A Rig Mechanic supervises the drilling equipment on board and does maintenance. Their duties include job training, collaborating with other site workers, identifying defects, repairs and maintenance, using diagnostic tools, and updating repair records.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Rig Mechanic Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Rig Mechanic resumes for your reference.
Rig Mechanic Resume Sample 1
- Invented a hydraulic system to lift and transport heavy equipment, saving employers thousands of dollars.
- Formulated an all-purpose cleaning solvent, reducing expenses by thousands of dollars and preventing environmental damage.
- Increased production by 50% due to my ‘take charge’ attitude regarding emergency repairs that required immediate attention.
- Coaxed the most out of my staff without the need for discipline; successfully assimilated three new staffers into our team.
- Operated multiple machinery units at one time with the minimum amount of supervision; promoted from apprentice to fully-qualified operator within one year of being hired.
Rig Mechanic Resume Sample 2
- Accomplished work on projects from end to end, from initial site assessment to final repair.
- Effectively documented repairs and maintenance projects; updated the daily log and provided documents for completing formal inspection reports.
- Achieved award as a team member for completing all technical requirements as per FHA guidelines at an estimated cost of 9% less than competitors.
- Maintained job site safety; kept the area clean and safe, following OSHA and DOT guidelines.
- Arrived at job sites on time, prepared for a typical day with required tools and materials.
Rig Mechanic Resume Sample 3
- Proactively monitored operating costs and made recommendations regarding preventative maintenance schedules and services.
- Developed contacts with vendors to assist in locating hard-to-find items in a timely manner.
- Identified malfunctions and compiled information for troubleshooting; assisted management in minimizing cost resulting from downtime, repairs, and maintenance.
- Recommendations for replacement items; calculated time required for installation of new equipment.
- Effectively completed daily log sheets on mechanical equipment; identified trends in problems incurred based on clients’ input.
Rig Mechanic Resume Sample 4
- Functioned as a junior line mechanic; improvised with on-site inventory and materials, either purchasing or salvaging various parts for all equipment.
- Achieved award for excellent service for exceeding customer satisfaction guidelines.
- Received outstanding quality award; efficiently compiled data regarding repair and maintenance needs.
- Recognized by management for excelling in the field of maintenance and repair through the annual mechanic repair awards program.
- Inducted into local organization’s Hall of Fame; developed a creative solution to an unusual problem in less than 15 minutes, saving the company hundreds of dollars in potential downtime.
Rig Mechanic Resume Sample 5
- Completed training course for proper maintenance and operation of Rig Mechanics.
- Employed shop safety procedures to avoid accidents.
- Achieved award for timely completion of work orders.
- Reduced failed job start-ups by 20 percent by recommending the replacement of failing parts.
- Transferred parts inventory to a more cost-effective system; eliminated $2,900 in inventory shortages.
Rig Mechanic Resume Sample 6
- Performed belt and hose maintenance on a continuous basis; recognized by the Maintenance Supervisor for outstanding performance.
- Received the “Above and Beyond” award for willingness to take on extra tasks including shop clean-ups, equipment repairs, changeovers, etc.
- Identified opportunities to reduce costs in operations by identifying non-productive work (e.g., unnecessary tool changeovers); presented results to the management team.
- Awarded “Manager’s Award” for finding opportunities to reduce costs; presented findings at monthly department meeting as well as at monthly Operations Team meeting with Vice President of Maintenance.
- Effectively used new online maintenance management system; identified areas of improvement in system design based on experience with the new system and presented findings at systems user group meeting.
Rig Mechanic Resume Sample 7
- Was responsible for maintaining the integrity of ground and flying equipment by conducting inspections, applying maintenance procedures, and troubleshooting.
- Assisted military personnel with inspection of machinery before the flight in order to ensure aircraft readiness.
- Observed aircraft maneuvers in order to determine whether mechanical malfunctions were due to improper performance or damage; inspected defective parts.
- Maintained equipment by disassembling, assembling, repairing broken parts, and installing new gears, bearings, and other components.
- Inspected lubrication systems while providing information necessary for repairing or replacing malfunctioning parts; repaired damaged engine components.
Rig Mechanic Resume Sample 8
- Stored and maintained extensive tool inventory.
- Demonstrated ability to repair and maintain mechanical equipment in isolated operations such as air conditioning repair and pressure relief valve replacement.
- Recipient of award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan.
Rig Mechanic Resume Sample 9
- Replaced the transmission on a 1999 Ford Ranger truck (4X4) in under 2 hours.
- Trained to perform multiple other maintenance and repair procedures, including engine overhauls, transmissions, and brakes.
- Trained technicians to perform oil analysis; customer service was handled with efficiency and professionalism.
- Successfully completed repairs on complex transmissions that were twice as difficult as originally stated.
- Certified by the Toyota Dealer Alliance for master-level technicians, recognized for individual achievement and technical proficiency.
Rig Mechanic Resume Sample 10
- Possessed skills in advanced diesel and gasoline engine maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Diagnosed drive train problems, made recommendations for repairs.
- Completed inspections of multiple vehicle models; designed logistics for engine service, parts, and hull repairs.
- Effectively followed up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Achieved excellence awards for crane expertise during an overhaul on multiple ships; developed work schedule that exceeded requirements by $5 million per year.
Rig Mechanic Resume Sample 11
- Operated and maintained heavy machinery while performing a variety of jobs including repairing, maintaining, and installing equipment.
- Installed new machine elements on the production line.
- Scheduled periodic maintenance and repairs of equipment.
- Repaired machines using proper methods to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Coordinated with vendors to ensure repairs were made promptly; ensured quality standards were met by inspecting all parts prior to removing from inventory or installation on machine or equipment.
Rig Mechanic Resume Sample 12
- Assisted in the completion of weekly production reports by maintaining accurate records regarding employee work hours, equipment usage, and time spent per task.
- Handled many routine maintenance tasks as directed by management to increase overall performance.
- Provided leadership by training subordinates on daily tasks and overall operations by completing safety orientation, required training, and familiarizing each crew member with the daily agenda.
- Received Award for Excellence; Recognized for outstanding performance as a Quality and Efficiency Toolbox winner through recognition of numerous tools developed & implemented toward overall departmental improvement.
- Recognized for assisting in the completion of weekly production reports by maintaining accurate records regarding employee work hours, equipment usage, and time spent per task.
Rig Mechanic Resume Sample 13
- Dispatched repair technicians to customer residences within a 30-mile radius of Houston, TX; effectively communicated with customers, thereby maintaining positive feedback.
- Received an outstanding quality award for the state of Texas; effectively demonstrated strong communication skills, positive attitude, and self-motivation.
- Received an outstanding quality award for the state of Texas; effectively demonstrated a level of performance commensurate with an entry-level employee at the job’s inception.
- Collected scrap metal from customer sites and delivered to appropriate recycling facilities at minimum cost to the customer; received excellent customer service skills from customers who were pleased with the service provided by employees.
- Consistently met customer satisfaction standards; received positive feedback from customers concerning on-time deliveries of new equipment.
To work as a Rig mechanic, you need to have a high school diploma or GED and multiple years’ experience as a mechanic or oil rig worker. The Rig Mechanic must be a team player, take action to accomplish a standard that is above expectations, promote a safe work environment, embrace the company’s values, be customer service oriented, have stamina, lift up to 50 lbs and work in various weather conditions.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.