A server admin works in the IT industry, maintaining computer networks. Duties include upgrading software, hardware maintenance, troubleshooting, tech support, monitoring server status, server security audits, upgrading hardware, and analyzing system network functions.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Server Admin Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Server Admin resumes for your reference.
Server Admin Resume Sample 1
- Supervised and managed 100+ Remote Desktop Services Servers to ensure optimal uptime and performance of core server services.
- Identified, tracked, and resolved critical customer alerts within the required SLA or escalated to tier 3 support if needed such as disk failures, memory errors etc. for all servers.
- Troubleshot customer issues by accessing data stored on each server remotely through published resources; identified root cause of issues quickly with minimal downtime.
- Trained new hires in all aspects of remote desktop service administration and troubleshooting including integration with Citrix and Active Directory Authentication Services (ADAS).
- Received Citrix System Administrator of the Year Award for outstanding performance in all categories including sales, customer support, knowledge management, and technical support.
Server Admin Resume Sample 2
- Performed in-depth troubleshooting resolution for server, storage, and network connectivity issues.
- Improved automated software process to increase efficiency of the department by 30%; recognized by supervisor for excellent commitment to improving customer experience.
- Tasked with converting servers from physical equipment to virtual; managed entire conversion within budget while continuing full support to current customers.
- Worked on three major projects simultaneously that involved updating operating system kernels, migrating all servers to new hardware/software systems, and developing an internal web interface for increased security.
- Identified sources of slow performance during peak hours; proactively addressed technical issues before they affected productivity or customer satisfaction metrics.
Server Admin Resume Sample 3
- Provided technical support for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Linux systems.
- Troubleshot and resolved complex hardware and software issues for customers.
- Conceived innovative solutions to problems encountered by customer computers that led to their further productivity.
- Aided in design of a secure computing environment on mobile devices protecting the online privacy of thousands of individuals worldwide.
- Designed an internet-based notification system increasing efficiency levels at major shipping ports by reducing processing time from three weeks to seventy-two hours.
Server Admin Resume Sample 4
- Deployed new servers in less than 24 hours during tornado warnings, power outages, and key staff absences.
- Provided IT Services to over 200 servers and 20 terabytes of data during long-term illness and antibiotic treatments.
- Designed and installed a solution for building management that allowed access via fingerprint biometrics.
- Provided overall leadership in global virtualized infrastructure installation in only 3 months; contributed to positive company finances by eliminating $550 per day in expenses and increasing server capacity from 12 to 40.
- Planned system upgrades for memory, storage, CPUs; also planned support contracts renewal through negotiations with vendors’ managers.
Server Admin Resume Sample 5
- Assigned, completed, and resolved tickets within an average of 8 minutes.
- Secured company’s e-mail server by installing new Linux kernel version with custom security patches; established consistent integration between spamassassin, clamd, amavisd-new, and Postfix.
- Completed all RACF and RFW administration for eight IBM Mainframe Host Systems while maintaining production support levels during System Outage/Maintenance Periods (SOMPs).
- Identified TCP/IP connectivity issues; successfully resolved three critical support incidents on consecutive days.
- Mastered Autosys to streamline administrative tasks; established a daily backup window that enabled transmission of messages to end-users.
Server Admin Resume Sample 6
- Led a team of 20 in the complete upgrade from Windows XP, Office 2003 to Windows 7, Office 2010.
- Accomplished server migrations from entry-level Dell servers to enterprise-class HP servers utilizing LANDesk and Active Directory.
- Spearheaded virtualization efforts during server consolidation process; promoted dynamic resource allocation between VMs and physical hosts.
- Converted six stand-alone file servers into DFS namespaces through the use of Microsoft’s BranchCache technology.
- Minimized downtime for remote workers by creating seven new VPN tunnels which provided secure access to company applications without compromising speed or security.
