Management accountants work with companies and agencies to coordinate their accounting operations. Their duties include performing financial analysis, managing relationships with investors, recording the company’s financial status, hiring and training staff, overseeing accounting aspect of product costing and communicating financial report to directors when needed.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Management Accountant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Management Accountant resumes for your reference.
Management Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Managed daily cash receipts and disbursements. Prepared, reconciled, and justified all journal entries.
- Revitalized the company’s Chart of Accounts; updated accounts to comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Reconciled and posted adjustments to general ledger accounts; identified and corrected cash errors caused by bank transpositions.
- Reviewed complex journal entries; prepared computer work papers for purchase accounting assessments.
- Resolved employee timekeeping discrepancies; implemented corrective actions to ensure accurate payroll processing in compliance with Federal Labor Standards Act (FLSA) regulations.
Management Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Increased profits by $15 million over two years; recognized as the youngest and most capable staff accountant in company history.
- Formulated policies for controller of new division, bringing order out of chaos through accurate cost accounting procedures.
- Initiated numerous successful cost reduction programs by analyzing production costs incurred by New Product Line.
- Successfully implemented formal training program within organization, resulting in an overall savings of $20 million per year.
- Oversaw audits of all areas handled by department which resulted in a greater awareness of responsibilities throughout the company.
Management Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Tracked and compared time card data with payroll and journal entries.
- Managed projects that increased revenue, contributed to company growth, and saved the company thousands of dollars in tax credits.
- Issued monthly reports on revenue and spending for retail franchised locations; worked closely with General Manager to ensure sales benchmarks were met each month.
- Prepared monthly reports summarizing the financial results of the organization; monitored economic indicators such as unemployment rate, inflation rate, etc. to forecast future financial conditions.
- Conducted numerous projects involving diverse aspects of business including cost savings measures, pricing strategies, productivity analysis, operational efficiencies ,and market trends. Trained staff on analysis methods and tools.
Management Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Achieved 99.9% accuracy in all company financial reports.
- Implemented a new report generating software, significantly increasing the speed and efficiency of reporting.
- Developed a new system for tracking accounts receivables, resulting in a decline in write offs from 0.2% to less than 0.1%.
- Contributed to a reduction of debt from $7 million to $500 thousand through negotiation with creditors.
- Participated in the reengineering project that reduced by 15% the number of billing cycles while improving accuracy rates from 89% to 100% of invoices processed within 5 days after receipt .
Management Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Designed and implemented new payment system; reduced auditing hours by 5-10.
- Acted as liaison between the client, staff accountant, and CFO to resolve budget variances.
- Provided financial analysis of market trends in order to advise on changes in accounting policies.
- Improvised $500k cost savings plan for improved efficiencies during 6-month review period.
- As acting finance director, maintained business documentation of over 100 departments for 42 locations throughout North America.
Management Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Presented and defended accurate analysis and reporting of financial conditions for business units to upper management.
- Consulted with business unit leaders regarding product cost, profitability, and pricing strategies so as to maximize profits.
- Increased revenue by $2M within six months after implementing a new accounting method using Excel spreadsheets, ensuring accuracy so as to cut costs once the system had been implemented.
- Planned and scheduled outages for IT-related equipment and systems, executed re-cabling and installation of cable trays and conduits, maintained inventory records of all equipment.
- Streamlined internal controls across multiple accounting processes improving quality while reducing audit time; recognized by the CEO for excellence in performance.
Management Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Conducted liaison between Senior Management and Accountants to identify problems and their resolutions.
- Consulted with Financial Controlling Department to help resolve problems regarding balance sheet reconciliations, obsolete records, and asset valuations.
- Resolved the issue of balances by conducting an in-depth analysis on account reconciliations; identified linkage errors between general ledger accounts; recommended actions.
- Promoted company interest by formulating effective financial policy during quarterly meetings.
- Launched new fiscal year management reports that allowed business units to make informed decisions about revenue enhancement opportunities through timely information.
Management Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Managed and took ownership for accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Performed forensic accounting services to detect fraud, ensure compliance with governmental regulations, and preserve the integrity of systems and controls.
- Provided leadership to a team of accountants who assisted in ensuring efficient operations which were vital to business recovery after natural disaster.
- Optimized organization’s cash-flow stream by conducting business process improvements which increased revenue while minimizing expenses. Based on my recommendations, company signed two new contracts valued at $25 million each year!
- Spearheaded efforts resulting in an outstanding review rating from external auditors; recognized for dedication, communication skills, enthusiasm, results focus, tenacity, teamwork attitude.
Management Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Implemented new procedures for timekeeping, travel reimbursement, expense control; exceeded budget by $200K.
- Provided guidance to subordinates; developed budgets and monitored variances.
- Authored company’s first internal audit program of 5-year plan; identified more than $430K of potential savings, returned on investment in less than 12 months.
- Reduced utility costs through energy conservation initiatives with plant operations team members.
- Developed departmental policies for cash flow reporting, cash receipts processing guidelines, and fixed asset procedures which saved the organization over $105K annually. My efforts at the last three organizations have been recognized as exemplary my superiors with promotions or salary increases.
Management Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Successfully completed complex financial reporting project by analyzing new standards, process, and procedures.
- Identified significant accounting issues to facilitate resolution.
- Provided effective solutions for various automated accounting systems to meet organization’s objectives.
- Preformed year-end close activities in timely manner with full compliance to Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and SEC guidelines.
- Assembled team that reduced costs by $2 million the first year; recognized as a top performing team member within R&D department.
Management Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Reduced cost of goods sold by $234,000 over a three-year span.
- Expanded departmental audits to include international operations; initiated performance improvement initiatives and devised strategies to assist in meeting targets.
- Gained experience as an internal auditor, assisting the company with improving its quality control system; identified areas for process optimization and organizational deficiencies.
- Earned recognition as the “Employee of the Month” (April 2014) and nominated as “Team Member of the Year” (2013).
- Demonstrated financial leadership through continuous review of billing processes and proactive identification of intricate issues related to customer complaints; resulted in cost savings for client companies valued at more than $100,000 in annual revenue.
Management Accountant Resume Sample 12
- Managed five employees in accounts payable department to ensure prompt, accurate processing of vendor invoices.
- Converted personal bookkeeping work into professional consulting opportunities by providing financial advice for small businesses.
- Streamlined operations and reduced costs by developing an automated fund distribution system using Excel spreadsheets.
- Resolved discrepancies between various subsidiary databases by reconciling multiple data sets and discovering errors in chart of account codes.
- Tracked down missing cash receipts and created a spreadsheet to determine the total revenue collected from guests dining at the hotel restaurants over a three-month period .
To work as a management accountant, you need a professional certificate with Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). Management accountants should have good oral skills, have fluent written communication skill, be a team player, have sound business knowledge, have an eye for details, have excellent numerical abilities and be organized to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Management Accountant Resume Samples
- Management Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Management Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Management Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Management Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Management Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Management Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Management Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Management Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Management Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Management Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Management Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Management Accountant Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up