A Freelance Producer is an independent filmmaker who brings projects for film, television, and the video industry to fruition. Their responsibilities include fundraising, analyzing final scripts, networking, utilizing proper resources, budgeting, and managing shooting schedules.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freelance Producer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freelance Producer resumes for your reference.
Freelance Producer Resume Sample 1
- Successfully planned, created, and produced a short documentary in time to meet month-end deadlines for local cable television station.
- Received an Emmy Award for Achievement in Local Cable Television Programming; project was one of six nominees in its category.
- Pioneered the development of new program content for two music video shows by applying unique concepts and ideas.
- Dramatically increased viewership during primetime broadcasts by programming original artist videos which were high in demand among target audience.
- Improved overall customer satisfaction by developing ways to strengthen relationships with advertisers.
Freelance Producer Resume Sample 2
- Communicated with several international writers to create an anthology of poems, stories, and songs as a publisher.
- Conceptualized and developed a weeklong series of public service announcements for local cable company that was broadcast to over 175,000 households.
- Oversaw the production of multiple television commercials for non-profit organizations.
- Held nearly every position possible in radio station’s production department; selflessly dedicated time and energy into studio operations – especially during overnight shifts.
- Obtained exclusive interviews with artists such as Jerry Lee Lewis, Rick Derringer, George Thorogood & The Destroyers, Neil Sedaka, Roy Orbison & Friends (posthumous), and Harry Chapin.
Freelance Producer Resume Sample 3
- Managed production of high-profile marketing videos within strict budget guidelines while producing unique videos that captured customers’ attention.
- Improved overall video production process by 50% with reorganized workflow, realigned incentive framework, and refocused responsibilities.
- Optimized Return on Investment (ROI) for all digital media assets by developing content that resonated with target audiences.
- Options strategist for online entertainment company; managed one million dollar portfolio of video streaming options.
- Negotiated deal with distributors to release new shows on several subscription platforms across Europe & Middle East .
Freelance Producer Resume Sample 4
- Developed conceptual ideas for various programs related to news, sports, weather, talent, and business.
- Received two awards in recognition of outstanding achievement in writing during college studies.
- Published six poems in numerous literary magazines while at the University of California, Santa Cruz.
- Wrote four short stories with themes ranging from suspenseful mystery to sci-fi action adventure; one published online on SciPhi Journal.
- Organized three seminars hosted by the Writer’s Guild Foundation including attendance of over 100 family members and friends.
Freelance Producer Resume Sample 5
- Developed and implemented media plan for business/corporate client.
- Produced informational program, including conceptualization, writing scripts, producing teleprompter feeds, directing talent in studio and live direct.
- Conceptualized ideas for Internet webcasts; brought to production ready status in under 30 days.
- Supervised all aspects of show’s creation process; editing, graphics, music selection and talent direction.
- Authored multiple-placement articles per week on economy, business oriented industry subjects; increasing readership fivefold in one year.
Freelance Producer Resume Sample 6
- Registered a patent for “An Improved Method of Providing Online Consumer Reviews” to manage the increasing quantity of online reviews and critiques.
- Recognized as a social media expert by NY Times , Forbes, Entrepreneur, and The Guardian.
- Authored book about crowd-funding which is now in its 4th edition with global distribution through all major online retailers.
- Cultivated over 14 million followers throughout my blogging career; wrote blog for CNN regarding issues ranging from personal finance to health care reform, often with insight gained from years in corporate America .
- Awarded Best Personal Finance Blogger of 2010 by readers of USA Today’s Money section.
Freelance Producer Resume Sample 7
- Starred in a Media Access Award-winning show that showcases diverse perspectives and voices for people who are blind or low vision.
- Produced a weekly radio show, which featured the work of essayists whose fiction has been published in literary magazines.
- Managed director/editorial team during independent film project; recognized by colleagues for exceptional leadership and ability to find creative solutions to unique production challenges.
- Pioneered cutting-edge programming initiatives resulting from the creation of an Internet radio station dedicated to exploring music forms with ties to African culture.
- Scored new distribution partnerships during second year in position; managed $10,000 budget for promotional events while increasing listenership by 50%.
Freelance Producer Resume Sample 8
- Helped launch a new radio station and improve its market share while writing and producing all commercial copy and scripts.
- Collaborated with digital media directors to create the best possible multimedia coverage of local events; earned awards for excellence in video production.
- Maintained strong working relationships with commercial sponsors throughout negotiations, contract reviews, and message campaigns to increase retail sales.
- Responsible for creating all written content that appeared on website, social media platforms, banners, billboards, newsletters, press releases and reports.
- Contributed ideas and strategies by generating concepts to expand business opportunities; responsible for effective implementation of strategies through project management; earned awards for Outstanding Performance (x3).
Freelance Producer Resume Sample 9
- Produced video broadcast for ABC affiliates in Miami, Florida.
- Conducted interviews with top experts regarding global warming and the effects of greenhouse gases on the environment.
- Authored scripts for current events news broadcasts; landed job as producer after submitting script samples.
- Devised promotional video campaigns to launch new programs/products used across all media platforms including television, internet, DVD, social media, etc.
- Pioneered innovative online advertising solution for mobile phones through Apple’s iAd network; received recognition from international Hispanic marketing association (ASHA).
Freelance Producer Resume Sample 10
- Gained experience in four media platforms, quickly rising from volunteer to paid positions.
- Spearheaded the development of new social marketing initiatives for online content management systems.
- Collaborated with public relations team to spread messages about new products/services via Twitter and Facebook; promoted firm’s exposure on news websites.
- Optimized advertisement revenue by developing strategies that increased website click-through rates (CTR) through SEO improvements.
- Supported sales department by creating cross-platform media kits including television commercials, print advertisements, and digital photos; garnered coverage on more than 468 media outlets.
Freelance Producer Resume Sample 11
- Managed and directed all facets of project development and supervision in accordance with agency, client, and company procedures.
- Created award-winning TV spots for companies such as AT&T, McDonald’s, Applebees’, Intel, Southwest Airlines, and Nintendo; recognized by the Art Directors Club for excellence.
- Organized events such as press conferences to generate multimedia materials. Helped produce live shots for media networks NBC, ABC & CBS.
- Devised strategies to improve workflow processes and meet deadlines while creating corporate videos.
- Earned a MBA from online school Post University in Project Management and Leadership based on over 3000 hours of coursework and training completed by self study.
To become a Freelance Producer, you need a bachelor’s degree in film or a related field, in addition to experience in the video industry. A Freelance Producer must be creative, must have excellent business acumen, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must be extremely knowledgeable in the video industry, must have excellent time management skills, must have excellent leadership skills, and must be able to self-promote.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.