Network Support Engineers resolve customers’ technical issues. Their responsibilities include assisting customers over the phone while configuring and troubleshooting networks (such as LAN and WAN), phone systems, workstations, etc. Other responsibilities include communicating between customer support and sales teams to properly take care of the customers’ problems.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Network Support Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Network Support Engineer resumes for your reference.
Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Distinguished myself by assisting ticketed users in resolving technical problems regarding Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, MSN Messenger, MS Outlook Express, MS Windows XP/98/95/2000/ME.
- Superior technical knowledge of IBM 486DX systems lead to my recommendation for use of 386’s in the company’s environment.
- An authorized user of ITIL v3 under the Service Transition role which outlines my ability to use tools and processes to gain the most efficient use of services within a support organization.
- Aided in developing an enterprise-wide plan for server management by recommending common tools for asset management which reduced costs by 22% while increasing functionality.
- Managed my work area with ITIL 5MT to ensure that I was always aware of my team’s performance.
Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Effectively maintained and updated operating systems, servers, and network administration in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated excellent time management skills in solving urgent hardware, software, or networking problems in a timely manner.
- Performed activities related to security auditing from system logs onto hard drive from application log files.
- Provided guidance and training on Microsoft NT 4.0 Server data structure and functions through the use of Visual Basic Scripts. Sold programs to customers that required improved data storage to support current Customization requirements. Has used several different catalog types including Internet Sweep to generate new programs for customers who needed them the most.
- Ensured that requested information was provided to customers in a timely manner, with accurate information.
Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Repaired and maintained computers, printers, and network systems for local area network.
- Troubleshot PC operations to determine cause of problems; solved issues on two PDAs, two cameras, two printers, four PCs.
- Tested hardware/software combinations to ensure compatibility of components; repaired one screen monitor.
- Secured backup infrastructure solution for backup files; trained junior engineer for use of new software.
- Installed new computer system from Internet site using remote control software; documented process in procedure manual.
Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Directed company’s $1.5 million wireless mesh network infrastructure, applying knowledge of Cisco switches, routers, and wireless systems.
- Performed system administration for four different server clusters consisting of nearly 20,000+ nodes connected to one another over 22 Gbps of LAN backbone.
- Performed network configuration, installation, and troubleshooting of specialized hardware and software necessary for on-line data collection centers.
- Stored more than 500 terabytes of data on more than 500 VMWare virtual image servers; used Virtual Image Manager (VIM) to extract data from each server at a rate near the speed of writing the files to disk.
- Designed and implemented automated backup routines for daily, weekly, and monthly backups to offsite media.
Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Developed and implemented new service offerings and technical solutions to existing network infrastructure.
- Resolved customer concerns and delivered accurate information to clients in a timely manner.
- Increased efficient network infrastructure capacity and performance by implementing efficient configurations and integrating best practices related to information security, firewall, intrusion detection, content filters, load balancing, software licenses management, system management tools, and antivirus solutions.
- Celebrated department’s “Most Improved Employee” award for excellent job performance; addressed the needs of all levels of staff within five months of joining the team.
- Demonstrated responsibility for project planning; effectively coordinated budget allocation; made contributions that significantly contributed to project success.
Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Effectively installed, configured, and integrated leading-edge software and hardware for the networking company.
- Installed, configured, and integrated leading-edge voice mail system within an extremely tight deadline.
- Upgraded firm’s connectivity by designing two new testing sites that increased network traffic capacity by 185%.
- Completed new project on time with $200 under budget; recognized as Outstanding Team Member by employees.
- Initiated new email server within 24 hours of the need; received the Golden Hammer Award for 250 highly positive testimonials from satisfied customers.
Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Created and supported a cable television system for a resort.
- Troubleshot network connections for 200 branch offices that were disconnected by the company’s IT department.
- Established, maintained, and updated company’s local area network.
- Supervised over 50 technicians who identified, fixed, and replaced computers at different branches throughout the country.
- Managed multiple service calls daily involving new clients’ computers with hardware failures, software problems, or network connectivity issues.
Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Successfully diagnosed and resolved network telecommunications problems, including broken lines, crossed lines, and misrouted calls.
- Obtained an A+ Technician’s Certification; earned praise from the senior analyst for understanding the complexities of telecommunications.
- Repaired malfunctioning telephones; assembled and installed new telephones. Replaced defective parts in telephones with refurbished parts.
- Installed telephone switches; maintained telephone system’s smooth operations. Performed routine checks on equipment to determine operational condition.
- Upgraded telephone system to newer fiber optic switching system. Conducted training sessions for end users; ensured that all end users understood the new system.
Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Installed and maintained network and hardware infrastructure.
- Troubleshot, diagnosed, and resolved issues within the support team.
- Developed innovative troubleshooting techniques to solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Worked with minimal supervision to complete project goals and hold onto managerial level position as a Network Support Engineer.
- Reviewed training materials and offered suggestions during network certifications for certification candidates.
Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Troubleshot complex, multi-system hardware and software failure, to isolate problems and restore network availability.
- Documented field evaluations to verify proper operation of complex multi-system configurations.
- Trained junior engineers to properly troubleshoot complex hardware and software failures.
- Mentored junior engineers on the use of diagnostic tools for fault isolation of network infrastructures.
- Discovered root cause for intermittent sync loss on remote router connection, enabling high traffic site redundancy with minimal service interruption.
Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Formed team for server configuration, assembly, and installation; successfully resolved network startup issues without disrupting productivity.
- Trained customer support services staff in diagnostic procedures for PC hardware and software issues; improved efficiency of customer response time.
- Achieved high employee morale rating after developing effective workplace policies; initiated positive incentives for all staff members.
- Co-developed professional IT security training program to safeguard the infrastructure against hacking attempts; managed the implementation of the security framework.
- Offered free workshops on website development, maintenance, and search engine ranking techniques; attracted twelve participating businesses in the community.
Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 12
- Provided technical assistance and installation of new and upgraded network systems; tested and resolved connectivity and hardware problems for 30 computers.
- Troubleshot connection issues, monitored network performance, and installed software on server; achieved success rate of 99.3% for connectively.
- Standardized all new computing equipment with standard Operating System version 6, ensuring optimal RAM utilization. Reviewed storage media for virus detection on 40 computers.
- Addressed configuration issues between LANs, WANs, switches, clients, servers, power panels, monitors with increased productivity of 50%. Undertook projects to decrease time spent on data management projects by 0.5%.
- Increased communication and collaboration between locations through standardizing communication technology. Established communication link within the organization to exchange data and communication with 30 locations.
To be a Network Support Engineer, you must have at least two years of technical support experience, strong troubleshooting skills (both written and verbal), and outstanding customer service skills. Network Support Engineers must demonstrate strong skills in problem-solving, attention to detail, the ability to multitask and organize, great communication and verbal skills, work well with others, and provide great customer service.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Network Support Engineer Resume Samples
- Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Network Support Engineer Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up