Network administrators are responsible for ensuring computer networks work effectively in an organization. Their main duties include identifying network issues, ensuring all network devices are functioning, training users on software and hardware use, ensuring digital security on the network, performing inspections to ensure all networks are functioning well and overseeing the optimal performance of networks.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Network Design Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Network Design Engineer resumes for your reference.
Network Design Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Researched, designed, and analyzed telecommunications protocol stacks and their effects on the performance of networks.
- Developed a home network that supports Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, and Windows 2000/XP operating systems while providing 100 Mbps through-put speeds for browsing the Internet, downloading music and video files from iTunes, Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Video On Demand.
- Maximized computing power by configuring local area network to increase bandwidth between two servers running antivirus software.
- Optimized design of system allowing company employees to access company databases from any central location using personal notebooks or laptops via secure wireless connection after enforcing data encryption standards.
- Identified and segmented voice VLAN to allow company employees to access company Voice over IP phone system from any central location using personal notebooks or laptops after enforcing data encryption standards.
Network Design Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Made recommendations for network design improvements to management.
- Managed the installation of complex fiber optic cable networks in both residential and commercial settings.
- Completed software training courses on Cisco routers, subnetting, subinterface creation, and point-to-point protocol (PPP).
- Designed the LAN/WAN connectivity of over 1,000 users located at 16 remote sites with an existing 8MB leased line.
- Laid groundwork for productivity by establishing uniform standards throughout four states for five telecommunications service providers.
Network Design Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Managed design and development project for Microsoft Windows 2000 that was awarded 1995’s Outstanding Project of the Year.
- Improved team productivity by over 15% after implementing new client/server-based tools, resulting in successfully submitting six bids within first year.
- Contributed to successful implementation of an enterprise level Exchange Server 2007 infrastructure built to support over 10 million users.
- Provided detailed analysis on projected costs related to exchange environment upgrades; presented recommendations to upper management committee.
- Trained junior techs on proper protocols for removing virus infections affecting critical mail servers through remote access methods.
Network Design Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Designed, implemented, tested and documented a new voice application for an IP-based PBX System using C/C++.
- Properly defined design rules for HBAs to prevent unnecessary traffic on the system fabric which caused latency issues.
- Successfully resolved complex network issue with minimal downtime.
- Implemented/deployed service upgrade in record time without incurring any outages.
- Achieved Cisco Gold Status as an Authorized Support Contractor (ASC) after first year of business.
Network Design Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Delivered key portions of design and implementation for VoIP security solution during test phase.
- Mentored junior engineers on best practices and coding standards.
- Awarded “Employee of the Year” for outstanding contributions to the development department; created new metrics, simplified existing reports, and increased overall satisfaction ratings from 14% to 98%.
- Recognized by peers as a technical expert with advanced knowledge of VPN routers, firewalls, network switches, load balancers, proxy servers, wireless technologies (802.11n), wired/wireless topologies (Mikrotik, Client Bridge Mode) , QoS management systems (Cisco). High-level understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, EIGRP, OSPF, Wireless Security (WEP/WPA), Virtual Private Networks (GRE/IPSec), Network Address Translation (NAT), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), PXE Boot/TFTP, DNS server configuration.
- Awarded “Performance of the Year” for outstanding commitment in increasing engineering department’s efforts in resolving issues for multiple enterprise-scale clients.
Network Design Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Designed a large Ethernet network for a major hospital that included moving their data & voice networks into a single converged infrastructure.
- Resolved software issues for customer’s production landscape, including performance and stability problems.
- Identified sources of poor performance in the application layer and elsewhere to improve customer satisfaction with application response time by 40%.
- Improved customer experience by increasing transaction processing speed from 16 seconds to one second – resulting in increased user productivity.
- Conceptualized new design architecture incorporating virtualization technology resulting in up-time average of 99.99% and improved processes at a savings of nearly $22 million over ten years.
Network Design Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Created a new data model for a SaaS application which was implemented, tested, and deployed to over 30,000 users within three months.
- Identified critical issues in product development cycle affecting the performance of the live environment; greatly improved performance by implementing necessary changes without any negative impact on user experience.
- Contributed technical expertise for ensuring capacity planning upgrade went smoothly with zero downtime.
- Oversaw installation of network equipment in datacenter during software system move/upgrade project; confirmed all networking-related jobs were completed 100% successfully.
- Assisted in integration testing between multiple applications across different systems; resolved communication problems that affected functionality between applications.
Network Design Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Designed, implemented and tested an IP routing protocol for mobile devices.
- Developed a common interface to support authentication, authorization, and accounting functions across multiple services.
- Addressed customer needs while working in collaboration with sales, marketing, product development teams; created designs that were successfully sold to the business.
- Tracked issues through resolution while participating in all phases of SDLC; resolved difficult technical problems independently after fully researching available information.
- Redesigned internal processes which increased department efficiency by 30%; recognized by company management for service excellence through employee training and process design initiatives.
Network Design Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Led cross-functional teams to successfully implement the roll out of a new NGN network at a high profile customer site.
- Excellent understanding and breadth of knowledge relevant to the design and implementation of wireless infrastructure and access technologies; results oriented with the highest level of initiative resulting in rapid growth within my current organization.
- Achieved competitive advantage for company by developing practical solutions that anticipate future trends, such as personal smartphones through web-enabled software applications.
- Awarded as “Top Engineer” for exemplary performance; responsible for research, development, implementation, and analysis of telecommunication software applications which yielded enhanced revenue and productivity on an international scale.
- Passionate about technology and integrating new ideas with existing business models to stay ahead of the curve.
Network Design Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Designed, analyzed, and optimized corporate network architecture.
- Migrated two sites to IPX/SPX protocol in an effort to reduce network traffic congestion.
- Deployed routers in remote locations through site-to-site links using serial interfaces without downtime or major interruption.
- Network performance improved by implementing WAN load balancing across multiple Frame Relay links with multiple VPN tunnels traversing the core of the ISP’s network.
- Implemented multisite IPSec VPNs across international borders while minimizing security risks by adhering to industry standards for encryption protocols and user authentication methods.
To work as a network administrator, you require a bachelor’s degree in computer science or its equivalent and certification by the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA). Network administrators must demonstrate creativity, technical skills, problem-solving skills, communication skills, flexibility, organizational skills and teamwork.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.