Software Testers work for companies and make sure that new software works correctly and is free of any bugs. Duties include identifying problems before a product releases, making sure the product is safe to use, working with developers, giving advice on the pros and cons of a program structure, writing reports of their findings, and interacting with clients on the purpose of the product.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Software Tester Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Software Tester resumes for your reference.
Software Tester Resume Sample 1
- Consistently raised quality of product software by providing thorough, objective assessments of customer reported bugs.
- Received award for excellence in applying latest technology to test processes for identifying and disseminating defects.
- Got the quality assurance group recognized for exemplary achievement by successfully conducting quarterly audits review with department executives.
- Identified, quantified, and eliminated pricing errors in an XML based API; acknowledged by Vice President in Charge of Sales for outstanding performance before Board of Directors.
- Achieved company record sales figures; showcased ingenious use of WSDL (Web Services Description Language) tools to monitor data integrity between systems.
Software Tester Resume Sample 2
- Thoroughly tested the performance of a confidential authentication system for bank accounts.
- Monitored internal communications in order to test servers for vulnerability by Cyber Attacks.
- Recognized as an authority in Microsoft Word; conducted thorough proofreading exercises when no proofreader was available.
- Assessed outcomes when consensus-based decisions were required to be made by individuals with differing opinions, when errors occurred, and claimed that these errors did not affect the final financial report’s accuracy.
- Noted that changes made to one section of code did not affect the other sections while conducting source code auditing tests on proprietary software downloads.
Software Tester Resume Sample 3
- Spearheaded project turnaround concerning a critical defect in a high-level application valued at over $1 million.
- Realized product launch completion within four weeks with an average error rate of less than 1 percent.
- Achieved record sales figures for the most recent quarter through application enhancements and superior customer service.
- Recognized with award from superiors for contributing to team success by resolving complex technical problems, which resulted in the release of new products on schedule.
- Recommended salary increase based on meritorious performance; conducted review of company’s compensation package, realizing significant increases in total pay per year from previous salaries for all employees.
Software Tester Resume Sample 4
- Identified over 65 items of software rework to root causes in less than six months.
- Received praise for discovering 24 issues within just one month; identified by the director as someone who has excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Contributed 10 suggestions for process improvement through an email distribution list that resulted in new processes implemented company-wide.
- Selected out of 19 candidates to be part of a team certification project, which was recognized with an internal award for demonstrated excellence.
- Spearheaded bug fixing efforts during off hours, providing significant savings in labor costs; credited by management with saving more than $50k annually.
Software Tester Resume Sample 5
- Expertly programmed, tested, and documented code for Google’s DoubleClick ad serving software.
- Met project deadlines and successfully integrated with the DoubleClick ad servers in various configurations; working closely with engineers and designers to ensure timing and quality.
- Established a testing framework that increased efficiency in identifying errors and tracking defects before release; improved production schedule by ten percent.
- Supervised regular testers on projects; effectively coordinated work with development team to improve testing efficiency.
- Designed testing tools such as macros integrating into Visual Basic (VB) that enabled more efficient testing of ad server software.
Software Tester Resume Sample 6
- Ensured efficient and accurate processing of software programs as a member of the Quality Assurance team.
- Tested, logged, and resolved defects on multiple projects to ensure that programs meet customer requirements for functionality and usability.
- Provided support to other IT teams by analyzing defects’ causes; recommended possible solutions; documented workarounds and resolutions.
- Awarded “Most Valuable Tester” recognition on first assignment due to proactive issue resolution on a legacy application even though no documentation on program functionality was available.
- Worked closely with development teams on resolution of defects; helped reduce inventory balance by $400k.
Software Tester Resume Sample 7
- Identified and documented defects in web applications.
- Designed scripts/test routines to increase quality assurance coverage by performing test case data analysis.
- Performed QA regression testing of software; performed corrective action when bugs were found; tested fixes for all defects found, and verified they resolve problems.
- Detected security vulnerabilities in an internal application through manual review and through automated tools, then reported them to the Software Security group.
- Conducted penetration tests with zero-day vulnerability discovery tools on various internally developed applications to identify vulnerabilities within the software.
Software Tester Resume Sample 8
- Tested working software to identify and report defects, adhering to both defined standards and intuitive sense of quality by using various testing techniques.
- Received appreciation and reward after discovering a critical defect in production code which might have cost the company millions of dollars otherwise.
- Identified several performance issues with the highest priority through thorough analysis and review.
- Successfully executed test plan while maintaining 100% pass rate on regression tests within tight deadline parameters.
- Modified existing automated test scripts to perform additional functionalities requested by business analysts; effectively reduced manual regression test time from six hours to five minutes for one particular script.
Software Tester Resume Sample 9
- Assessed SAP software for defects, bugs, and errors. Evaluated user interface design to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Certified in 3200+ automated test scripts using QTP/UFT automation tools. Researched improvements in data simulators to enhance testing accuracy.
- Prosecuted issues concerning discrepancies between actual software performance and the requirements of the client. Initiated development of new simulators after gaining an understanding of business practices during consultation meetings with users.
- Learned web-based application testing software and developed beta scripts. Recommended changes to improve performance, such as browser compatibility and flow simulation.
- Revised test suites for two web-based applications after understanding the nature of business activity during simulation sessions with stakeholders.
Software Tester Resume Sample 10
- Took responsibility for time management and resource allocation during the software testing process.
- Ensured that all defects were resolved to meet company standards before final product release.
- Identified basic issues after extensive testing of complex code for nine new products; discovered potential backup plans in case problems persisted past launch date.
- Tested established products for compatibility with third-party components; reported findings within required deadlines, thereby preventing severe losses to major corporations.
- Interviewed applicants, tested products, and confirmed compatibility using the same tools designed by other teams; ensured maximum customer satisfaction following complete systems installation.
Software Tester Resume Sample 11
- Conducted usability studies, developed and executed test scenarios, and evaluated all BETA product releases on schedule.
- Trained enlisted personnel to efficiently conduct QA testing as a full member of the department’s Quality Control Team.
- Ensured quality control procedures providing defect detection from user-submitted reports from the field.
- Directed 15 peer testers in core development processes relating to test suite preparation, defect prioritization, software modification validation, issue closure tracking, and report completion.
- Completed first draft of Automated Software Testing Operations Procedures based on ISO 90001 guidelines despite occasional punctuation errors generated by lack of sleep due to prior commitments involving playing with my cat at 2 A.M.
You must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field. They must have excellent computer skills, communication skills, ability to multitask, must work well under pressure, critical thinking skills, organizational skills, and must be detail-oriented.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Software Tester Resume Samples
- Software Tester Resume Sample 1
- Software Tester Resume Sample 2
- Software Tester Resume Sample 3
- Software Tester Resume Sample 4
- Software Tester Resume Sample 5
- Software Tester Resume Sample 6
- Software Tester Resume Sample 7
- Software Tester Resume Sample 8
- Software Tester Resume Sample 9
- Software Tester Resume Sample 10
- Software Tester Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up