Corporate Travel Agents handle all the travel arrangements for corporate clients. Their duties include buying airline tickets, obtaining passports, arranging rental cars, making hotel reservations, helping employees make changes, solving problems with any part of the travel plans, and helping employees who have special needs.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Corporate Travel Agent Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Corporate Travel Agent resumes for your reference.
Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 1
- Assisted in over 500 flight bookings of travelers and their families, leading to 5%+ increase in sales.
- Developed and executed itineraries which accomplished twelve critical airline industry goals, including direct connection to the customer, price discounts, points free flights, and special needs airfare.
- Recruited new clients for the travel agency; I would never have had the opportunity to do this without my agent experience.
- Increased participation in group buying programs by establishing a base line for others to follow and utilize as a benchmark for major purchasing decisions.
- Held a 4.6% annual increase in commissions, which was achieved by analyzing client data for twelve months; including verifying client requirements and making appropriate market comparisons.
Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 2
- Trained colleagues and supervised the fulfillment of travel plans.
- Accomplished sales goals by negotiating rates and negotiating for promotional, group, and package benefits.
- Instilled a sense of commitment throughout the organization to exceeding customer expectations.
- Excelled as a supervisor in record time.
- Received commendation from the DC President’s Club; acquired new business leads through community outreach, special events, and door-to-door solicitation while implementing company policy changes.
Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 3
- Managed the $500,000 corporate travel budget effectively; exceeded revenue goals.
- Designed and implemented a new travel policy that resulted in company savings of over $50,000 using commercial airline miles.
- Pioneered service by developing weekend flights that offered after-hour entertainment options on board; awarded as Company’s Top Travel Agent for two consecutive years.
- Established positive relationships between customers, suppliers, and co-workers thereby generating significant income for the company.
- Trusted consultant to executive management resulting in numerous new business opportunities for the corporation.
Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 4
- Managed twelve employees including sending, receiving, and distributing mail.
- Recognized as effective team member in delivering premier customer service to corporate clients.
- Established a new personal record by personally booking two flights with one stop each within a fifteen-minute time limit.
- Developed a client relationship with an airline that resulted in over $500,000 in total bookings within the first year of service.
- Received award for outstanding sales performance; consistently exceeded goals set by management and competitors by 30% during the first year of service.
Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 5
- Organized and scheduled company travel for three executives, including air and rental car arrangements, dinner reservations, and entertainment.
- Convinced a corporate client to retain a corporate travel agent by offering an exclusive discount plan on high-end hotels and restaurants.
- Achieved 100% customer satisfaction level with Fortune 500 clients; prepared custom itineraries which included golf tournaments, hunting and fishing excursions, theatre engagements, shopping trips, etc.
- Presented full month of sales presentations to four surrounding business complexes; secured 10 new clients who contracted for weekly services.
- Conferred with six existing clients to determine travel preferences; planned client-specific travel arrangements.
Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 6
- Inventoried assigned corporate accounts to verify travel schedules and confirm tentative plans.
- Intercepted callers, gathered pertinent information and assisted in developing new business.
- Reminded travelers of special event calendars and encouraged them to register for conferences, trade shows, and training sessions.
- Ensured tickets for stranded passengers were reissued by obtaining confirmation numbers for travelers’ alternative carriers.
- Expedited passport applications from International locations upon request from the Regional Sales Manager.
Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 7
- Had 20 years of experience as a corporate travel agent, earning the trust of managers and scheduled guests.
- Directed and optimally coordinated annual worldwide fairs for over 50 years, totaling over 70 events per year.
- Expanded global business markets with continuous growth.
- Maintained top sales percentages at each sale location under nine national affiliates.
- Received national awards for success in sales, customer service, communication skills, and efficiency from five national associations.
Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 8
- Handled a variety of corporate travel arrangements including airfare, hotel, passport, and visas for nearly 200 employees and their families.
- Established direct contract with Delta Air Lines to ensure best-buy rates.
- Scheduled business trips to Germany, Paris, London; supported president’s visit to Ireland and England.
- Coordinated business travel itineraries for training seminars in Tokyo and South Korea.
- Wrote a weekly column regarding the leisure side of travel which appeared in five major newspapers across the US.
Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 9
- Achieved 100% customer satisfaction rating for the first year on the job; conferred with clients to create a custom itinerary for each trip, focusing on cost, time, and travel comfort for each client.
- Secured corporate accounts with ten companies totaling 1,800 employees; increased traveler numbers from 50 employees in 2005 to 250 in 2006.
- Dramatically reduced company expenses by providing valuable travel-related services at no charge to customers who used the company’s products or services.
- Reinforced the company’s motto of “Just Do It” by recognizing ability of coworkers to accomplish difficult tasks despite challenges and obstacles.
- Established working partnership with two airlines by negotiating mutually beneficial agreements between the airlines, company, and customers.
Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 10
- Planned, purchased, and arranged business travel itineraries for over 400 business travelers per year.
- Supervised administrative duties as Travel Office Manager; managed and trained six employees in customer service and appointment scheduling.
- Earned Peacock Society Award for customer service excellence in a corporate division that generated $200 million sales volume.
- Acted as Travel Agent for five family members to eighteen countries by booking round-trip flight arrangements, accommodations, and sightseeing tours.
- Managed the details of each vacation package; secured tourist cards; verified hotel confirmations; obtained required tourist visas; arranged rental cars and tours.
Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 11
- Advised, scheduled, and coordinated travel itineraries of over 200 clients per week around the world.
- Served as lead agent in the creation of a three-tiered corporate travel planning network in which I managed twenty-one agents.
- Generated more than $1.8 million in sales while maintaining 85% customer retention rate within first six months on the job; awarded “Employee of the Quarter” honor by management team and peers.
- Recruited individuals for over 50 different positions; successful in placing 30+ employees into new positions with other corporate clients within one year.
- Established interoffice training programs and procedures for travel planning, bidding, and execution.
Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 12
- Managed ten employees from start to finish during the first year at the job.
- Outlined annual sales and marketing plans, coordinated with sales and marketing teams, and tracked monthly performance.
- Maintained close contact with corporate travel department, supplied materials such as brochures, indices, and directory information.
- Initiated new corporate travel plan; worked closely with the accounting department to ensure inclusion of T&E expenses in expense reports.
- Proved loyalty by providing detailed responses to special requests made by senior managers.
Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 13
- Handled over 2,000 travel itineraries from initial contract to customer satisfaction. Retained 100% positive customer rating by using personal calls, email, and online resources.
- Created new structure of all corporate travel and introduced system of quality service in the workplace.
- Improved work environment by resolving internal conflicts related to travel hours and vacation time.
- Reorganized the corporate travel department; reduced time, cost, and employee frustration while increasing profits through new marketing initiative.
- Improved interpersonal skills through lessons on customer service and networking.
Most employers require a bachelor’s degree in business or in liberal arts in order to perform this job. Skills needed to be successful include the ability to work independently, a desire to be helpful, initiative, patience, flexibility, excellent math and computer skills, proficiency in MS office, problem-solving skills, a professional attitude, and courteousness.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Corporate Travel Agent Resume Samples
- Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 1
- Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 2
- Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 3
- Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 4
- Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 5
- Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 6
- Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 7
- Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 8
- Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 9
- Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 10
- Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 11
- Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 12
- Corporate Travel Agent Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up