A project management office manager sees to the day to day activities of companies and ensure project management is done efficiently. The project management office manager must plan how projects will be carried out, assign roles to departments, trouble shoot any problems that arise, track time taken for each task, stay on budget, and deliver the end piece to the higher executives.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pmo Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pmo Manager resumes for your reference.
PMO Manager Resume Sample 1
- Managed a PMO supporting an enterprise-wide Enterprise Architecture initiative by providing systems development, infrastructure, and business analysis; received an Employee Recognition Award for exemplary performance.
- Managed the PMO to improve project portfolio performance by 33%; reduced total project portfolio costs by 12%.
- Evaluated and re-prioritized the PMO’s projects across multiple departments in alignment with organizational priorities.
- Implemented processes for improving communication between stakeholders to ensure smooth workflow and timely project completion through effective collaboration between departmental teams.
- Managed important project deployments and business strategies to ensure effective system deployments; received a team award for outstanding performance.
PMO Manager Resume Sample 2
- Served as the first non-accounts, payable PMO manager.
- Expanded PMO role to include the procurement of specialized tools, such as 360 reviews and enterprise resource planning software.
- Developed a thorough understanding of the CFO’s view of the company’s financial status, self-service assets, and spending habits.
- Contributed to new organization’s ability to reduce or eliminate major projects in four years; reduced cost of over $500,000 in annual maintenance fees.
- Increased financial and organizational control over project management activities; reduced bottlenecks, provided focus, and increased collaboration.
PMO Manager Resume Sample 3
- Management of contract personnel for product design and delivery to companies engaged in the telecommunication and computer industries.
- Contract management of six manufacturing plants: three in the United States and three abroad (Germany, Italy, and Argentina).
- Provided product marketing guidance for multi-level gross margin improvements through a network of international distributors.
- Conducted cost-effective, on-time delivery projects with partners in eight countries through effective pre-sales planning.
- Recognized as exceptional talent; awarded advancement to Project Manager II during five-year tenure at XYZ Incorporated.
PMO Manager Resume Sample 4
- Implemented annual training plan for all staff to ensure PMO met and maintained business objectives, such as increased knowledge of ISO standards and improved quality service.
- Improved workload management system, thereby reducing 50% of time spent on redundant tasks and increasing productivity by 20%.
- Streamlined project management methodology; reduced time devoted to routine processes, such as requesting price quotations, by 50%.
- Instituted project close-out process for all projects within budget; saved $130K within first three years.
- Reduced percentage of scope change requests by 43% through managing scope changes during the development phase.
PMO Manager Resume Sample 5
- Actively supported operating managers through regular communication and feedback.
- Stood up for higher standards of customer service, quality, and honesty in the data management environment.
- Maintained the integrity of corporate data when implementing new automation procedures, including standardization, data alignment, and validation tools.
- Managed several business areas exclusively with both PMO and human resources strategies in order to keep all departments working together; integrated human resources information into the systems used by all departments.
- Oversaw the development of new paradigms for process improvement to align agility with a mature enterprise that focuses on customer satisfaction and product innovation through process engineering methods.
PMO Manager Resume Sample 6
- Wrote, set up, and presented a proposal for a seamless health care program for outpatient mental health and substance abuse patients.
- Invented, developed, and marketed an anti-diarrhea drug; conducted extensive market research to determine target markets.
- Supported young adults with severe mental state disorders in community living; acquired $432,000 in grants and donations to provide services.
- Reduced costs while improving efficiency through the creation of three inter-departmental PMO divisions; improved performance by 20% due to more efficient scheduling of meetings, reviews, and reports.
- Devised training program for junior PMOs; taught team members skills necessary for success as project managers.
PMO Manager Resume Sample 7
- Developed and delivered a cost-effective project management curriculum.
- Successfully coached employee teams in the art of project initiation, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing.
- Assisted upper-level management in developing and modifying project management methodologies to include staffing, meeting planning, and logistics for a multi-million-dollar revenue generating business unit.
- Trained employees to apply financial control methodology successfully to multiple businesses; developed a high level of corporate oversight by using quantitative techniques to monitor performance.
- Designed comprehensive training program for existing personnel; achieved a 100% successful certification rate for the first year with 3 completely new programs.
PMO Manager Resume Sample 8
- Provided administrative assistance to the PMO Manager in project management processes, tools, and methodologies to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identified procedures for managing program changes and project regulatory requirements.
- Gained expertise in team leadership and collaboration by mentoring team members through one-on-one coaching of their professional objectives.
- Initiated PMO processes that increased PMO efficiency by 20% while decreasing operating costs by 10%. Enabled program managers to leverage specialized project management expertise without incurring an increase in operating budgets.
- Achieved certification of PMP® (Project Management Professional) through training and practice. Required extensive study beyond 8 hours of class time per day, 4 days per week, 6 months per certification.
PMO Manager Resume Sample 9
- Completed an experienced candidate selection team by overseeing the selection of four qualified personnel for positions in the Technology and Program Departments.
- Transferred several duties to other project management specialists after completing a successful project; reduced management workloads.
- Worked with organizational staff to identify and assess opportunities to better align technology and programs according to strategic plans among three divisions.
- Co-authored, “The Successful PMO,” which offers organization guidelines for selecting, establishing, managing, and retaining a successful PMO.
- Co-organized webinars on business continuity planning; trained personnel on technology and program compatibility during disasters or extreme weather conditions.
PMO Manager Resume Sample 10
- Installed a program management office (PMO) business and administration structure to streamline operations.
- Advised senior management on the implementation of cost-saving services, policy changes, and operating budget reductions.
- Resolved escalated issues by applying PMO leadership to define a course of action prior to presenting the issue to senior management for approval.
- Led a team of six consultants in developing an enterprise master schedule for a three-year project.
- Reduced capital expenditures by 14% by negotiating with suppliers for discounts on supplies and equipment procurement.
PMO Manager Resume Sample 11
- Initiated project management methodology for new budget systems for all departments; promoted productivity, efficiency, and quality through training, discipline, motivation, and organizational development.
- Developed a creative program of action by instituting employee response training to facilitate overcoming obstacles encountered at work.
- Fostered efficient coordination between personnel who were operating under different systems and budgeting methodologies.
- Effectively directed the construction of a standby emergency vehicle system to maintain medical staff vehicles in service during inclement weather conditions.
- Supervised the installation of a new software package enabling smooth operation of computer databases across the organization; created schedules and work assignments for employees.
PMO Manager Resume Sample 12
- Orchestrated the PMO lifecycle, which included: planning, monitoring, controlling, and reviewing project activities.
- Evaluated project performance and productivity; established metrics and benchmarks to improve processes.
- Facilitated communication between program managers and Project Managers in order to achieve a shared understanding of project requirements.
- Created a template for training and development for all new onboarding Project Managers.
- Employed an adaptive leadership style; provided effective training from planned workshops.
To be a project management office manager, you must have a bachelor’s degree in a field related to business or management. A PMO Manager must have the ability to multi-task, communicate effectively, gather data, implement plans, with organizational, analytical, and research skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.