Server Admin Resume Sample 7
- Provided Level 1 technical support for over 100 end-users
- Deployed key software patches to 25 servers within 12 hours of receiving notification from information systems
- Migrated 16 workstations, 11 printers, and 8 e-mail accounts in under 2 hours while adhering to service level agreements for all users
- Authored implementation guide detailing the implementation of an enterprise virtualization solution while increasing server performance by 40%
- Trained 8 new hires on desktop applications within two weeks after being hired as a contractor; recognized by the team leader for outstanding ability during peer review session.
Server Admin Resume Sample 8
- Referred to as “Top Gun” by peers for consistently exceeding corporate-wide network storage capacity utilization targets.
- Reconstructed server hardware, OS, and applications after a catastrophic RAID failure.
- Improved customer satisfaction ratings through proactive support, remote access help desk capability with detailed documentation of every case.
- Pioneered new wireless networking technology for guest-based security concerns; recognized by CEO for excellence in innovation.
- Achieved top performance rankings in productivity, quality metrics, and costs savings without biasing the user community’s service levels or response times.
Server Admin Resume Sample 9
- Updated, fixed, and created new computer software programs.
- Added new equipment to production lines; recognized by management for outstanding performance.
- Created a virtualized server environment that is five times faster than its predecessor.
- Deployed seven workstations with ease, which are now used by over twenty-five employees across three different locations.
- Implemented backup for all servers in less than twelve hours; resulted in zero down time of the company’s website.
Server Admin Resume Sample 10
- Implemented security policies and procedures following HIPPA guidelines.
- Adhered to all levels of industry standards i.n accordance with ISP, Microsoft, or Cisco depending on the client’s specific needs.
- Re-organized IT department through effective personnel reallocation utilizing knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Increased server uptime by 30% over three months; recognized by company president for outstanding work ethic and dedication toward excellence in customer service.
- Designed website for local community organization; coordinated content with graphic designer.
Server Admin Resume Sample 11
- Sorted and scheduled daily email quota for 3,000 user accounts.
- Performed data entry for over 100 documents; saved time and money by updating contact information in minutes instead of days.
- Streamlined the process of configuring and deploying virtual machines to save 4 hours on average per task; recognized as an expert by coworkers.
- Routed all internet traffic through a proxy server; added 500 firewall rules to protect network from unauthorized accesses within 30 days.
- Provided innovative ways to distribute company-wide alerts, including SMS messaging and RSS feeds; enabled employees’ accessibility throughout the workday.
Server Admin Resume Sample 12
- Created scripts, runtimes, directories, and databases for better server performance.
- Utilized Blueprints for installation of new servers in the co-location facilities, ensuring optimal operational conditions.
- Assisted with server upgrades to ensure high quality of service levels required by clients.
- Improved internal processes by developing interfaces between accounting software and customer portals; increased efficiency within bounds set by company standard practices.
- Streamlined internal structures through re-engineered workflows; reduced overhead costs while increasing revenue per customer.
Server Admin Resume Sample 13
- Redesigned the network architecture for Company A to provide faster, more reliable access to applications and storage across multiple WANs.
- Supervised 24-hour server room operations during office closure/holiday periods; successfully completed critical projects on time and within scope.
- Diagnosed, repaired, upgraded, and implemented new technology seamlessly into the environment without interruption of daily business.
- Coached staff in use of support tools that expedited response to inquiries; recognized by peers as a top performer.
- Made significant contributions towards reducing client downtime through proactive processes including monitoring systems with alerts sent via email or SMS for immediate attention.
Server Admin Resume Sample 14
- Enhanced system performance and reliability through effective tuning and tweaking of the operating system, the web server, and multiple components.
- Identified and solved many problems in our web service’s information gathering process while never compromising personal privacy or member confidentiality.
- Improved user experiences while saving $250,000+ by making operations more efficient while implementing user-friendly features.
- Streamlined processes to reduce costs by 50% without sacrificing customer experience or the quality of services provided; recognized for excellence by upper management.
- Taught team members how to use new software packages which streamlined key business functions across all departments resulting in a 20 hour reduction in work time per week.
Education requirements include an associate or bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, the experience is preferred. Skills to succeed include knowledge of computer languages, experience with troubleshooting, analytical, organized, detail-oriented, good telephone etiquette, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a thorough knowledge of hardware systems.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.