Packaging Designer aids in creating custom, attention grabbing packaging for a client. Duties include understanding client needs, scheduling clients, determining cost and branding of a package design, illustrating packaging ideas, creating prototypes for packages, and correcting packaging according to the client’s desires.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Packaging Designer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Packaging Designer resumes for your reference.
Packaging Designer Resume Sample 1
- Designed five original concepts for a children’s toy packaging.
- Improved quality of designs by adhering to brand standards; reduced number of revisions by one-half.
- Pioneered new design solution that increased novelty items revenue by 10 percent in the region; recognized at divisional meeting for innovation.
- Revised, designed, and updated an entire packaging system for Whole Foods local premium product line; recognized at regional level as “star performer.”
- Highlighted strong work ethic and dedication to teamwork practice during six month internship with Amazon through tenacity recruited to fill open position upon graduation.
Packaging Designer Resume Sample 2
- Designed integrated graphic communication materials for multi-national companies, including magazines, ads, annual reports, leaflets, direct marketing pieces.
- Developed new graphics and styles to increase appeal of products. Worked with printers to develop new contract printing processes.
- Launched company’s first web site. Performed audits of product packaging to make recommendations on how they can be made more consumer friendly.
- Presented current market research findings about competition which resulted in the development of promotional mailings that increased sales by 23%.
- Recruited new interns each semester for university senior design project; assisted students with projects while teaching them proper work ethics and skills in dynamic learning environment.
Packaging Designer Resume Sample 3
- Received certification in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) from Ford Motor Company.
- Demonstrated expertise in lean and six sigma methodsologies while leading projects that achieved significant cost savings.
- Played a lead role in the successful implementation of a packaging redesign initiative that yielded a 10% reduction in finished goods inventory in one year.
- Acted as team leader for the redesign of a highly-complex automotive cushioning packaging system resulting in an improved design, reduced material waste, cycle time, and better customer feedback.
- Improved product quality while simultaneously enhancing our clients’ perception of Ford Motor Company through the development of innovative and aesthetically pleasing packaging designs.
Packaging Designer Resume Sample 4
- Played a major role in the development of an internal labelling system that increased efficiency by 25%.
- Redesigned the company’s entire product packaging line, which resulted in a 20% increase in sales.
- Successfully lobbied for the adoption of a new barcode scanning system that improved inventory accuracy by 95%.
- Oversaw the creation of a new company-wide packing standards program, which resulted in a 10% reduction in shipping costs.
- Pioneered the use of RFID tags for tracking high-value inventory; this led to a decrease in theft by 50%.
Packaging Designer Resume Sample 5
- Developed a new package for a product that was released in January 2012.
- Designed marketing material that featured the product’s name and place of origin, as well as images associated with the product to increase sales.
- Transformed how products were shipped from company to customer by creating eco-friendly practices at the factory and shipping plant.
- Pioneered a new vending strategy by adopting an innovative “quick pick” system to better serve customers.
- Problem solved an issue with tankers that resulted in saving $2 million in operating costs.
Packaging Designer Resume Sample 6
- Received an award for the design of an innovative and sustainable product packaging solution.
- Developed a new product packaging design that was adopted by the company and led to a 20% increase in sales.
- Successfully implemented a packaging design that saved the company $50,000 in annual material costs.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing sustainable product packaging solutions that met EPA guidelines.
- Proven track record in designing product packaging that is user-friendly and increases customer satisfaction.
Packaging Designer Resume Sample 7
- Gathered, organized, and prioritized concepts with the team of designers to develop packaging for new product.
- Created 3D renderings of newly designed package to clearly communicate new concept to all involved parties.
- Coordinated efforts with factory production teams in Asia to ensure highest quality standards were met by suppliers during pre-production cycles.
- Oversaw material selection through the stages of design, development, and production; contributed ideas that saved $50K on product cost.
- Achieved award for customer satisfaction due to positive feedback from customers regarding appearance and functionality of package after introduction on market.
Packaging Designer Resume Sample 8
- Successfully created packaging designs for a major consumer goods company that met all safety and compliance regulations.
- Developed packaging for two Disney theme park attractions that increased revenue by $6 million.
- Authored recommendations for successful entry into the EU market, which was quickly adopted by all divisions launching new products across Europe with an estimated return of $415 million.
- Implemented sensory marketing to promote sustainable lifestyle change and increased product sales by 15%.
- Received the company-wide award for innovation in design, resulting in a 20% increase in market share.
Packaging Designer Resume Sample 9
- Gained experience in fast-paced production environments while designing and producing a variety of corrugated packaging solutions.
- Played a lead role in the design and development of new packaging products in response to customer needs.
- Demonstrated an ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once while meeting deadlines on a daily basis.
- Determined the best method of production for new product based on budget and time constraints, while working in a team environment.
- Recognized by peers and executives as a quick study with the ability to learn quickly and work independently without guidance or assistance.
Packaging Designer Resume Sample 10
- Collaborated on a project that created new business opportunities and helped move our company into new markets.
- Accomplished 50% of the overall process from initial request, making a presentation for a solution to a problem, and ultimately delivering a finished product.
- Gained respect as the “go-to” person among my co-workers by being attentive to detail and showing excellent time management skills during an extremely busy period.
- Dedicated to excellence in every task; always committed 100% towards reaching daily goals completed ahead of schedule.
- Recognized for exceeding expectations with regards to meeting deadlines while simultaneously improving processes within production department.
Packaging Designer Resume Sample 11
- Designed packaging for a wide range of consumer goods, including over 100 million candy bars and over 20 million boxes in a single year.
- Received two major awards from the employer in recognition of outstanding contribution to company profitability.
- Overhauled existing graphics design to increase sales by 12% through better communication with customers.
- Improved customer satisfaction by 70% within six months after introducing new initiatives that increased efficiency and reduced cost.
- Created visual documentation for assembly line procedures, saving manufacturing time by 10%.
To work as a Packaging Designer, you must have a bachelor’s degree in design or related field of study and have experience through internships. Packaging Designer must demonstrate knowledge of branding strategies, marketing, customer service, visionary art, interpersonal skills, cost effective and environmentally friendly packaging, and detail oriented.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.