors; received promotion to Director of Marketing due to high performance rating as Territory Sales Manager.
Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 9
- Designed and implemented marketing strategies that contributed to the growth of accounts in territory by $1.5 million, resulting in a promotion.
- Penetrated existing client base with best-in-class products and services while developing new customer relationships within designated accounts.
- Increased sales volume and revenue through product expertise and utilization of appropriate selling methods.
- Trained over 20 co-workers on proper credit, collections, and provisioning procedures; recognized for exceptional performance with pay raise.
- Developed comprehensive knowledge of competitors’ products while designing robust portfolio to meet financial institution’s needs.
Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 10
- Planned, recruited, trained and supervised five sales agents in an effort to create a cohesive team of professionals.
- Positioned company product line successfully against competitor products through use of creative sales pitches resulting in increased revenue by 19% over previous year’s sales.
- Initiated innovative training techniques which resulted in positive feedback from all new hires after completion of their training program.
- Recognized for establishing the highest customer satisfaction rating on record during my tenure as Territory Sales Manager.
- Gained proficiency in various computer software programs related to the field of advertising including PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, WordPerfect, Photoshop Elements 2.0, Acrobat Reader 5.0 and PhotoImpact 6.
Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 11
- Worked with five sales people to achieve highest grossing territory in company history.
- Achieved $200K per year quota in first full calendar year, developed base of repeat customers.
- Produced sales results 3 points ahead of quota; recognized for building strong customer relations and retaining high value accounts.
- Collaborated with product engineering team to develop three new products that expanded market reach by $10MM annually.
- Presented the national account plan at corporate leadership conference; met with VP level managers within 24 hours of presentation.
To work as a Territory Sales Manager you need to have at least a high school diploma along with ample experience in sales and sales management. A Territorial Sales Manager need to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills; provide analytical and problem-solving skills; great negotiation skills and tactics; and strong leadership qualities.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Territory Sales Manager Resume Samples
- Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 1
- Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 2
- Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 3
- Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 4
- Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 5
- Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 6
- Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 7
- Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 8
- Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 9
- Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 10
- Territory Sales Manager Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up