Health Inspectors are tasked with inspecting a facility to ensure that all health codes are being met. Their duties include conducting inspections at a facility to ensure sanitary codes are being met, issuing violations if necessary, testifying at hearings on behalf of the health department, preparing reports for the health department, issuing an inspection grade to the facility which informs the customers if the establishment has passed the health inspection, and answer any inquiries.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Health Inspector Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Health Inspector resumes for your reference.
Health Inspector Resume Sample 1
- Inspected and documented health conditions at motel facilities to ensure compliance with minimum safety standards.
- Provided technical assistance for employee safety during routine inspections, as well as response to hazardous condition reports.
- Trained additional staff in proper documentation and reporting processes; resolved findings of deficient conditions and equipment through re-inspection or follow-up investigation.
- Identified opportunities for process improvements within department by comparing data analysis, reviewing records, and making recommendations for organizational change.
- Ensured the cleanliness of the city’s waterways by removing debris from underground sewer lines using specialized tools like cameras and jetters (air/water). Work included draining waterback tanks after periods of heavy rain.
Health Inspector Resume Sample 2
- Completed special projects for the State Department of Public Health including the review and update of community emergency response plans, annual flu clinics, outbreak investigations, business inspections.
- Performed health department duties effectively by following up on complaint calls, scouting out health violations during routine inspections, communicating information about food borne illness outbreaks to customers and local restaurants.
- Received accolades from the City Manager and Mayor for excellent attendance during a two-week training program out of town.
- Earned acknowledgment for superb performance as a Worker’s Compensation Specialist; attended court hearings and appeared before appellate judges; prepared legal briefs; interviewed witnesses; gathered medical evidence; arranged rehabilitation programs; monitored employer compliance with case plan objectives.
- Collaborated with over 50 agencies, businesses, and organizations as a member of the Hazardous Materials Advisory Committee; judged at special events such as the American Cancer Society’s “Relay for Life” and the Roundup Rodeo Parade.
Health Inspector Resume Sample 3
- Conducted health inspections by visiting restaurants, hotels, private clubs, and other establishments.
- Plan the daily work schedule according to specific requirements of each business establishment.
- Trained two new employees on proper hygiene inspection identification techniques.
- Monitored food service permit compliance in an effort to reduce contracted diseases during flu season.
- Identified several health code violations at local grocery stores concerning wood pallets being used to transport raw meat products through store, obtained satisfaction that all hazards would be eliminated.
Health Inspector Resume Sample 4
- Reviewed restaurant facility for appropriate sanitation and ventilation according to US State, County, and City laws.
- Trained new staff on proper inspection techniques; aided in updating departmental procedures.
- Consistently achieved high rating of satisfaction according to customer feedback surveys conducted by customers who had recently used the health department services.
- Achieved “Outstanding Performance Award” recognizing my efforts in facilitating customer service; maintained ninety-six percent accuracy rate while processing two-hundred fifty-five inspections within strict deadlines.
- Exceeded targets by utilizing twenty labor hours per inspection with an average of only three inaccuracies out of every four sixty reviews.
Health Inspector Resume Sample 5
- Inspected homes for conditions which are hazardous to the health of residents.
- Evaluated properties for their compliance with state and local codes, including building construction standards, electrical wiring, ventilation, plumbing fixtures, fire escapes, sanitation facilities.
- Provided public education on health matters such as food safety awareness through presenting seminars to senior citizens groups.
- Resolved customer complaints in a courteous manner while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Implemented enforcement strategies by developing corrective action directives after receiving endorsements from third-party accreditation bodies.
Health Inspector Resume Sample 6
- Inspected food services, hospitals, nursing homes and other medical facilities.
- Observed all standards of sanitary procedures as mandated by law.
- Served as a member of the state public health emergency management team to ensure coordination during mass immunizations.
- Monitored water supplies for contamination and pollution levels through testing at various sites throughout the county.
- Recommended changes in building layouts to reduce need for steps and improve traffic flow to meet ADA guidelines.
Health Inspector Resume Sample 7
- Inspected food processing plants to ensure compliance with FDA, USDA, and state codes.
- Wrote more than 200 reports of violations for restaurants, grocery stores, food producers, etc.
- Conducted routine inspections on all public pools in the county to maintain compliance with state statutes.
- Introduced new system that streamlined workflow while doubling frequency of data entry- cutting computer work time by 50%.
- Discovered excessive levels of carcinogenic contaminants in over 300 locations/locations; resulted in proper remediation or permanent closure due to health risks posed.
Health Inspector Resume Sample 8
- Reviewed work of subordinates for quality control to make any necessary corrections.
- Researched various codes and ordinances to identify potential violations, et al.
- Completed inspections on over 20 public service businesses per week; noted concerns in written reports with clear documentation.
- Co-lead a training program for new health inspectors; instructed classes on necessary observations, tools, and processes for conducting inspections.
- Recognized as the top performer by monthly departmental efficiency reports; attested by Acting Manager Dave Smith.
Health Inspector Resume Sample 9
- Verified compliance with codes, laws and regulations governing food service establishments.
- Took initiative to complete work early establishing a record of dependability and trustworthiness.
- Awarded for excellence by the department director who obtained positive customer feedback from clients/informants.
- Identified many possible violations of the cholesterol-food handling code including improper storage temperatures, unsanitary equipment, unapproved items or materials on site, use of expired foods on the menu, lack of signage or labeling for ingredients used in food preparation; all findings were reported to regulatory agency immediately.
- Promoted to inspector II after demonstrating expertise in performing inspections on commercial food processing plants that focused more on potential health issues.
Health Inspector Resume Sample 10
- Successfully completed a two month training program and successfully passed the certification exam.
- Initiated a campaign to increase awareness about health code violations in areas of sanitation, storage, and food preparation.
- Improved all inspection processes through the use of computer technology.
- Saved local restaurant over $20,000 in potential fines by effectively increasing communication concerning food safety inspections with management staff.
- Contributed significantly to the passing score on an accreditation survey for an award winning health department from The Joint Commission.
Health Inspector Resume Sample 11
- Reviewed documents to determine compliance with regulations, standards and procedures.
- Inspected numerous food service establishments; cited violations of regulations regarding refrigeration, food storage, general sanitation, pest control and other health hazards; orally counseled violators on corrections.
- Identified sources of contamination in water samples for bacteriological analysis; conducted laboratory examinations using standard methods, equipment and materials.
- Provided technical advice on proper cooking temperatures for poultry products; recommended measures to ensure the safety of foods served at large gatherings.
- Researched potential sources of hazardous wastes generated by manufacturing plants within local areas while implementing a corporate environmental policy throughout Major Pharmaceutical Company (MPC).
To become a Health Inspector, you will need a bachelor’s degree in occupational health and you must have successfully completed on-the-job training. The skills needed for this position are analytical skills, computer skills, time management skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, stamina, and multitasking skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Health Inspector Resume Samples
- Health Inspector Resume Sample 1
- Health Inspector Resume Sample 2
- Health Inspector Resume Sample 3
- Health Inspector Resume Sample 4
- Health Inspector Resume Sample 5
- Health Inspector Resume Sample 6
- Health Inspector Resume Sample 7
- Health Inspector Resume Sample 8
- Health Inspector Resume Sample 9
- Health Inspector Resume Sample 10
- Health Inspector Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up